Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

“Doesn’t have the tools”
What tools does Lampard have ffs? He inherited a shit side and has played some academy players, that’s all. Barkley, Mount, James, Azpilicueta, Alonso, Rudiger just to name a few. Fucking no names. Yet they outclassed us twice. Fucking pathetic.

Even after today. Mourinho has amassed 26 points from 15 league games as against 18 points from 15 league games that Fat Frank has amassed over that period.

Chavs are fairly shit as are we.

A question to the frothing lynch mob who wanted Pocchetino sacked.

We've now suffered the humiliation of a Frank Lampard double in his first season of PL management.

Is this because he's a better manager than Jose?

Or is it because he doesn't have the tools to beat Lampards shower.

Gotta be one or the other.

If it's the former, will you all hold your hands up and admit you made complete fools of yourselves.

If it's the latter, maybe you'll be happy to finally admit Poch was magic and worked fucking miracles while being hamstrung by Levy

I presume you have erased the last performance at Stamford Bridge from your memory? When we were utterly pathetic and let in one of the most absurd own goals of all time.

Poch did well over his 5 years, but was it him or was it mostly Dembele that made us really strong? Because ever since Dembele fell out of the starting XI, we have been shit. Under two different managers. There are so many problems beyond the manager, the squad doesn’t have the tools to dominate matches from midfield anymore.

That’s a fair point to be honest.
The sum is less than the whole of the parts, but I need to add I’m not in the Mourinho out camp.
He needs time yet.
He does need time but if you don’t go after a DM then you should be playing the one you have.
It’s costing us.

People have even stopped arguing against me on that now, it’s just at that stage where no one wants to admit Dier should have been given a run of games and integrated by now.

That’s all on Jose. We are exposed every game.....for the simple reason we don’t have defensive midfielder on the pitch.
Put five defenders on.....didn’t help did it

He does need time but if you don’t go after a DM then you should be playing the one you have.
It’s costing us.

People have even stopped arguing against me on that now, it’s just at that stage where no one wants to admit Dier should have been given a run of games and integrated by now.

That’s all on Jose. We are exposed every game.....for the simple reason we don’t have defensive midfielder on the pitch.
So why didn't Jose sign a DM instead of Bergwjin?
Or loan in a DM instead of Fernandes?

So what did he do wrong? A manager can only do so much no?
Like Jose, he didn’t didn’t play the right teams and keeps changing things.

We’ve got some results under Jose in a scenario that Poch was NEVER in.

Poch CHOSE not to use his TWO back up strikers. Jose doesn’t have any, because Poch sold them and bought Ndombele and Sessegnon.

However, if Jose doesn’t have a striker, or Son, we should be playing park the bus.
You can’t park a bus without a DM.

It’s costing us.

What are you on about? Winks is playing as DM.

A number of things went wrong for us today.

First of all the injuries to Son & Kane. With Kane we would have had someone who can hold the ball up and bring in players plus when he's in and around the box he'll take the shot rather than faffing around and being indecisive. Son would have given us someone who runs in behind.

Playing 5 at the back I would have started Sess & Aurier as the WB as they have the pace and energy to get up and down plus they would have helped us overload the midfield. My CBs would then have been Toby, Davo & Tanganga. Also, Dele should have started up top with Bergwijn playing off him. Lucas doesn't have the brains, the ball control or passing to play up top. He could have done a job as an impact sub.

The more you look at the GLC foul the more it looks like a red, we've had a lot worse red card decisions go against us this season including the Mount challenge on Dier (I think) when we played them at home.

We keep laughing at Chelsea, West Ham and all the other teams as we are their cup final and they always raise their games against us. This isn't a secret so our players need to up their effort. To an extent, I can deal with playing badly but I can't deal with players walking around feeling sorry for themselves. GLC, Lamela, Winks & Tanganga are the only fit players who always give everything when playing for us. There may be better players in our team but talent means nothing if you're not willing to put in the work.

I'm still confident on CL football assuming Man City are disqualified. We've got over a week until our next game so plenty of time to rest, reassess and be ready for a good Wolves team.

Edit: Wrong thread. I'll put this in the Match Thread.

Last edited:
We had a tough game mid week. This was going to be hard for us physically. Even taking that into consideration, it was a poor display.

Chelsea is going to get thrashed by Bayern on Tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom