Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought it was 2017 where he regressed according to you? Hasn't been the same since then you previously said. You make it up as you go along.
It was 2017.
But he hasn’t improved since he got here 4 years ago, after one season started to be a big headed twat on the decline.
His regression has been peak for 2.5 years, doesn’t mean it didn’t start before then.

He’s in a bad patch for form that’s all. No player is finished at 24 - certainly not one with his ability. It’s almost as if you want him to fail so you can win an Internet fight.
The “patch” has lasted over two seasons.

You wasn’t as sympathetic for Trippiers bad patch. Still finished the season with just three less assists than Dele though.
Poor Dele playing deep under the best manager in the world......
Poor Dele playing AM with crap team mates
Poor injured Dele he hurt his hand
Poor Dele needs game time after being injured.
11 straight games not enough..
Poor Dele playing striker

But yeah, there’s always next year right.

He had a couple of seasons where it hinted he may be world class. He's now had a couple of seasons where he's hinted he may be an average prem player. I don't know the answer, but if managers picked purely on form he'd be struggling to get a start for a top 6 club.

It was 2017.
But he hasn’t improved since he got here 4 years ago, after one season started to be a big headed twat on the decline.
His regression has been peak for 2.5 years, doesn’t mean it didn’t start before then.

He apparently "after one season started to be a big headed twat on the decline" despite his second season being his best season. Yes makes perfect sense.

If you were a reasonable poster that made factual sense then we could have some sort of healthy debate about this but your agenda makes you lie, twist things and flat out contradict yourself.

Last edited:
The “patch” has lasted over two seasons.

You wasn’t as sympathetic for Trippiers bad patch. Still finished the season with just three less assists than Dele though.
Poor Dele playing deep under the best manager in the world......
Poor Dele playing AM with crap team mates
Poor injured Dele he hurt his hand
Poor Dele needs game time after being injured.
11 straight games not enough..
Poor Dele playing striker

But yeah, there’s always next year right.
Not sure what Trippier has to do wiht this - but he’s 30 in a few months and nowhere near his prime

He had a couple of seasons where it hinted he may be world class. He's now had a couple of seasons where he's hinted he may be an average prem player. I don't know the answer, but if managers picked purely on form he'd be struggling to get a start for a top 6 club.

Agree with you. It is a strange one though because when Mourinho took over he had 3-4 games where he looked like he might be getting back to his best. He was playing with real intensity but it is almost like he can’t keep that intensity up whether it be a physical or a mental thing. And so has regressed again. Looks more than a bad run of form to me. Genuinely think it may be time to get some decent money for him before his star falls further. Might also benefit him to move on and have a fresh start elsewhere as well

He apparently "after one season started to be a big headed twat on the decline" despite his second season being his best season. Yes makes perfect sense.

If you were a reasonable poster that made factual sense then we could have some sort of healthy debate about this but your agenda makes you lie, twist things and flat out contradict yourself.
You address all the little things but never the crux.
The fact you don’t have a single issue with me saying he’s been shite since 2017 says it all.

NEVER a post about what Dele has brought to a game, what he offered what he did well, what we lack without him.
NEVER.

All you’ve got is “he scored 7 goals this season”
End of story.

You’re the one with an agenda.
Self preservation is the name of your game....when Dele hits 30, you will still be talking about his 5 assists like he’s fucking Ronaldo.

The fact you don’t have a single issue with me saying he’s been shite since 2017 says it all.

NEVER a post about what Dele has brought to a game, what he offered what he did well, what we lack without him.
NEVER.

End of story.

Self preservation is the name of your game....when Dele hits 30, you will still be talking about his 5 assists like he’s fucking Ronaldo.

Well yesterday he ran about a lot apparently

NEVER.

End of story.

"You address all the little things" what you mean the 'little' things that you were factually wrong on lol?

I have addressed your comments about him being shite since 2017 before so quit chatting shit. Want me to dig those posts up?

"You address all the little things" what you mean the 'little' things that you were factually wrong on lol?

I have addressed your comments about him being shite since 2017 before so quit chatting shit. Want me to dig those posts up?
Can you name every game since august 2017 where he was on the level of his breakthrough season?
I can.
Liverpool 4-1
Real at Wembley
Chelsea 2-0

I think I’m done. I’m sure you will proudly puff out your chest and add two more games though.
Well done for that in advance. Then you can sit back and wonder why it’s five top performances in over 120 games

And that’s not including England

It’s Eriksen all over again.
One twat saying we improved when he went off yet he was a victim of tactics

There is a difference though in that you can see he has been trying. However bring me on and I would try hard. I agree people should stop making excuses. I don’t want a team of players who need everyone else fit before they become effective. Some have been suggesting he will be better when Kane is back etc. I mean I played to a reasonable standard and if I had a bad game and tried to blame it on “Smudger” or “Bazza” not being fit the manager would have kicked me out of his office

mirror.jpg

There is a difference though in that you can see he has been trying. However bring me on and I would try hard. I agree people should stop making excuses. I don’t want a team of players who need everyone else fit before they become effective. Some have been suggesting he will be better when Kane is back etc. I mean I played to a reasonable standard and if I had a bad game and tried to blame it on “Smudger” or “Bazza” not being fit the manager would have kicked me out of his office
It’s pathetic revisionism that people say he needs Kane.
And when Kane is poor, it’s still not Deles fault.....

Dele Alli in first 4 Mourinho games in EPL - 3 goals 2 assists
Dele Alli in last 10 EPL games - 2 goals 0 assists

And yea - he has started every single EPL game under Mourinho so far...
Kind of sad reading to be honest.

Not writing him off nor saying he should be sold ASAP. But with that output he should not be starter. Ofc with current injury situation (Kane, Son, Sissoko long term injuries; Ndombelly unfit and often injured as well) we don't have many options, do we...

Dele Alli in first 4 Mourinho games in EPL - 3 goals 2 assists
Dele Alli in last 10 EPL games - 2 goals 0 assists

And yea - he has started every single EPL game under Mourinho so far...
Kind of sad reading to be honest.

Not writing him off nor saying he should be sold ASAP. But with that output he should not be starter. Ofc with current injury situation (Kane, Son, Sissoko long term injuries; Ndombelly unfit and often injured as well) we don't have many options, do we...

You do realise 5 goals and 2 assists in 14 games puts him in the top five AM's in the EPL since December ... yet he's shit and should be sold ... even not at his best he's still ahead of Silva, Maddison, Mount, Deulofeu, Henderson, Moutinho this season all of whom the media tell us are having stellar seasons ....

He's a victim of his own success, a 'poor' Dele is still one of the EPL's best players he's just not as good as a 'good' Dele. So now Dele is being written off at 23 ... crazy harsh

Back
Top Bottom