Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ha ha the amount of toilet being propagated in this thread.

"I noticed how the ball stopped sticking when he went off"

"He may be our ace in the pack"

Jesus wept, hes crap, worse than crap hes pathetic. Too lazy to even celebrate the first goal.

DIE.

I thought it noticable that when Ade went off the ball stopped sticking up front. In part leading to the nerve shredding finish.

Thats neither blaming Defoe or saying Ade was brilliant, its simply the difference between the two players.

I thought Adebayor covered a lot of ground, closed down well and made some very smart runs. I dont think he was brilliant by any stretch, but I do think a lot of the criticism is undeserved.

He isnt hitting the heights of last season, thats undisputed, and that is incredibly disappointing. However, I dont think he is *as bad* as is often made out.

I also think, in the grander scheme of things, his game works for this team more than Defoes does

Even without the ball Ade's movement is more consistent and of a higher quality than Defoe's.

That said, with his finishing rate so far and with a few glaring misses in mind (last week, ahem), it's highly debatable that he is a better striker than Defoe for us.

I imagine that Éperons Éperons may have some stats to either back this up or debunk it.

I think it depends on what you are looking for in a striker. Is it just goals, or more besides?

I certainly cant argue Ade is in form or anything like it, and believe he REALLY needs to get some goals and soon.

That said, I still think he has an influence on our forward play and the way we advance the ball.

No, no stats on Ade vs. Defoe for me. Something like passing statistics in the final third (or maybe tackles?) might help, but on both the sample size per match is so small that it's probably not going to be terribly useful, and season-long stats have to be compiled by hand. Someday TFC will spring for the Optasuite on the site, but they need to sell a few more t-shirts beforehand.

That said, nerves, etc., made a good analysis of Ade's performance tricky for me—plus, it's hard to see what a striker is doing on TV if he's not scoring goals. Still, Hansen's package on Spurs' beating the offside trap on MOTD2 shows that Adebayor was involved in several attempts to break the back line. Fact is, he's in the picture enough that Vermaelen has to pay attention to him, which means you have one CB tracking the striker, one holding the line, and no one on Bale (or Lennon), who runs in behind.

Adebayor had a role in both goals in messing up the CBs' plans. And he was also involved in a lot of the early testing, even when we weren't "arsking" questions.

But people are going to insist on Ade vs. JD, and JD's hustle to pick up Bale's pass to lead to Gylfi's near goal is much nicer bit of highlight material than watching Ade clown Vermaelen.

Éperons Éperons makes a really good point here about how Ade is basically pulling the scum defenders all over the shop, and how people will likely not have seen that but will focus on Defoe's pretty pass to Siggy.....

Adebayor had a role in both goals in messing up the CBs' plans. And he was also involved in a lot of the early testing, even when we weren't "arsking" questions.

But people are going to insist on Ade vs. JD, and JD's hustle to pick up Bale's pass to lead to Gylfi's near goal is much nicer bit of highlight material than watching Ade clown Vermaelen.
And then right on cue our resident one dimensional negotron is on cue to basically prove Eperons point for him....
Fucking hell, Defoe did more in his first three minutes on the pitch than adebayor did all game.
Well done Carlito, Well done indeed.
Applause.gif

Éperons Éperons makes a really good point here about how Ade is basically pulling the scum defenders all over the shop
Thanks, but I was a bit wrong about the second goal, maybe…

On the second goal, Ade isn't threatening to break the trap, so his contribution is even less obvious. But as Parker is moving up, both Bale and Ade back off, meaning that the line relaxes for a second, leading Lennon to exploit the fuck out of Vermaelen's blind side. So it's still involved, but not in the same way. Considering the goals are so similar, I thought it might have sounded like Ade was doing the same thing for both, and he certainly was not.

Apart from Bales goal where he trotted in front of him and didnt really take anyone with him I cant think of an example of that.

He took Vermalen with him for the first goal, as has already been pointed out to you. I always thought that Avatar was from a film. But now I'm beginning to think it's a photo of you and you have a nice white stick to go with those super cool dark glasses.

Nah he didnt.

balegoalafc.gif

DELUSIONAL

Fuck this is like when the Velociraptors in Jurassic Park learned to open doors.

Carlito has learned to use gifs.

You need to watch where Vermalen is headed, he is clearly set up to follow and track the run of Adebayor look at his legs, this is why he nearly does the splits. He was going to go with him. The seeds of confusion were sewn in his silly little head and he didn't know what to do. In the end he was just fucked.

Back
Top Bottom