Crystal Palace v. Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday, December 13, 2:15 PM GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m hoping we rest Aurier and Reggie for this so they can be fresh for Wednesday, the lineup below I think we only ever see that front 4 is if it’s 0-0 at 70 minutes or we are losing , can’t see Jose changing a winning formula at the moment.

I agree with you, just think it’d be fun to see especially since we’re going to need to rotate a bit with 4 games in 10 days including two top four teams and a quarterfinal.

I agree with you, just think it’d be fun to see especially since we’re going to need to rotate a bit with 4 games in 10 days including two top four teams and a quarterfinal.
Yeah it would be nice to see , but I think Jose would rather us win 2-0 than 5-1, I may be wrong but I think the way we set up as well is going to help us with fitness come the end of the season, take the goons games for example , we hardly broke a sweat 2nd half which makes a change from the players pressing for 90 minutes.

Not sure people keep thinking of the pool game. No losing focus just one game at a time concentrate on palace. No point gettingcarrogant and start thinking like we are serial winners and picking and choosing our games. Palace will be tough so pick the beat 11 to try to beat them then move on to pool game. Also the defence is one area you don’t to keep chopping and changing so as must as possible keep the same back four for the PL games. Remember when poch would change full backs every game and people use go mental. Need to keep consistency in the defence. Further the way we have benn playing with low block I don’t think the players are running the same mileage as we have previous years. 2nd half v Woolwich case in point it was almost as if we were playing to conserve energy. Hopefully this stands is in good stread for later in the season. Anyway I bet pool don’t change their team too much they almost always play the same defence and forwards if they aren’t injured so not sure why we think we need to change the team. It’s not as if our starting 11 have had to play tough midweek CL games.

Not sure people keep thinking of the pool game. No losing focus just one game at a time concentrate on palace. No point gettingcarrogant and start thinking like we are serial winners and picking and choosing our games. Palace will be tough so pick the beat 11 to try to beat them then move on to pool game. Also the defence is one area you don’t to keep chopping and changing so as must as possible keep the same back four for the PL games. Remember when poch would change full backs every game and people use go mental. Need to keep consistency in the defence. Further the way we have benn playing with low block I don’t think the players are running the same mileage as we have previous years. 2nd half v Woolwich case in point it was almost as if we were playing to conserve energy. Hopefully this stands is in good stread for later in the season. Anyway I bet pool don’t change their team too much they almost always play the same defence and forwards if they aren’t injured so not sure why we think we need to change the team. It’s not as if our starting 11 have had to play tough midweek CL games.
I don't think looking forward to Liverpool IS being arrogant, purely cos most people expect us to drop points against them, which makes tomorrow's game even MORE vital!
It's BECAUSE we're not being arrogant that we know we NEED to win tomorrow, 'cos getting anything from Liverpool away is FAR from a given!

I’m confused, you keep on calling out as a fanboy yet you also have a player in your username?
I’ve been reading his and your posts and I don’t think there’s anything to see here.
You keep calling him out in various threads is tiresome though.
The guy clearly supports Liverpool. He is here to shit in everyone that plays for us other than Kane. Very obvious.

Any other year I’d probably be pushing for a 3-0 smashing but I’m content with a boring 1-0. Keep the momentum going, it’s all about the results. We’ve got 4 tough/important games coming up after this one and I definitely don’t want this game, of all games, to be our stumbling block.

Top of the league, semis of Carling Cup and in the mix for the FA Cup and Europa on Jan 1st ....f&$kin delish!

:dierno:

Anything from Anfield is extra, this game is our bread and butter. Another must win can’t risk blowing this and trying to make up against the Scouse
We are top of the league not in the bottom six looking at the Liverpool game as a free hit. Mourinho will go to Anfield with the same attitude as any game against our main rivals.......WE DO NOT LOSE....That’s the way he is . He has certainly knocked out most of the silly mistakes we used to make. Victory would be nice though.

Shame the Liverpool game is not first as the players are fresher than they will be by Wednesday. Silly to rest the big hitters but there could be up to 3 changes. Doherty, Rodon & Moura or Bale could start without really weakening the 11.
The players attitude must be right and no pacing themselves for Liverpool. Absolutely cannot drop points here.
Concerned to see the heading on the official website 'the season for giving has begun' They could have worded it better.

Palace (a)
Liverpool(a)
Leicester(h)
Wolves(a)
next four league games we come through that say 8pts in the bag+ turn Stoke over.......
8-CAD1-F3-A-C34-F-40-BC-B43-D-F50158-C24-B05.gif

Yeah i think the core of the team will start all 3 games , it’s not like we are playing like we did under poch and pressing teams for 90 minutes , but I do think we will make a few changes having to play 3 games in such a short space of time.
Lloris, Dier, Hog, Moose, Son, Kane play all 3 IMO plus Toby 90%.
Rotate RB and LB, Lucas and Berg, GLC and Ndombele.

Good Good result the Manchester derby. It make us go into this game with less pressure. And less pressure is always better. Now Everton has to do its part 😎
Don't think does tbh. Chelsea and Liverpool are the real threats.

We are top of the league not in the bottom six looking at the Liverpool game as a free hit. Mourinho will go to Anfield with the same attitude as any game against our main rivals.......WE DO NOT LOSE....That’s the way he is . He has certainly knocked out most of the silly mistakes we used to make. Victory would be nice though.
Not disagreeing, I expect us to continue as we’ve been going whoever put in front of us. Anfield not a free hit but will be a hill if we dismiss Palace

No rotating the defence for the next 3 games please. That needs to stay the same. 3 matches in a week isn't gonna kill them.

Need to win this tomorrow first. Too many posters on here getting ahead of themselves thinking about Wed.

I'm intrigued how this game is gonna play out. Who will take the initiative, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom