Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dude he don't need any help man. He's doing an excellent job of it himself .

I've got no issues with Mourinho as things stand. I said the moment Son got injured to expect big issues now and those that haven't have and will set themselves up for a miserable, agitated fall at the detriment of the support they could and should give the club.

We all want wins, all want success but try having a thumb war with no thumbs brother, I doubt you'll get the outcome you want given the circumstances.

What Jose stans don’t get; Its not necessarily about the results... it’s about the blueprint being laid for the future. Results were all over the shop with Poch in year 1 but he gave reason to believe in his blueprint. Same with Redknapp in year 1. Ditto Jol.

what is Jose giving us beyond the blind hope that he was last a dominant force in The Blackberry era?

The problem is the squad we have is fundamentally broken, and we cannot expect a team this disjointed and mismatched to challenge for any kind of trophy.

I was all ready to praise him to high heavens whilst watching the first half against Wolves and the first 20mins last night I really liked. But it's so hard to get enthused when we then end up being so shit for the rest of it.

We did play well in that opening period against Wolves.

Personally, I've come to the conclusion that our players only have about 30-40 minutes of play in their legs. That second half last night, they were stationary (until the last 15). They're being told not to run, unless absolutely necessary. No pressing. No chasing down long balls. Nothing. Let the opposition play around us and we'll sit dip and try and deal with it there.

Whether or not that is the correct approach is simply impossible for any of us to know. It's fucking shit to watch, but if our players genuinely can't manage more in a game, what can we actually do?

Sorry mate, I don't agree. Dele hardly gets a rest, Parrott should be as fresh as anything and how better to hit home to a kid that he isn't ready for a level that he's been itching to play at than to say what was true based on the 30 minutes we saw?

I don't see it as shocking or knocking. I would hope I Parrott is made of the good stuff he will take what's been said on board and start pulling his socks up in those u18 & u23 games he has apparently been showing a lack of respect to. He wants first team football, go and show the manager that he's wrong in his conclusions so far. If not why not humble him inna way Jose sees fit to? He's the boss

Take your self out of the situation. Imagine a manager had brought on an 18 year old for half hour at the end of a game when the team is playing rubbish negative football and he doesnt do much but far from disgraced himself. Then the manager publically says , told you he was rubbish. That's absolutely shocking management. Awful.

And for what its worth I was at the under 23 game on Monday and parrott was another level. The only thing he disrespected was wolves because he destroyed them.

I've got no issues with Mourinho as things stand. I said the moment Son got injured to expect big issues now and those that haven't have and will set themselves up for a miserable, agitated fall at the detriment of the support they could and should give the club.

We all want wins, all want success but try having a thumb war with no thumbs brother, I doubt you'll get the outcome you want given the circumstances.
But the football brother, it hurts so much .
I'll rather spend my money in Dawson City's Big Betty's whorehouse , it ain't pretty but sure does satisfy.

What Jose stans don’t get; Its not necessarily about the results... it’s about the blueprint being laid for the future. Results were all over the shop with Poch in year 1 but he gave reason to believe in his blueprint. Same with Redknapp in year 1. Ditto Jol.

what is Jose giving us beyond the blind hope that he was last a dominant force in The Blackberry era?

He's given very little, but I can't ignore how awful our midfield is with the players he has at his disposal.

Our ability to control the midfield has been a problem for 12 months now. We get bossed in this area everytime we play a quality opponent, which is why our results against the top 4 have been so awful over the past year.

Simply put, Winks, Dier, Skipp, Sissoko, Ndombele aren't good enough. None of them start or see much game time for anyone else in the top 6.

Poch couldn't compensate for our squad's shortcomings in that area, and Jose has found it equally hard. Without much better players, the results will not improve.

As someone who has yet to criticise him here, I have to say I am browned off and concerned by what's been coming out of his mouth in recent times.
I just don't get the rationale behind it. I only see it creating negativity. Negativity in the fanbase. The press love the negativity and feed off of it. How does it address how we play, what's the mood like pre-game in the dressing room, are they up for it, do they believe 100% certainty they can win or even compete? Those that are playing instead of Kane and Son, how do they feel?

