Toro Rosso Leipzig vs Tottenham Hotspur (10/3/20) (20:00 ko)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think poch is spoken about to much on here but this is how I feel.

As football fans we demand loyalty. We drove Judas to madness due to a lack of loyalty.

And yet we turn on the man who got us through to a european cup final , a man who after two decades of hurt got us finishing above the scum. Did he make mistakes ? Yes and by the end he looked like he had enough but levy should have noted that it was just as much his fault and supported him.
I think we as fans have every right to speak about Pochettino. Why should we just brush under the carpet one of the worst decisions in the last decade made by the club, one that could genuinely fuck us over for years to come? Gross incompetence by people in charge of an organization should not be ignored because it’s ‘in the past’. If people adopted that attitude to everything in life no one would ever be held accountable to anything. Why should it be any different for people in charge of a football club?

Then why when I mentioned that the last time Dier played in CM we were 2-0 down in 20 minutes did you respond by telling me about Ndombele against Bayern?

You're full of shit.

PS
Just watching the HT and second half now. Just saw replay of first goal. Dier didn't clear it, just blocked. My bad. Wasn't his fault. Wasn't Ndomeble's either.
I thought that Ndombele had a great game tonight, played in his chosen position.

Excellent for the first 10mins, goal scored against the run of play but since then they grew in confidence.

Leipzig have been absolutely brilliant in defence, they've dealt with everything we gave them, whilst we have been appalling defensively. With both of their goals scored by deep untracked runs through midfield and attacks built out wide.

They look like they are going to score every time they attack,

Would help if the ref did something about their tactical fouls they are sharing around the team, it's gone completly unnoticed.

We are ultimately paying the price of playing for a 0-0 in the first half.
Spot on.

I think we as fans have every right to speak about Pochettino. Why should we just brush under the carpet one of the worst decisions in the last decade made by the club, one that could genuinely fuck us over for years to come? Gross incompetence by people in charge of an organization should not be ignored because it’s ‘in the past’. If people adopted that attitude to everything in life no one would ever be held accountable to anything. Why should it be any different for people in charge of a football club?

I think we all argue about it too much that's all. His gone, it broke my heart but his gone and I reckon his got his next job lined up.

Actually he was really trying.
Which makes it all the worse. In his defence, there was a huge amount of foul play from the first minute that the ref just let go and set the tempo. He's not been good since the new manager bounce ended and actually should be one of the players that becomes the leader.

Probably looking at a 2-0 / 3-1 loss, but...
giphy.gif

I agree but would Poch be doing any better ? In the end he looked like he needed a break from Levy.

If we don't replace the entire scouting set up and get it into our chairman's stubborn head that the recruitment policy hasn't worked for some time and needs a complete rethink , top to bottom, it doesn't matter who our manager is.

Or else what? we go for a change of tack, get someone like Eddie Howe in? Fuck about in the summer till near the end and then bring in not-ready-to-go players in non-priority positions? Watch a pointless pre-season friendly in Kansas in which a couple of academy players do OK and then post "The future's bright..."?
DOF Bill?

Mou has taken his poisonous personality and infected the club with it. Even in subtle ways like asking Delle if it was his brother playing instead of him or when Son scored the winner at Villa and Mou asked him about the others he missed. I know it was said in jest but it’s the little things like that that stick. The aura of negativity must be so exhausting on the players.
Shutup you snowflake

Dele saying the mentality wasn't strong enough. That is fucking worrying when players come out with that stuff. Bad attitude is more infectious than COVID 19.
What are you on about! Comparing Dele Alli interview to COVID19 who has killed thousands.

It's only football, it's only a game where money is the main thing for club owners and players. That is that. The game is over, we lost and we are out of the CL this season. How many times have we on the CL? We were in the final last season with a lot of luck and players embraced it.

If we don't replace the entire scouting set up and get it into our chairman's stubborn head that the recruitment policy hasn't worked for some time and needs a complete rethink , top to bottom, it doesn't matter who our manager is.

Or else what? we go for a change of tack, get someone like Eddie Howe in? Fuck about in the summer till near the end and then bring in not-ready-to-go players in non-priority positions? Watch a pointless pre-season friendly in Kansas in which a couple of academy players do OK and then post "The future's bright..."?
The scouting set up does their job and submits the list to the chairman, who then........

Nice to see people getting behind the new man and the team when the going has gotten a wee bit tough.

I mean it was all brilliant before he arrived. You must remember how great it was all going when the last guy got the fucking sack.
This is just as bad if not worse, thanthe football we saw towards the end of pochs reign, which despite what he had done for us before, got him (rightly) sacked. What reason is Jose giving me to get behind him ? I’m seeing a tactically inept manager, who clearly has no idea how to in-still confidence in the modern day footballer

I agree but would Poch be doing any better ? In the end he looked like he needed a break from Levy.

Of course we wouldn't be doing better.

We were doing worse with Kane and Son healthy when he was here.

The problems run much deeper than just the manager.

We need to swap out half the starting XI to get back to where we were 3 seasons ago.

Mou has taken his poisonous personality and infected the club with it. Even in subtle ways like asking Delle if it was his brother playing instead of him or when Son scored the winner at Villa and Mou asked him about the others he missed. I know it was said in jest but it’s the little things like that that stick. The aura of negativity must be so exhausting on the players.

You forgot describing the team without son/kane as a gun without bullets. I spose he thought that would make them play better, all he was doing and all he had ever cared about is himself. Why does he keep banging on about recovering 12 points. Mate your 7 points behind now. Losing to every shit cunt team down the bottom. Shut the fuck up. 80th minute sub making 5 at the back playing has-been cunt. Even more furious when they put the paddy power ad on.

Back
Top Bottom