January 2021 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Problem is, we have already invested heavily in Lo Celso. We didn't pay all that money for him to sit on the bench.

For 65m transfer and 200k a week, Ndombele should be the first name on the team sheet and should be the player dictating the pace and pulling the strings of the entire team. Right now, after 1.5 seasons he still cannot complete 90 minutes and the coach won't trust him to play in a box to box role. He is nowhere near the Dembele/Modric player we needed; and he doesn't have the passing range as a number 10.

As the 'best coach in the world' Mourinho and his team should be improving these players.

It is not asking too much to have multiple high quality midfielders in the squad. We used to have Dele, Dembele, Wanyama and Eriksen. Why can't we have Lo Celso, Ndombele, Hojbjerg and Sabitzer? Especially consdering how fragile Gio is, we should not be reduced to what we did at Wolves and have to put Sissoko on to replace Ndombele.

We need more quality in the middle, more talent to work with. Winks and Sissoko have already shown us their ceiling and it's not good enough for our first XI. Gio has barely got any goals or assists so he needs help too.

It is not asking too much to have multiple high quality midfielders in the squad. We used to have Dele, Dembele, Wanyama and Eriksen. Why can't we have Lo Celso, Ndombele, Hojbjerg and Sabitzer? Especially consdering how fragile Gio is, we should not be reduced to what we did at Wolves and have to put Sissoko on to replace Ndombele.

We need more quality in the middle, more talent to work with. Winks and Sissoko have already shown us their ceiling and it's not good enough for our first XI. Gio has barely got any goals or assists so he needs help too.
100%. midfield needs to be packed with quality. sabitzer looks like he would be a huge piece of the puzzle. can concentrate on upgrading the defence then

Don think I’d like him here. Plus, he’d never play anyway. We’ve got a £40m striker that doesn’t even make the bench sometimes.
He would be on a free, not cup tied in any of the cups that we are interested in.
If it was a six month contract to give him the incentive to earn a new one with us or somewhere else it might be worth looking at.

He would be on a free, not cup tied in any of the cups that we are interested in.
If it was a six month contract to give him the incentive to earn a new one with us or somewhere else it might be worth looking at.
Couple of positives there, but still outweighed by the negatives for me. But if he does come in, I’ll be praying to my god that he scores a bucketload.

I’d like to see Skip recalled and then we could play a 4231 with PEH and Skipp as DMs and then Son Tanguy Bale/Stevie B as the attackers. If we got Sabitzer possibly move Tanguy to the left and Son to the right

Last edited:
I'm amazed at the armchair generals getting themselves into a froth. Daniel Levy has opened his wallet. He is done spending im sure man crush on Jose will have faded and the reality of the last few performances set his pragmatism in stone.
The only way we buy is if we sell and the only one we would sell in January would be Dele, but I think a loan out, possibly with a buy clause, is most likely.

The only way we buy is if we sell and the only one we would sell in January would be Dele, but I think a loan out, possibly with a buy clause, is most likely.

I think we would consider offers for far more players than just Dele. Aurier's contract is running down, he either needs to extend now or be sold. Lucas has fallen out of the first XI and is not good enough to get back. Davinson is way down the pecking order. We are desparate to shift Gazzaniga too.

Lots of deals to be done if the right offers arrive.

Back
Top Bottom