Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy comes across as the sly cunt that he is.
Not only did he not back his manager but he let the squad rot with an unprecedented level of under investment.
But you won't hear about that though. It's all "the facts are results are poor. My heart said no" blah blah. Snake. If you can't see how fake he is then I don't know how some of you lot get through life. He's a greedy businessman whose best work has been convincing the fans he's one of them to the point many become fans of him.

Jose seems to be doing alright with the players mostly.
But let's be real. He almost always needed money and more money than his rivals along with better players.

Can he rebuild on a budget and bring us success?
Well his defensive football is about playing the percentages, not overly committing, staying compact and countering. This works a decent amount of the time. We'll pick u a win, then draw, then lose, then win again etc. More often than not we'll win as we have better players. This is good enough for top 4 and to fluke a cup via bus parking.
We're not getting anywhere near the league though. City and Pool are putting up totals Jose never did even when he had superior resources to rivals.
Will Jose give us a new more attacking, less passive style? I doubt it but in his defence it did appear he was trying to get the team to press and preseason further suggests that.

I think you are missing the most important player here. Hugo Lloris.

You don't see much of him because of his elbow injury. But there is a major difference between having him playing and between the sticks and having Gazza.
I think we will see more of what kind of leader and influence he has on the club (not just the team) in the latter episodes.
It was really noticeable that he was still in the dressing room even when he was injured...

I read a good interview with Dier yesterday; he came across as pretty worldly and sophisticated, which surprised me, and isn't how Dele comes across, to me at least.

Dier mentioned that he was great mates with Jan and was really sad to see him leave, and also that he likes to spend time with the Argentinians at the club, especially Gio, and loves their outlook on life. No mention of Dele - doesn't mean they're not still good friends, but it did suggest that maybe Dier's matured quicker than Dele has. Of course, Dele's a couple of years younger so maybe that'll change.

Dier has always come across as a sharp guy to me.

At least I now know the order in which to put toothpaste and water on my toothbrush.
Someone else much earlier in the thread pointed out just how immature Dele is coming across. Now, I get that that could easily be editing. However, as someone else pointed out the difference between the JM/DA and JM/ED tête-à-tête's was day and night. Dele sitting there with nothing constructive to bring to the conversation. "Happy" to be admonished, and Eric stepping up, understanding and accepting that he needs to do better or he may as well jack it. Those 2 clips were very illuminating in my view.

I just don't know whether Dele has the fire in him to want to be the best player he can be. Which as we know is a devastating force on his day.

He slagged Aurier before the olympiakos game and Serge scores a fucking screamer. He slaughtered Dele and got a good response. I feel sorry for Dier (that 30th minute substitution was right, but crushed the lad as we all saw laid bare) & Jan. Fucking hell, I will be a gibberish wreck by the end of this series as it all unfolds as we know it does.
It wasn’t just the telling off of Aurier, tho - he also moved him higher up the pitch. A lot of criticism about his tactics, but they clearly adapt to the situation. For me, the highlight of asking Serge to play further forward was when the camera panned to Eriksen’s face when he’s told he’ll cover the space that Aurier vacates and he realises he may have to challenge in a 50/50!

Last edited:
I will be interested to see how much of a Captain's influence Hugo has on the team when he returns from injury in the series. It's difficult imagining him doing the pre-match motivational talk just before kick off.
It was strange enough to hear Harry swearing but Lloris saying 'fucking' with that French accent ? Nah, he wouldn't would he ?
Just c-bombs it all the way.

Someone else much earlier in the thread pointed out just how immature Dele is coming across. Now, I get that that could easily be editing. However, as someone else pointed out the difference between the JM/DA and JM/ED tête-à-tête's was day and night. Dele sitting there with nothing constructive to bring to the conversation. "Happy" to be admonished, and Eric stepping up, understanding and accepting that he needs to do better or he may as well jack it. Those 2 clips were very illuminating in my view.

I just don't know whether Dele has the fire in him to want to be the best player he can be. Which as we know is a devastating force on his day.
Did you see Dele on Gogglebox? He didn’t know what a composer was. He very much clearly didn’t have the right support at the right time (ie, teens, school etcetera)- it will be interesting to see if the club can support him as the pressure grows.

Thought it was weird they were playing a Mourinho highlights reel in the canteen....seems a lot of the players thought so too...
I think it was trying to promote self-belief? If you believe you have one of the greatest managers in the game, rather than a Danny Rose Google special, you’re more likely to work for them?

The fire was on full display for the first few years. It obviously made him into an incredible and dynamic player, but we also had the petulant bullshit that came along with it too. That has been completely missing for a while now.

The stories were that they were working with Dele to curb the reckless fouls and outbursts on the pitch, but maybe it killed too much of the fire that was in him before. Hopefully Jose can find it again, at least in terms of performance, but Dele does look awful immature.

The fire was on full display for the first few years. It obviously made him into an incredible and dynamic player, but we also had the petulant bullshit that came along with it too. That has been completely missing for a while now.

The stories were that they were working with Dele to curb the reckless fouls and outbursts on the pitch, but maybe it killed too much of the fire that was in him before. Hopefully Jose can find it again, at least in terms of performance, but Dele does look awful immature.
Don’t mind the fire as long as we get the performance back, but I don’t think the fire has gone because of anyone trying to calm him down, I think it has gone because he has become psychologically comfortable and has begun to think he has made it already.

Don’t mind the fire as long as we get the performance back, but I don’t think the fire has gone because of anyone trying to calm him down, I think it has gone because he has become psychologically comfortable and has begun to think he has made it already.
I don't even think that it's because he thinks he's made it as a footballer. I think being a footballer is just secondary (at best) in his life priorities.

Back
Top Bottom