Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I fear we've bought a 60 million flop. Looked good in France, but fuck me he is so lazy. Maybe it's fitness but i've seen nothing from him to suggest that he's suited to the EPL.

Get Dele on for him. Also get Gedson on for Winks, who is so fucking predictable that he brings nothing to our team against the better clubs.

I believe Mourinho must start from scratch. Teach them how to trap and pass a ball. We are failing with the basics. Its as if the ball is a hot potato. For people who get payed such alot to playing with a ball, they do it pretty lousily.

Most of them literally don't even know how to control the football, I have seen better performances from Sunday league teams at times in terms of ball control, it's embarrasing.

Lamela for verthonngen, let’s go 4-3-3, get higher up the pitch and take it to them. These lot are nothing special, we don’t need to be showing them so much respect

Son, Deli & Harry mean too much. The Portuguese bloke needs to demand big money as this lot without the three degrees are borderline top 8 at best.

No wonder Rosey fucked off :roseunsure:

Don't worry, Jose Mourinho, cutting edge football managerial genius will sort this out. If anyone else had been managing us, we'd be 5-0 behind. Bit this is just another Mourinho Masterclass, everything is going to plan.

I fear we've bought a 60 million flop. Looked good in France, but fuck me he is so lazy. Maybe it's fitness but i've seen nothing from him to suggest that he's suited to the EPL.

Get Dele on for him. Also get Gedson on for Winks, who is so fucking predictable that he brings nothing to our team against the better clubs.
It is 100% mental imo

Look at him whenever he loses the ball or gets even the slightest physical contact... goes down like a sack of potatoes.

Needs a complete shift in mentality if he's going to make it here.

Ffs. Stop fucking melting. We played, what...64 hours ago? What did you expect: a 90 minute explosive master class? We don't have the depth for that. Lamela on and we'll have a dynamite last half hour.

You could have messi and Ronaldo up front and these tactics would make them look like shit.

His somehow managed to go even more defensive than Tuesday with a 541. Ok but let's think about this .

Our best hopes are N'dombele and lo celso getting on the ball and creating. So he has N'dombele holding and lo celso out wide.

But the biggest annoyance for me is that chelsea dont have a single bit if pace and yet here we are defending deep, sometimes as a team other times the midfield sort of go but the defence dont push up with them which leaves huge gaps. The result is a negative mind set an ineffectual Lucas sort of out wide to badly attempt to double up on James and a totally isolated striker who isnt a striker in the first place which you would think means that he would get as much support as possible but no.

Be as defensive as possible and even that's clearly been coached badly as we look anything but solid despite having 9 men behind the ball at all times and hope we get the odd chance. What a load of fucking shit.

Please please Tottenham come out aggressive as a unit and play in positions that actually give us a chance to build.

Quite liked our first 10mins, we played high up the pitch and won the ball off them high up the pitch too. With Bergwijn ahead of Lucas meant Bergwijn was bringing Lucas into play.

Then they scored and we’ve been largely outplayed since.

Ndombele is miles off the pace and simply has to come off, I love his on the ball ability but he simply isn’t getting on the ball and is being beaten to the ball by a quicker Chelsea midfield.

Tanganga has a torrid first 20mins but looks to have played himself back in.

Had we not played in CL midweek I’d be wanting us to respond by upping the tempo, I just can’t see us doing that.

Ahead we f the defence, nobody has received or passed the ball more than Ndombele.

Which will only give our owners more excuses to not spend money going forward.

Ffs. Stop fucking melting. We played, what...64 hours ago? What did you expect: a 90 minute explosive master class? We don't have the depth for that. Lamela on and we'll have a dynamite last half hour.

You're not allowed sense like that over here, buddy.

I don't see the point of Winks in this formation. What exactly does he do? We have N'Dombele to carry the ball forward and GLC to pass it around. Logically Winks will have to do more defensive work in this setup, which he does but he's just so physically weak he can't knock anyone off the ball. His only way to defend is to commit fouls and he's already on a yellow ...

Who is in charge of scouting? Why did we spend 50 mill on a player that can't run. I haven't seen his Lyon highlights but surely Ligue 1 can't be that slow.... no chance. It is a very physical league.

Back
Top Bottom