Have we signed Milan Škriniar yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It makes you wonder whether Poch would have been afforded these riches had he not lost the plot.
The amount spent (fees and wages) is strange considering the conditions recently and the uncertainty of the coming months.
When you consider Poch had 450M spent in five years....and that’s just 4 summer windows because of 2018, I think it’s fairly obvious he had money to spend.

The difference here is that Jose is looking at players like Bale, Skriniar, Reguilon and Doherty, where as Poch was looking at Aurier, Sessegnon, Moura and Sanchez.

Now I highly rated Sánchez, and wouldn’t give up on him yet. But what kind of moron signs a player for a 44M record fee, drops him when he was good, then plays him at RB?

Oh give it a rest.

Hojbjerg has played a whole 2 PL games and he played well 2nd half against the saints. He wasn't invisible at all, so I suggest you actually watch the games or at least put your glasses on.

No wonder other fans call us fickle. Shitting on a player, undeservedly so too, after just 2 fucking games.

Delete your account.

Lo Celso and Ndombele can easily dictate the tempo of a game. They are capable of doing it on their own, if they get fully fit and play together?

With Hojberg actually sitting and mopping up we would dominate most games.

Unreal lol some people will never be happy.

First of all although he didnt have the best first game (nobody did), he was good second game. Just go and look at his stats, he's doing exactly what is expected of him. The people setting the tempo in this team will be Holjbjerg and Ndombele.

You can see Ndombeles game is starting to appear, he is pure quality and just needs a run now to show it. He gets the ball forward quickly and the first goal the other day was perfect example of that. Half way into his own half, lovely skill bursts forward and quick with the pass to Kane. Correct me if I'm wrong in the Amazon doc, Mourinho pulled up Alli for a lazy pass that did nothing for Sons run in a match. That goal was exactly what mourinho was pointing out.

Get behind this team, it could be very very special.

The era of Modric/Dembele is in our past, we have to find a new way to play. Very few teams have a quality playmaker in that deep position, if you look at last season's top 4 only De Bruyne is doing that role. Liverpool now have Thiago but United and Chelsea don't have that type of player. They are like gold dust.

With the players we have now (and the ones we are linked to) I think we will have enough quality to be competitive in every game, that doesn't mean we are going to play the way we did in our pomp. That isn't possible with the players we have.

Did you see our first goal on Sunday? Serious Question!

Never been so happy to receive 5 disagrees :D . Seriously - I am happy that people are positive (except cretinousgoat cretinousgoat - you can literally go fist yourself with cactus. I was raising a question/ issue I have, to call fickle and to suggest deleting account is just a good indication of your mental issues) it totally might be that the start has made me too pessimistic. In terms of PEH you can go to his thread and read that I was quite optimistic about his purchase and preseason performances...I absolutely hope that you guys are totally right and me totally pessimistic :thumbup:

Just felt that how our midfield played in first 45 min against Soton, decent teams would comfortably hit us with 3-4 goals and comfortably retreat to defensive shape.
P.S just honest question to 4 normal responders - wouldn't you feel more comfortable going into new season with proper DM in the side instead of say ... Sissoko?

When you consider Poch had 450M spent in five years....and that’s just 4 summer windows because of 2018, I think it’s fairly obvious he had money to spend.

The difference here is that Jose is looking at players like Bale, Skriniar, Reguilon and Doherty, where as Poch was looking at Aurier, Sessegnon, Moura and Sanchez.

Now I highly rated Sánchez, and wouldn’t give up on him yet. But what kind of moron signs a player for a 44M record fee, drops him when he was good, then plays him at RB?

Yes, I never understood why Poch handled Sanchez like that. The kid was doing well and then got dropped for no reason.

Never been so happy to receive 5 disagrees :D . Seriously - I am happy that people are positive (except cretinousgoat cretinousgoat - you can literally go fist yourself with cactus. I was raising a question/ issue I have, to call fickle and to suggest deleting account is just a good indication of your mental issues) it totally might be that the start has made me too pessimistic. In terms of PEH you can go to his thread and read that I was quite optimistic about his purchase and preseason performances...I absolutely hope that you guys are totally right and me totally pessimistic :thumbup:

Just felt that how our midfield played in first 45 min against Soton, decent teams would comfortably hit us with 3-4 goals and comfortably retreat to defensive shape.
P.S just honest question to 4 normal responders - wouldn't you feel more comfortable going into new season with proper DM in the side instead of say ... Sissoko?

Fist yourself you fat git. You're a fat Rik waller. Fatty.

Don't bother replying. Wouldn't want you to get out of breathe typing.

Won't lie, I know nothing of this chap, but just seeing everyone else's boner is giving me a massive boner...

...think I'll need to rephrase that.

I am so out the loop with football apart from Spurs these days,i haven't heard of any of the blokes we have signed or been interested in apart from that Gareth bloke.
Even then i had to go back and check through my old scrap books...

I am so out the loop with football apart from Spurs these days,i haven't heard of any of the blokes we have signed or been interested in apart from that Gareth bloke.
Even then i had to go back and check through my old scrap books...

I hear you..... Back in the Panini-era I knew the XG's and pressure regains of every player in the league!

...And I was unbeatable at Soccer Top Trumps.

Last edited:
It makes you wonder whether Poch would have been afforded these riches had he not lost the plot.
The amount spent (fees and wages) is strange considering the conditions recently and the uncertainty of the coming months.

I'm not complaining though. However... the pressure will really be on José to deliver. I said the same of Klopp last season. It was his last chance. If he didn't win the league then he was a failure. I don't think that's true for José this season, but with the trust shown in him by the chairman, he will have to repay him with results.

Also I'd love to know the nitty gritty of the vision for the club. Is it really world domination? Or is it more along the lines of win a trophy every now and then and stay safely in the top 4.

They want the stadium to sell out every game, and regular top 4 finishes. They want to make a big profit.

On the flip side the club has spent a fortune on global promotion, including the dual purpose stadium. Levy has spent a lot of time building the Tottenham 'brand'. Ultimately none of this means nothing if we're not successful as people will just lose interest.

I'd imagine that ENIC view Man United as the model to replicate or at least aspire towards.

A mediocre team with average ticket sales would be a disaster for them.

Back
Top Bottom