Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ighalo is better than fucking Sorloth for a start and was a cheap January panic punt that's impressed, anyone defending signing this shit show of a signing Sorloth after a full Summer window needs a fucking brain transplant.

Gotcha... So you're simply comparing Igalo vs Sorloth. Wasn't sure what their front 3 starters had to do with it; as - Much like the chavs - I don't think there's any cause for envy on that front.

Bucks stops with the ownership when it comes to anything if you boil the hierarchy down hard enough, but that equally means by the same token they should be praised for everything good..... (Poch, Kane/academy, Stadium, CL final blah.)

I'm right behind any calls for the recruitment department to be improved. Yes, we should wag the finger at Levy until it's done, but the reality is middle management (be that Poch, Hitchens Jose whoever) have to be accountable within the context of their role too.
Of course, I've never said any different.

Guys, Rodriguez went to Everton just because of Ancelotti.. Please remember that..
I’m confident he went there for the wages, if he went for the manager alone that’s a very risky move. Of course top dollar + manager you like. You go. Manger you like and not top wages. You don’t go.

Know idea how true these Sorloth links are but fucking hell have we really sunk so low that we're chasing Crystal Palace's cast offs.
Reminds me of Christmas as a kid, i wanted a scalextric racing kit but got an apple, a bag of nuts and a look at one of the old mans playboy mags.

How much these guys get paid has nothing to do with it. The demands here are different from Leicester and similar to Man Utd. If ENIC wants top four they either have to pay top dollar to get the players required or have a good enough structure in place where we get the players required for a reasonable price.

The demands aren't similar to ManU, they are one of the richest three clubs in the world and have been for a decade, their demands should be to be winning the title and the CL every year. WE/Levy doesn't demand that.

By all means criticise Levy for decisions he makes, I do, but criticising him for running the business like a business in terms of the financial parameters is stupid, because that's how all bar two or three clubs in Europe are run.

I've been a minority voice that has spoken out against the section of FFP that prevents owners from gifting money into clubs, or "financially doping" as the majority of people on here like to call it (many of whom strangely whine about ENIC not spending their money on players) but the fact is it is here and even if ENIC wanted to, they couldn't just spunk a billion quid of their own money on transfers, so it's a bullshit notion.

That was why they built a stadium. It generates much bigger revenues that can be legitimately invested within FFP.

Yes the ultimate goal is to one cash out their investment and make a profit, why is that unusual? That's what FSG/Henry are doing at Liverpool in exactly the same way. Do you expect every club to be owned by an oil state and sponsored by it's national airline to circumnavigate FFP?

Liverpool have spent 50m less than us in 2020. 100m net less than us in the last 12 months. Aren't their demands higher than ours, I mean they are the world champions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom