Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

King Mousa King Mousa : not to mention that players like Gerrard and Lampard eked out similar numbers, all through their career, after being shoved into the deep end at similar ages. Dele Alli may never become our new Gazza, but if he becomes our Lampard then I'll take it.

For sure, he peaked very early and has had to play numerous positions. I too would take him being our Lampard. I think he thinks he can be a Gazza (flicks, tricks and flair) when really he is suited to more no-nonsense get the ball in the back of the net type play a la Lampard with occasional bits of magic.

Grealish and Maddison are playing very well for Villa and Leicester respectively. It is not the case with Dele atm.
Grealish and Maddison have improved in the last 2 season while Dele hasn't. Yes Dele had 2 good seasons 15/16 and 16/17 but that's history.
Fee role, no responsibility or expected more are excuses. What matters is putting a performance on the pitch.

Over the course of this season where all 3 have played in the PL (from the PL site):

Dele:

Played 19
Goals 7
Assists 3

Maddison:

Played 25
Goals: 6
Assists: 3

Grealish:

Played 24
Goals 7
Assists 6

So Dele has played 6 less games than Maddison has 1 more goal and same number of assists.

Grealish has the same number of goals but 3 more assists and has played 5 more games than Dele.

Again the other 2 play a free number 10 role where Dele has had to play numerous positions and roles for us.

All 3 are good players and a lot of people (I'm not saying you) are raving about how good Grealish and Maddison are compared to Dele when in reality their output this season is around the same.

Over the course of this season where all 3 have played in the PL (from the PL site):

Dele:

Played 19
Goals 7
Assists 3

Maddison:

Played 25
Goals: 6
Assists: 3

Grealish:

Played 24
Goals 7
Assists 6

So Dele has played 6 less games than Maddison has 1 more goal and same number of assists.

Grealish has the same number of goals but 3 more assists and has played 5 more games than Dele.

Again the other 2 play a free number 10 role where Dele has had to play numerous positions and roles for us.

All 3 are good players and a lot of people (I'm not saying you) are raving about how good Grealish and Maddison are compared to Dele when in reality their output this season is around the same.
Look at the players Dele got around him and look at the players Grealish and Maddison have around them.

Last edited:
Look at the players Dele got around him and look at the players Grealish and Maddison have around them.
Leicester are 3rd, we are 5th. :sonhmm:

Dele has the better players around him for sure (despite Leicester currently being higher than us in the table). But as I mentioned Dele has to do many more things than Grealish and Maddison do. They get full freedom to do what they want, Dele doesn't.

Last year Vardy & PEA both scored more than Kane did in the league but we all know that Kane is much more than just a goal scorer. This is the point I'm trying to put across with Dele.

Also if Grealish and Maddison played for bigger/better teams would their numbers be that much better than they are now when the teams are not built around them? I think it could go either way. Take Siggy for example, the main man at Swansea but when he played for us more all-round play was expected from him.

Lace up your boots dele. You’re going up top
cf8ec665ac60a7ed-sad-mrw-gif-on-gifer-by-arashilrajas.gif

He had 5 scorable chances against Villa. 1 hit the target.
He should have scored at least 2 , the easy chances, one side footed miles out and the one on one he was thinking what to do next or may be call a friend instead of pulling the trigger.
And few on here still saying Dele should play as striker.... Deluded fans.

Back
Top Bottom