Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
It is a Multi Sports and Entertainment complex. Built primaraly with NFL in mind.

These were the words from our very own business development manager.

A cash cow for ENIC in which we are the Anchor Tennants and will be paying for until 2050

What I find so cute is this misguided belief some have that the revenue and profits from Lady Ga Ga , Steelers v Redskins, Fury v Joshua etc will be used to invest in the squad of Tottenham Hotspur.
:harrylol:
It's a joke isn't it. Especially after that clusterf**k yesterday.

It was cringe af so I'm glad it didn't happen although I thought I heard a plane fly over low just after we equalised, so wondered if the cameras just weren't bothering to show it. Although as there seems to be no pics even now it was prob just something going to Stansted

It is a Multi Sports and Entertainment complex. Built primaraly with NFL in mind.

These were the words from our very own business development manager.

A cash cow for ENIC in which we are the Anchor Tennants and will be paying for until 2050

What I find so cute is this misguided belief some have that the revenue and profits from Lady Ga Ga , Steelers v Redskins, Fury v Joshua etc will be used to invest in the squad of Tottenham Hotspur.
:harrylol:
So you've pivoted from "not one brick" to "how dare they use the stadium for other events"?

:adethumbup:

I haven't been following this all that closely but is there any indication that there actually was close to 700 pounds actually raised?

It seems like that number was likely way over reported to make the organizer and cause sound much more important and viable than it was.

Either way sucks if anyone actually lost money but hopefully a lesson on being careful about where you send your money and vetting people first.

The idea was a good one as Levy is a POS and any public reminder of that is always a good thing but sending money to random people over twitter never seems like a good idea at all.

So you've pivoted from "not one brick" to "how dare they use the stadium for other events"?

:adethumbup:
I'm not saying they shouldn't use it for other events.

I've just pointed out that the main purpose of the multi sports and entertainment complex is not to bankroll our football team, as some of the more naive among us think.

And it was the club's very own head of business development who said that first and foremost it's an NFL stadium. With the aim of securing a permanent NFL franchise in London.

These aren't my words, mate. There from the club.

And they used the term Anchor Tenants. Not me.

No. They can use the stadium for whatever they want. It's their arena.

But let's act like grown ups and accept that the other events are not being lined up for their love of Tottenham Hotspur. They have openly said they're only involved in football to exploit its popularity.

The stadium is a cash cow for ENIC, not Spurs.

Levy and ENIC are certainly not perfect, but I'm not so sure them leaving is good for us at the moment. Unless we get a nation state like City and PSG have to run us, we're going to have our own pitfalls with any new owners.

Levy and ENIC are certainly not perfect, but I'm not so sure them leaving is good for us at the moment. Unless we get a nation state like City and PSG have to run us, we're going to have our own pitfalls with any new owners.
People seem to forget to that Abramovich turned us down, and none of the Arabs have enquired about buying the Yid army. I want a flying pony rather than my shitty car, but I'm not going to scrap the car until the pony arrives.

I'm not saying they shouldn't use it for other events.

I've just pointed out that the main purpose of the multi sports and entertainment complex is not to bankroll our football team, as some of the more naive among us think.

And it was the club's very own head of business development who said that first and foremost it's an NFL stadium. With the aim of securing a permanent NFL franchise in London.

These aren't my words, mate. There from the club.

And they used the term Anchor Tenants. Not me.

No. They can use the stadium for whatever they want. It's their arena.

But let's act like grown ups and accept that the other events are not being lined up for their love of Tottenham Hotspur. They have openly said they're only involved in football to exploit its popularity.

The stadium is a cash cow for ENIC, not Spurs.
You're deluding yourself if you believe anyone owns a football club at the PL level for any other reason than the bolded bit.

Your basic bone to pick, that you've cleaned off and nearly ground to dust at this point, is that you want Lewis and Levy to be fanboys that spunk Joe's fortune on signings to deliver a trophy. That isn't ever going to happen, and there's no ownership alternatives out there that will make it happen.

What other uses the stadium gets is really neither here nor there, because the options are:

A - Increased finances and sexy new stadium propel us to annual top 4 contenders, try to build up responsibly to a level of serial competing for silverware.

B- Stay in the old, familiar WHL, less money but whatever we do have goes to players and try to crack the top 4 occasionally when our youngsters blossom well. Try to win domestic cups, as it's the only reasonably attainable goal.

Option A is the plan, it's worked and we're moving forward with trying to retool it. Option B represents the Redknapp era. Having Bale and Modric explode before our eyes is hardly something that's expectedly repeatable - and even with that, the heights of that era paled in comparison to the last few seasons before this. I'd rather see this club losing CL finals than win a poxy League Cup.

Option C, your free spending ownership group fantasy, doesn't exist.

People seem to forget to that Abramovich turned us down, and none of the Arabs have enquired about buying the Yid army. I want a flying pony rather than my shitty car, but I'm not going to scrap the car until the pony arrives.

You think that is because they have no interest?

Given the choice you think that MBS wants Newcastle instead of a London based team?

You're deluding yourself if you believe anyone owns a football club at the PL level for any other reason than the bolded bit.

Your basic bone to pick, that you've cleaned off and nearly ground to dust at this point, is that you want Lewis and Levy to be fanboys that spunk Joe's fortune on signings to deliver a trophy. That isn't ever going to happen, and there's no ownership alternatives out there that will make it happen.

What other uses the stadium gets is really neither here nor there, because the options are:

A - Increased finances and sexy new stadium propel us to annual top 4 contenders, try to build up responsibly to a level of serial competing for silverware.

B- Stay in the old, familiar WHL, less money but whatever we do have goes to players and try to crack the top 4 occasionally when our youngsters blossom well. Try to win domestic cups, as it's the only reasonably attainable goal.

Option A is the plan, it's worked and we're moving forward with trying to retool it. Option B represents the Redknapp era. Having Bale and Modric explode before our eyes is hardly something that's expectedly repeatable - and even with that, the heights of that era paled in comparison to the last few seasons before this. I'd rather see this club losing CL finals than win a poxy League Cup.

Option C, your free spending ownership group fantasy, doesn't exist.

Except option A is not the plan that they have adopted at all. They have not come close to building responsibly and have repeatedly refused to build when necessary.

They are more of an option D:

Spend just enough to keep the team relevant, pocket a ton of cash, maximize the stadium not for the Football club but for their own revenues. Do not use those revenues to finance the improvement of the football club.

Liverpool didn't need their owners to spend money like fanboys. Leicester didn't have their owner spend money like a fanboy, Wolves haven't spent like fanboys to get ahead of us.

There is a massive gap between spending like Oil Sheiks and not spending a single penny for two straight transfer windows. There is a massive gap in buying Werner, Ziyech, Chillwell (allegedly), Onana (allegedly), Havertz (potentially) and having no viable starting DM's or back-up strikers.

Decisions that leave your club woefully short at key positions has nothing to do with responsible building at all.

Back
Top Bottom