Spurs vs Chelsea - The Reckoning

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Welcome back 2011-2012 Ade, can we keep that one permanently? And say what you want about Parker, he ran his tits off today, cannot question his commintment. As somebody else said its a great result but not enough really, hate having to rely on others to slip up :/ this squad has a never say die attitude though which is the first time ive ever been able to say that in my support. Future is bright whatever happens in the next two games COYS :ade:

Pundits questioning whether Ade can do it on a mild Sunday lunchtime in Stoke. Probably not, I reckon.
Bit of mind-games from AVB and drop him for Defoe?

Can't drop your man of the match.

If that wouldn't absolutely destroy your confidence I don't know what would.

To be fair to AVB, I can understand why he persists with Parker. What he brings us is dogged defensive determination, willingness to throw his body in the way and get hurt for the team. And in these difficult matches, you can appreciate a manager's hesitance to bring off someone like that, especially considering that we didn't have Dembele either so we already lacked defensive energy.

My thoughts from the game:

1) Parker and Huddlestone were completely overrun on the break by Ramires, Oscar and Hazard. Parker wasn't in the game at all today and looked very undisciplined and went forward too often for my liking.

2) Huddlestone's set-pieces were dreadful.

3) Tonight showed us all the type of Adebayor performance that has given him a reputation as a handful. He was strong, had great hold-up play, made some lovely link-up play and was very alert. His best performance of the season by far and it's such a shame that he can't put in performances like that more often.

4) Sigurdsson is going to be a big squad player for us next season. He has really come on since the new year and has looked intelligent, with good movement and a great ability to finish and play the killer ball.

5) Our organisation at the back at times wasn't up to scratch, and we got lucky a few times on the break.

6) GB11 fo lyfe :p xoxoxoxox

7) Fuck off Chelsea

Suppose it could have been worse..... but my stomach has been churning all day, and its not going to be any better for the next two weeks. So annoying when you look back at the silly points we dropped, but then again, it wouldn't be Spurs if we did it the easy way. Just for once, let Lady Luck be with us as the season comes to an end.

Sorry guys but spurs are cursed to finish under Woolwich. It happens every year. Why would it stop now? Too many times a square ball was on and players like dempsey would put the ball wide of the posts and shoot. Ade played well. Where was bale today? Why didnt carroll come on?.....we neef more depth...p.s anybody notice we are inly dangerous from corners when caulker plays?

Bale was attracting the attention from 4 players at a time allowing the rest of the team room to breathe.

Carroll didn't come on because we scored right before he was to come on and it made sense to not open ourselves up to retaliation. We had more chances than they did in the final minutes so this was a good call.

ps- If Caulker is in the game over Dawson or Vertoghen they probably score two more goals than they did sooooooo... yeah.

Not really, Wigan will be absolutely fucking knackered after playing at Wembley just three days earlier.

There's still pressure on them. We thought Fulham would be an easy game but some days things dont click and Wigan could snatch a point but knowing Woolwich they'll get some lucky goal and sneak a win

Ade's touch map!

BJxXdu8CQAADk1n.jpg

Welcome back 2011-2012 Ade, can we keep that one permanently? And say what you want about Parker, he ran his tits off today, cannot question his commintment. As somebody else said its a great result but not enough really, hate having to rely on others to slip up :/ this squad has a never say die attitude though which is the first time ive ever been able to say that in my support. Future is bright whatever happens in the next two games COYS :ade:

Agree to an extent. Was very good for the last 10-15

My thoughts from the game:

1) Parker and Huddlestone were completely overrun on the break by Ramires, Oscar and Hazard. Parker wasn't in the game at all today and looked very undisciplined and went forward too often for my liking.

2) Huddlestone's set-pieces were dreadful.

3) Tonight showed us all the type of Adebayor performance that has given him a reputation as a handful. He was strong, had great hold-up play, made some lovely link-up play and was very alert. His best performance of the season by far and it's such a shame that he can't put in performances like that more often.

4) Sigurdsson is going to be a big squad player for us next season. He has really come on since the new year and has looked intelligent, with good movement and a great ability to finish and play the killer ball.

5) Our organisation at the back at times wasn't up to scratch, and we got lucky a few times on the break.

6) GB11 fo lyfe :p xoxoxoxox
errrr did not reeeeeaaadd

Wow, that was a proper game of football! To be honest, watching it was painful, but it was a great atmosphere at the stadium (mostly by our fans - credits to them) and it was also a fair played game, which is important. Adebayor was man of the world tonight, never seen his workrate that high. Before the match I would easily take a draw, so pretty happy with the result. Won't talk too much about it, but we've still got a decent chance of reaching CL. (Not that it means we're gonna do it - #spursy)

And if we think about it - reaching Champions League is not what football really is about. Football is about being happy for not having a manager who complains on silly situations after every single match. For being grateful for having the greatest support in the league with no supporters booing the other team's fans for singing, and of course love the fact that we've developed into a top 4 contestant every year in a fair and honest way.

A real club from London,
We know what we are

COYS!

Back
Top Bottom