Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not really anymore than the other attacking players around him.

For example, the stats for the game vs Leeds (source: https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...land-Premier-League-2020-2021-Tottenham-Leeds)

Most Dispossessed (Player is dispossessed by the opponent):

Bergwijn - 3
Ndombele - 3
Son - 3
Kane - 2

Unsuccessful Touches (Bad Control):

Kane - 4
Bergwijn - 3
Ndombele - 2
Son - 2

And then passing accuracy:

Vinicius - 100%
Sissoko - 90%
Son - 88.9%
Davies - 86.7%
Bergwijn - 78.8%
(some selected other attackers):
Ndombele - 72.7%
Moura - 70%
Kane 64.5%

So in other words, he wasn't dispossessed more than any of our other attackers, whilst having less unsuccessful touches than our other attackers, and better passing accuracy than our other attackers
You can't say anything based on those stats. They don't receive the same kind of balls, and they don't face the same kind of pressure.

For instance Kane is frequently the receipient of long balls from Lloris, Toby etc, and is looking for a flick on, which doesn't have a high completion rate.

Bergwijn is often in our own half contesting loose ball scrambles where he might receive the ball but be quickly surrounded.

Son is similarly crowded out, if he receives the ball in front of the defence, but he's the only one that frequently gets to receive those ball behind the defence which are a lot easier to control.

According to the stats, Kane's passing accuracy is lower than Son, but Kane clearly has a better passing game.

Tottenham-chairman-Daniel-011.jpg

"That'll be £1,000,000,000 mr Bond Perez"

Another assist from corner kick.
his corners been pretty good ever since he took over that duty.
His kicks curls and carries lots of speed. It always look dangerous.
wish he take direct free kick sometimes.
think he can score few goal if he was given few chances.

Last edited:
Another assist from corner kick.
his corners been pretty good ever since he took over that duty.
His kicks curls and carries lots of speed. It always look dangerous.
wish he take direct free kick sometimes.
think he can score few goal if he was given few chances.
Best finisher in the league doesn’t take penalties or take free kicks. Odd.

Best finisher in the league doesn’t take penalties or take free kicks. Odd.

I have no problem with Kane taking penalty because he's probably the best penalty taker in the world, but we never get any goal from direct free kicks ever.
I've seen Son try direct free kick only few times, but whenever he does take it, he scored banger or very close from scoring the goal.

Last edited:
I have no problem with Kane taking penalty because he's probably the best penalty taker in the world, but we never get any goal from direct free kicks ever.
I've seen Son try direct free kick only few times, but whenever he does take it, he scored banger or very close from scoring the goal.
I agree. Kane is absolutely automatic at the penalty line. Interesting idea on Son as a free kick taker though.

If there is one player you want taking penalties... Its Kane.

Watching the goal again, I'm actually convinced that there is a telepathic connection between these two...
Watch how Kane is delivering that inch perfect pass into the space he wants Son to run into and watch Son just making that perfectly timed run into that space before the ball even leaves Kane's foot...insane really

Last edited:
Watching the goal again, I'm actually convinced that there is a telepathic connection between these two...
Watch how Kane is delivering that inch perfect pass into the space he wants Son to run to and watch Son just making that perfectly timed run into that space before the ball even leaves Kane's foot...insane really

134929787_1516397805215519_993147848232961049_n.jpg

This is not a recent phenomenon, this is just Son. He's not a guy known for dribbling, ball retention, and just general build up play.

You can't play him the way Klopp plays Mane/Salah or fat frank plays Pulisic. You try to get in behind the defence rather than letting him try to do it himself.
He dribbled a bit during the goal of the season against Burnley though didn't he?!! Also a great goal against Chelsea a few seasons ago i remember a bit of dribbling going on....🤔

Back
Top Bottom