He's been a pst master at building a siege mentality, but to achieve this you have to take the fans as well as the player with you. He just ain't.

He wasn't impressed.

The point is this plays directly into the hands of fans who don't like to hear this. He said the same about Rashford and Martial, it started a war in the Utd fanbase.

Whether you agree or disagree he's now just chucked a hand grenade into the Spurs fanbase and it's about to kick off. A divide is forming and we are just 3 months into his time here.

He has the power, the charisma to handle this in a way that is boring, that doesn't explode. Someone above posted about the toxic fanbase, welcome to the beginning of a #in/#out fanbase. A scab the press can pick at to their heart's content, whether it's real or not, the flames are being fanned, the knives are being sharpened, it's the perfect clickbait.

Ok, what did you see from Troy Parrott last night to make you think he’s ready to be a first team regular? Better yet, what have you seen from him this season to make you think that?

We’re playing more through midfield now. Having said that, even I can’t defend the sitting back after scoring. Surely he must see that playing without the ball is more tiring than just passing it about?

I am not saying we will just kick it long every time, but the plan will be the same. Let them have it for the majority and catch them out.

i agree. Watching the games under him, I laugh at the logic that defending for 75 minutes is more efficient the quick sprints to win the ball back and keep possession.

Take your self out of the situation. Imagine a manager had brought on an 18 year old for half hour at the end of a game when the team is playing rubbish negative football and he doesnt do much but far from disgraced himself. Then the manager publically says , told you he was rubbish. That's absolutely shocking management. Awful.

And for what its worth I was at the under 23 game on Monday and parrott was another level. The only thing he disrespected was wolves because he destroyed them.

I trust that Mourinho knows Parrotts character more than we do. It's speculative to say that his words will have a negative reaction to Troy's makeup. Maybe he needed a little grounding, maybe this will bring the lad back down to the reality of what he faces to become a better player we honestly don't know. Some rise, some crumble, we don't know the reasons or what goes on behind the scenes.

Ok, what did you see from Troy Parrott last night to make you think he’s ready to be a first team regular? Better yet, what have you seen from him this season to make you think that?

Let me give you an answer the from the other side of the debate. I dont think parrott is emotionally ready for premier league football. I trust jose on that. Talent wise I've seen him live a few times and he is the real deal make no mistake.

The point is some fans see jose moaning again and again about having no striker. So they see this kid getting rave reviews and obviously think why not him?

Jose doesnt like being questioned so throws him on for 30 minutes and because he doesnt set the world alight uses it to publically insult him just to make a point. That's totally unacceptable.

His 18 he should be protecting him not losing his temper and playing him out of spite so he can tell fans I told you so.

I trust that Mourinho knows Parrotts character more than we do. It's speculative to say that his words will have a negative reaction to Troy's makeup. Maybe he needed a little grounding, maybe this will bring the lad back down to the reality of what he faces to become a better player we honestly don't know. Some rise, some crumble, we don't know the reasons or what goes on behind the scenes.

Sorry mate I just totally disagree here, see my answer to green man.

Let me give you an answer the from the other side of the debate. I dont think parrott is emotionally ready for premier league football. I trust jose on that. Talent wise I've seen him live a few times and he is the real deal make no mistake.

The point is some fans see jose moaning again and again about having no striker. So they see this kid getting rave reviews and obviously think why not him?

Jose doesnt like being questioned so throws him on for 30 minutes and because he doesnt set the world alight uses it to publically insult him just to make a point. That's totally unacceptable.

His 18 he should be protecting him not losing his temper and playing him out of spite so he can tell fans I told you so.

When did Jose lose his temper? All I heard is him saying that the penalty wasn't the issue, it was the 30 minutes of football shown by a footballer who apparently has been showing dismay at playing u23 football, a level that his behaviour demonstrates that he feel is beneath him. A little grounding can do people good, it depends if you see it as brow beating or honest assessment of the situation.

Back
Top Bottom