Toro Rosso Leipzig vs Tottenham Hotspur (10/3/20) (20:00 ko)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion but for the betterment of the season, it may be more advantageous to lose this game. Looking at our remaining EPL games, they all look tough on paper. There is no way we are going to win this competition so is it better to go out now vs the semis for instance?

fucking listen to what you are sayin. You pathetic miserable loser. no wonder we are a soft touch and easy to beat with fucking fans like you. Fuck off

fucking listen to what you are sayin. You pathetic miserable loser. no wonder we are a soft touch and easy to beat with fucking fans like you. Fuck off

Well he’s got a point though hasn’t he ? If this team/club proved to the fans for once in their lives that they were capable of getting it over the line instead of consistently bottling it when it matters, just maybe spurs suooorters would be a bit more optimistic ? It’s not being a bad fan, it’s being realistic. Spurs have let the supporters down for years. We bottle semi finals. We bottle finals. Intact, Spurs just about bottle anything remotely trophy related and never achieve anything. So if he’s telling you he doesn’t believe we have a chance of winning the CL, it’s a pretty realistic assessment. Unless you think this dogshit defence of a team with no strikers actually have a chance ? If so, I think you need you’re head testing

They’ll start panicking for what reason exactly? Because they didn’t put 2-3 goals past our shit defence?

Pure delusion mate. If Spurs fans honestly think we are going to not concede then they need their heads testing. This defence couldn’t keep a clean sheet if it tried and we couldn’t score in a brothel. We literally have nothing positive in this team right now that suggests we will get a result. Just come to terms that we are out of this competition, just maybe you won’t be so annoyed come Tuesday. I’m already thinking of next season, this season is over and will all be confirmed by Tuesday when Leipzig knock us out.

Pure delusion mate. If Spurs fans honestly think we are going to not concede then they need their heads testing. This defence couldn’t keep a clean sheet if it tried and we couldn’t score in a brothel. We literally have nothing positive in this team right now that suggests we will get a result. Just come to terms that we are out of this competition, just maybe you won’t be so annoyed come Tuesday. I’m already thinking of next season, this season is over and will all be confirmed by Tuesday when Leipzig knock us out.
I’ll keep hoping mate. It isn’t over until the final whistle and like I said in another thread I really hope this game can be a changer in the mindset that could benefit us in the longer term. We need the boys to put in a serious performance and Mourinho to have some balls and set us up to attack from the first minute.

I’ll keep hoping mate. It isn’t over until the final whistle and like I said in another thread I really hope this game can be a changer in the mindset that could benefit us in the longer term. We need the boys to put in a serious performance and Mourinho to have some balls and set us up to attack from the first minute.

Fair play mate. I have given up hope this season now mate, will save me the anger and disappointment when it inevitably goes tits up

Controversial I know but I’d go for:

Lloris
Tanganga Dier Sanchez
Gedson Winks GLC Sessegnon
Lamela Parrott Moura

Gazzaniga
Davies
Alderweireld
Skipp
NDombele
Alli
Bergwijn

starting Parrott will give us shape but bringing on Alli might be more impactful. Likewise Bergwijn and NDombele offer something from the bench (notwithstanding the latter’s current fitness travails)

Well he’s got a point though hasn’t he ? If this team/club proved to the fans for once in their lives that they were capable of getting it over the line instead of consistently bottling it when it matters, just maybe spurs suooorters would be a bit more optimistic ? It’s not being a bad fan, it’s being realistic. Spurs have let the supporters down for years. We bottle semi finals. We bottle finals. Intact, Spurs just about bottle anything remotely trophy related and never achieve anything. So if he’s telling you he doesn’t believe we have a chance of winning the CL, it’s a pretty realistic assessment. Unless you think this dogshit defence of a team with no strikers actually have a chance ? If so, I think you need you’re head testing

that’s what being a fucking fan is though. The very essence of it. Even when there playing shit you have to believe. Fans are just as responsible for a teams success along with the players. Belief is everything. If the fans believe then it’ll make the players believe. we are all in this together. Enough of the shitty attitude

Sounds good yeah let’s just give up

Most of our depth Is clearly at CB isn't it. Why are people surprised to see us utilise rotation options not just in defence but throughout the team by packing them in too relieve a bit of fatigue?

1 natural RB, a natural LB who got ruled out the other day, a potential backup LB in Sessegnon in and out of fitness, a youth Lb in Cirkin wearing a protective boot, a knackered Winks, a nonchalant Tanguy, a crocked Sissoko, a sold Wanyama, a 19 year old Skipp who played 2 hours solid a couple of days before, Dele flat out minutes wise despite a lack of apparent form, Lucas and Bergwijn saying they feel close to getting injured, Lamela being able to only muster 20 minutes here, 30 minutes there and doing so with no training before games, Sonny and Kane ruled out for the foreseeable and then look our CBs.... so much depth that even in times of injury crisis we don't need Foyth to make the bench and are oblivious when he's actually out injured.

We need to be so careful and streetwise in how to manage the creative ones. It really pisses me off when supporters take cheap shots at our circumstances. Really sad that the club and its fans seem to be losing that bond.

Toby, Davinson, Japhet, Dier and Jan all seem fit and able....more depth twice over than any other area of our squad so please don't be surprised to see if we have apparently gone 'defensive' during such occasions, it's really tiresome trying to explain what people should know and see.
It's a good point.

I don't mind those players playing but it's the way we utilise them that irks me.

Jan is arguable more attacking than Davies at LB, certainly puts more crosses in. No one to head them though.

Dier could be utilised in midfield where we are short. Tanganga was OK as a back up RB.

The issue I have is not playing CBs, it's the mentality that we go into games which is defensive. You might argue that's natural playing that many CBs but I've mentioned above some of these players can help us offensively.

Anyhow, I still think a back 4 is best for us.

I'm pretty sure we'll concede an early goal.
We need to score at least twice anyway. I wonder who it will be. My money's on Lucas and possibly someone else. Just hope they don't get two goals (but I fear they might).

I am in full Amsterdam-half-time mode

My attitude to this game is "it takes three minutes to score three goals"(that's how many we will probably need )

I want savour this game, as I don' know when the next CL game will be

just wanted to say. Being negative at this current time absolutely shouldn't be mocked. We are currently playing awful football, conceding LOTS and without our best players going forward. In what world would you logically expect positivity and optimism. Of course we are most likely to lose the away tie, and struggle in the league unless there is a massive change.

Controversial I know but I’d go for:

Lloris
Tanganga Dier Sanchez
Gedson Winks GLC Sessegnon
Lamela Parrott Moura

Gazzaniga
Davies
Alderweireld
Skipp
NDombele
Alli
Bergwijn

starting Parrott will give us shape but bringing on Alli might be more impactful. Likewise Bergwijn and NDombele offer something from the bench (notwithstanding the latter’s current fitness travails)

Back
Top Bottom