POCH BACK

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you now trade Poch for Mourinho

• Take Poch back

Votes: 72 45.9%
  • Keep faith with Mourinho

Votes: 85 54.1%

• Total voters
What's 'success' - is getting to a CL final not successful enough for you? We lost the final because after 30 secs some clown stuck his hand up in the pen box and the opposite cheated by kicking the ball at his hand to take advantage of a ludicrous law. There are a million and one things that could have happened but did or didn't - thats life, you win some and lose some. It's not failure.

What follows then is half of season of understandable anti-climax from players who had given their all and a bunch of self-righteous fans who 'demand' silverware because somehow they need it to feel good about their lives and so we sack our best manager since Bill Nick - someone who should (and would) have built a dynasty like Wenger or Ferguson.

The day we sacked him this club lost a small part of its identity as it drifts towards becoming just another corporate money-sucking machine - 50 years a fan and Ive never been more ashamed of the club. And half the fans cheered his sacking.

Absolutely beautiful.

People just expect instant gratification. Maybe this Covid19 situation will change attitudes in how we follow the club, as well as all areas of life.

We bought in Sessengon, Ndombele and GLC the window before he got sacked.
To little to late. Did they have time to settle? They were also signed late in the transfer window ( a favourite Levy trick) so they had no pre season. Before they recovered from injury he was out the door....

We could get to 100 champions league finals but if we lose them all, then unfortunately it means fuck all, second place is just the first loser, and until we see that as a club and as supporters then nothing is going to change. I think thats half the trouble with us, we see coming second as successful and feel we should all be happy just for getting to a final, i want the club and the team and the fans to think losing a final is a disaster, that is a winners mentality and as a club its something we lack.

Edit - and regarding the penalty, if we had scored in the first minute do you think we would have gone on to win? I dont think we would have done, had we made it 1-1 in the second half then i think we would have gone on to win.

I see your point, of course I do - but ultimately we'll have to agree to disagree
Getting to the CL final was beyond our wildest dreams 5 years ago, but now getting tp the final is 'failure' and we're all losers...
Nope, not for me mate - there's much more to life (and more to football even) than winning trophies.
Integrity, style, passion - if all you want is trophies go support etc etc

Edit - sorry, not meant as a personal insult to you FNM!

To little to late. Did they have time to settle? They were also signed late in the transfer window ( a favourite Levy trick) so they had no pre season. Before they recovered from injury he was out the door....
I was one of Pochs biggest fans , don't get me wrong, but look at the players Jose signed and they were starting the next available game so how much time does a player need before he can start?

Want to know the irony....The man was simply burned out he was tired. He just need a break from football...which is utterly unintentionally what the whole world got. In another more far sighted emotional world we got Chris Hughton to mind the shop and he simply took a sabbatical. Had we started better the Corona virus would have still seen him in the job. I'll always love the bloke dont care.

He had us playing the best football I’ve ever seen us play. He’s a legend and I’ll always love him, but there was no way he could have carried on. The players weren’t playing for him, we were in awful form for a year, it wasn’t just a patch

What's 'success' - is getting to a CL final not successful enough for you? We lost the final because after 30 secs some clown stuck his hand up in the pen box and the opposite cheated by kicking the ball at his hand to take advantage of a ludicrous law. There are a million and one things that could have happened but did or didn't - thats life, you win some and lose some. It's not failure.

What follows then is half of season of understandable anti-climax from players who had given their all and a bunch of self-righteous fans who 'demand' silverware because somehow they need it to feel good about their lives and so we sack our best manager since Bill Nick - someone who should (and would) have built a dynasty like Wenger or Ferguson.

The day we sacked him this club lost a small part of its identity as it drifts towards becoming just another corporate money-sucking machine - 50 years a fan and Ive never been more ashamed of the club. And half the fans cheered his sacking.

It's a sick joke that the likes of John Thomas John Thomas feel vindicated by this post.

Bitched throughout the whole journey like an entitled child; perpetrating lies in the name of wanting more money spent. Actively encourages the idea us of being a sports-washing tool for some arab state or another.

Sucks Levy's cock for 5 mins when we buy Ndombele then resumes the fake news narrative.

Ndombele had a pre-season.

Ndombele had a pre-season.
Eating pies. The point I was making was a about Levy's general last minute.com attitude for signings. Alex Ferguson said you can ways judge the organisation of a club by the way they act in the transfer market. Well run clubs get there business done earlier and by players in positions that are needed. Poorly run clubs leave everything to the last minute.

Poch was let down again and again by Levy in the transfer market. That's why he lost the squad. You have to keep reinventing your team in order to keep the drive with players. Poch was not allowed to do that.

It's a sick joke that the likes of John Thomas John Thomas feel vindicated by this post.

Bitched throughout the whole journey like an entitled child; perpetrating lies in the name of wanting more money spent. Actively encourages the idea us of being a sports-washing tool for some arab state or another.

Sucks Levy's Dad's cock for 5 mins when we buy Ndombele then resumes the fake news narrative.
In case you weren't aware, guys, Airfixx Airfixx is not my biggest fan on here

Last edited:
We still had 90m to win that CL final against a Liverpool that failed to show up.

Genuine question... Why do you think we underperformed in all the finals we played under Poch?
Well in that particular case, insisting an unfit Harry played rather than an " on a roll " Moura didn't really help. The 2nd paragraph, I simply have no answer. Lots of conjecture but nothing I can really get behind.

We still had 90m to win that CL final against a Liverpool that failed to show up.

Genuine question... Why do you think we underperformed in all the finals we played under Poch?

And it's a good question Airfixx - because we certainly did underperform - and maybe Poch had/has things to learn about finals but narrowly losing football matches (against teams that shut up shop) is what happens in life, you don't sack a guy with 5 years of continuous improvement because of a bad patch.

Yes, there's an argument about how long 'bad patches' can last.... but me, I'd rather THFC were too loyal to their managers than disloyal. When people say "there's no loyalty" in the game anymore, well, as a club you reap what you sow. I'd rather show loyalty to players like Dele and Winks and have them with us for their career, than spend £100m every summer buying mercenaries. Just my opinion

Not anybody's fan as far as I can see......except his own!!!!!!

Why the fuck's your butt sore?????

Fan of plenty.... Just not those that constantly shit-talk the club. Esp. when they're lying or ill-informed.

Last edited:
29 pages and people still think the sacking, of you can call not going to work but still getting full (huge) pay, a sacking, wasn't unavoidable.

He didn't get sacked because he didn't win the champions league.
He got sacked because he, as much as levy, fucked up chances to renew the squad window after window. He got sacked because in January 2019 we were in a title race and by May, we barely scraped 4th.
He got sacked because he lost interest even before the CL final and continued to show a lack of interest to the point he clearly wanted out.

There is no debate to be had here. If you think anything else you're ever so deluded.

Back
Top Bottom