Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which begs the question of why did he agree to join knowing how we operate which isn't a secret in anyone's world.
Along with levy knowing how Jose works it does seem a case of the odd couple, with the virus taking effect on finances, I don't think he will get much chance to complain about targets.
Maybe Jose decided to join us to prove that he can be successful at a club that doesn't throw money around, after all look what he did at Porto I wouldn't say they were bigger than us.
Could be, you could definitely say his best days were with the smaller clubs, Inter/Porto/Chelsea as opposed to Madrid and Man Ure. For the money spent at Man Ure it was an extremely underwhelming time.

Then you get the whole "sliding doors" thing. If Tim Howard had made the save that would have eliminated Porto what then? Would he have gone to the Chavs? If he had stayed at Porto and their top players all left, would he have been able to rebuild them.

There's no doubt things went for Jose early on, fair play he made the most of the breaks, but Spurs isn't a club like any other he has managed.

Said it before, only player in that awful league worth chasing (maybe now Hagi is at Rangers he'll develop into a top player in a year or two).

Would be a far better bet than Dembele at Lyon.

Agreed. He's such a good talent.

Probably the best player to play in the SPL since Larsson.

Would push Kane, that's for sure. Good enough to be bringing on every match.

4 years older than Parrott and 4.5 years younger than Kane. Would bridge the gap between the two nicely (theoretically).
Offer them Parrott on a 1-2 season long loan. Getting Parrott up there to develop would be good for him.

There's a maturity to him, he looks more like a 26 year old that has played at the ig level than a 22 year old plying his trade in a nothing league.
Step up to the EPL obviously, but I think he is a much better all round player than Moussa Dembele when he was at Celtic. Doesn’t have his physical prowess but he is a real talent.
I think Celtic are basically going to offer him what he wants to stay on next season to help them try to reach 10 in a row then let him leave.
They sold Dembele for £20M, I think Edouard will cost a bit more than that, when he leaves Celtic.
Equally at home down the centre or playing off the left.
His potential is frightening, comes across as very level headed also.

sk9q1ej6f3251.jpg

Morning cunts, after self distancing from TFC for a month or so i am back for more pain and abuse.

Couple of questions since i have been away:

Is Sammy still banned?

When will Lamela make his debut?

What number shirt is Bale going to claim?

166-1669073_nervous-clipart-panic-disorder-cartoon-stressed-person-png.png

Icardi on a permanent to PSG is now done, and this might set the pace for how transfer finances will look for the next few window.

The agreed fee to make the move permanent when he went on loan was 70 mil, but it was negotiated down to 50 + 8 mil in bonuses. So do not be surprised if there are more deals that go for around 25 % less than they usually would.

Icardi on a permanent to PSG is now done, and this might set the pace for how transfer finances will look for the next few window.

The agreed fee to make the move permanent when he went on loan was 70 mil, but it was negotiated down to 50 + 8 mil in bonuses. So do not be surprised if there are more deals that go for around 25 % less than they usually would.
Don't know how much will change, rich clubs will still buy big, poor clubs will still scurry about looking for cheap bargains and stingy bastards will still be stingy bastards.

Could be, you could definitely say his best days were with the smaller clubs, Inter/Porto/Chelsea as opposed to Madrid and Man Ure. For the money spent at Man Ure it was an extremely underwhelming time.

Then you get the whole "sliding doors" thing. If Tim Howard had made the save that would have eliminated Porto what then? Would he have gone to the Chavs? If he had stayed at Porto and their top players all left, would he have been able to rebuild them.

There's no doubt things went for Jose early on, fair play he made the most of the breaks, but Spurs isn't a club like any other he has managed.

He would of come to us. A deal was all ready to do then.

Very good post about Hojbjerg from Totti Totti .

I think he is a DM. He just plays as a box to box because that's the way his team uses the midfield (classic 4-4-2). In a more defensive role we could get the best of him.

Wrong! Højbjerg is best when he gets to participate in the attacking play. His heart lies in the number 8 position and you get the best out of people when you let them do what they love the best. But Højbjerg works so hard that he can cover for a DM too. But don't tie him on a 20 yard leash outside his own team's box. You won't get the best of him that way.

Back
Top Bottom