Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

3 episodes in and not a single mention or true sighting of Giovani Lo Celso yet. (Besides here and there and a mention of him being a goalscorer against Red Star)

Shows where he was at the beginning of the season really and how a bit of luck helped him on his way to being one of our most important players.

Looking forward to watching this latter today. Funny so many seemed to have done a 180-degree pivot on this, which is fine but really tedious having to endure the endless negativity during the previous months leading up to this point.

Came in here to post that I've just listened to the TFC podcast (first time I've listened to it in almost a year) which is very good as speaks exclusively to the two producers involved in making of this documentary.
To be fair I think there is a difference between finding it entertaining and wanting to watch it and thinking that it still shouldn't have happened. I am finding it a good watch but it is pretty intrusive on the players and staff to have cameras there all the time watching their every move. I imagine they couldn't speak like they normally would at the training ground for a lot of the year and that has to effect squad harmony. Not to mention every time a player cops a spray from the manager, they know the world is going to see it.

I think I’ll listen to that after I’ve watched the three episodes tonight. Will be a nice accompaniment
Suggest the other way around. The only reason for this was because this is what I was recommended lol. But seriously it was because there was a growing conspiracy growing amongst Spurs fans in that Levy hired Jose solely down to improve the documentary ratings!! They were very open to when they started filming and how open Spurs were in allowing them access. Our fanbase is literally no different to the scum up the road nowadays isn't it?

Either way, it was dealing interesting listening to them and good questions asked by Flav Flav

3 episodes in and not a single mention or true sighting of Giovani Lo Celso yet. (Besides here and there and a mention of him being a goalscorer against Red Star)

Shows where he was at the beginning of the season really and how a bit of luck helped him on his way to being one of our most important players.

Nothing of Ndombele either; outside of a few passing shots in the canteen.

Due to editorial control in the name of protecting the asset, I suspect we might not get much insight into his situation.

Nothing of Ndombele either; outside of a few passing shots in the canteen.

To be fair - there weren't many murmurings of Mourinho/Ndombele until new year.

Ndombele was starting the majority of the games under Pochettino and was getting games under Mourinho too and coming off the bench when coming back from injuries etc.

So the next 3 episodes that get released next week should probably cover both Ndombele and Lo Celso.

To be fair - there weren't many murmurings of Mourinho/Ndombele until new year.

Ndombele was starting the majority of the games under Pochettino and was getting games under Mourinho too and coming off the bench when coming back from injuries etc.

So the next 3 episodes that get released next week should probably cover both Ndombele and Lo Celso.

You may be right; you'd have expected perhaps a mention or two of "record signings" by now I'd have thought though..... If this is a Pro-Levy-propaganda piece as some think then why else no talk of "we had a big spend up in the summer" etc?

You may be right; you'd have expected perhaps a mention or two of "record signings" by now I'd have thought though..... If this is a Pro-Levy-propaganda piece as some think then why else no talk of "we had a big spend up in the summer" etc?
Of course when they are mentioned in the upcoming episode, you'll have the "See, I told you it's a Levy whitewash"

What also becomes clear as this unfolds is just how much perspective alters about Mourinho very quickly - kind of as it did when he arrived here with his smooth motherfucker persona and had us eating out of his hand, but quickly had me detesting some of his narcissistic bollocks. His bullshit and blarney is slick and sophisticated by much of the standards we are used to in English football, but ultimately a lot of it is still bullshit and blarney, and you can absolutely see how this guy can't stay anywhere for long. Gradually it becomes less and less plausible, players start to cash out what they had previously bought into.

For all the smooth self confidence, there's a flaw in the integrity valve. I'm sure there are enough players in the dressing room that still buy it - the Sissoko's and Dier's and Winksey's and Toby's - footballer's aren't the most cerebral and often just need a "leader" to tell them everything will be good if they just do what he says, but his divisive methodology ("Dier shouldn't play but I need to keep him and the dressing room sweet") also has it's flaws that you can understand how it creates problems as well as solves them.

I found the public humiliating of Aurier, whilst contrasted against the mollycoddling Dier distasteful and typical - we see the same double standard with Ndombele and - insert Dier, Sissoko, Lo Celso etc here - of his divisive methodology.

Because the doc has clearly been rewritten and rearranged to suit.

If we never sacked Poch, no doubt it'd opened up with big spend in the summer, huge hopes etc.

Instead it's about Spurs were shit. We've got a winner now.

Finished all 3 now

1) Very honest at times with what's happening this is defo not a PR spin machine very honest about the clubs failings in the past

2) Levy comes across very well and looked genuinely upset Poch gave him no choice

3) The behind the scenes look at the dressing room was very reveling, Kane being so vicious and in your face really surprised me with his team talks.

4) Mourinho comes across great also and you can see how desperate he was to get Eriksen on board but he just wouldn't

5) Very glad they didn't give any mention of the false racial claims by Rudiger

Also looking forward to what Mourinho tried to do when we had Kane and Son both injured and we had that terrible patch just before lock down that cost us top 4.

Also looking forward to the work he obviously did during the lockdown as the tactical approach especially the defense changed massively

Because the doc has clearly been rewritten and rearranged to suit.

If we never sacked Poch, no doubt it'd opened up with big spend in the summer, huge hopes etc.

Instead it's about Spurs were shit. We've got a winner now.

Sure, but either way it would be a notable part of the narrative (as I say, especially if this was indeed a glorified Levy puff-piece)..... We don't splash out like that every year.

I fully expect the Ndombele saga to be glossed over to preserve any potential fee.

Last edited:
Seen a few clips flying around. Haven't watched it full yet but just on the clips I come away cringing at the dialogue. Seems like our lot are extremely shy and fed lines on what to say.

Back
Top Bottom