Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Leicester didn’t have the horrendous start that we did

Judge Dele and Jose this time next season

I promise you Leicester will be way below us
Right back where they belong with Rogers at OT
...and what will Dele be doing? I figure since you are prognosticating we might as well get it on record. I predict more of the same but if we have a functioning team maybe a few more goals if Mou persists with him in the 10...which would mean another weak TW because we didn't fill out the squad with competition.

...and what will Dele be doing? I figure since you are prognosticating we might as well get it on record. I predict more of the same but if we have a functioning team maybe a few more goals if Mou persists with him in the 10...which would mean another weak TW because we didn't fill out the squad with competition.
Good point.
If Dele is first choice next season then we have been very poor in our recruiting, and Jose will be fundamentally setting us up wrong

Because even without a summer window, Gedson, Bergwijn, Lamela, Lo Celso, Son, Winks, Sissoko and Moura are all ahead of him.
Thankfully most signs point towards him being phased out.

I’ve never been accused of prognosticating before??

I expect Dele to improve when Harry returns and hopefully gets back to his best despite certain melters on here wishing otherwise

I felt he played ok tonight, sub wise who else could Jose take off ?
not a defender, not winks (as no-one else to play DM role) , not GLC, and we need the 2 pacey guys up front
so any chance Jose makes will normally be Dele unless Dele is scoring goals
Correct. All the BS being spoken about Dele in this thread could be swapped to Lucas, Bergwijn and especially Gedson who was poor last night. Only GLC had a "good" game.
Who came closer to scoring than Dele? Nobody.
Jose took him off because he had run himself into the ground.

Correct. All the BS being spoken about Dele in this thread could be swapped to Lucas, Bergwijn and especially Gedson who was poor last night. Only GLC had a "good" game.
Who came closer to scoring than Dele? Nobody.
Jose took him off because he had run himself into the ground.
Few posters have an anti-Dele agenda - and keep spamming this thread. That's the difference really

I think one of the reasons posters have a go at Dele is because he throws a strop and whinges at his teammates when things don’t go his way more often than any other player on the team. Often you won’t see this on TV but it is evident at the stadium.

You do realise 5 goals and 2 assists in 14 games puts him in the top five AM's in the EPL since December ... yet he's shit and should be sold ... even not at his best he's still ahead of Silva, Maddison, Mount, Deulofeu, Henderson, Moutinho this season all of whom the media tell us are having stellar seasons ....

He's a victim of his own success, a 'poor' Dele is still one of the EPL's best players he's just not as good as a 'good' Dele. So now Dele is being written off at 23 ... crazy harsh

Yes, now generalize it further, put here every single minute of his career with us and... you get even better results! Goal or assist for every 143 minutes. Awesome.

Could not care less about history - in hypotetical terms if I knew (which we ofc never do - cannot see into future) that in next 10 he will not contribute nearly enough then he should not play those games.
With last 10 games where he has been poor his output has been 1 goal/assist for 428 minutes or 1 goal involvement in 5 full games.

P.S adding Henderson and Moutinho to comparison - well, heck. Why stop here. Throw in some CB's and goalies as well... if SS and CM/DM are equal, then why not take it further.

P.P.S I was just pointing out his recent form which HAS been poor. Actually pointed out specifically that I am NOT writing him off nor that we should sell him ASAP....

On totally separate note in his post-match press conference when Mou was asked about Dele's reaction to substituting him out, then Mou thought that "he was mad about his own performance, not because of my decision to sub him out".

Which would make sense and indicate him being passionate about his own performance instead of being moody diva.

You do realise 5 goals and 2 assists in 14 games puts him in the top five AM's in the EPL since December ... yet he's shit and should be sold ... even not at his best he's still ahead of Silva, Maddison, Mount, Deulofeu, Henderson, Moutinho this season all of whom the media tell us are having stellar seasons ....
Apples and oranges, but sadly for instance Henderson is having an much, much better season than Dele Alli.

Maybe he should be our striker until Kane and Son are back.

If he's not scoring from his deeper role then he's not contributing much in build up play at all. So why not just shove him all the way up so he has more chance of scoring and doesn't have to get involved in build up play. Just make good runs off the ball which we know is his big strength and he can just focus on being in the right place at the right time to finish off moves and get us goals.

Do you think Allis bad form is due to Kane beeing injured?

Partially

Lots of reasons

Loss of form
Fitness
Poor coaching under Poch towards the end

I’m just hopeful he will get his mojo back and haven’t thrown him under the bus like some melts have

He might be finished at this level but I hope not as I’m Spurs and want the best for us

Apart from Rose, who is a traitor I hear fans or those who call themselves fans saying support the player.

If Alli had a poor game yesterday and then displayed anger at being subbed, give me that to a player who smiles gleefully at the prospect.

There is a bigger picture than Dele Alli and for now that is Saturday, where I hope the man rises to the challenge.

Partially

Lots of reasons

Loss of form
Fitness
Poor coaching under Poch towards the end

I’m just hopeful he will get his mojo back and haven’t thrown him under the bus like some melts have

He might be finished at this level but I hope not as I’m Spurs and want the best for us
Mojo? Oh god i really hope this is a thing. For now i focus on reality

Apart from Rose, who is a traitor I hear fans or those who call themselves fans saying support the player.

If Alli had a poor game yesterday and then displayed anger at being subbed, give me that to a player who smiles gleefully at the prospect.

There is a bigger picture than Dele Alli and for now that is Saturday, where I hope the man rises to the challenge.

This is all I’m saying

Some would just write him off but imagine the scenes if he scores the winner against the Chavs??

This is all I’m saying

Some would just write him off but imagine the scenes if he scores the winner against the Chavs??

And even if not then.

He is our player. See him run on to the pitch on Sunday when Son scored.

He knows Mourinho rates him and of course he knows when he is not sparking but also believes it will happen at anytime.

The jury is out as to whether he will regain his former star quality but that is secondary to him being a Spurs man.

Back
Top Bottom