Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What did he say?

Couldn’t watch the match, was at some dog shit Cubs think with my youngest

😭
Saying Lamela had zero training, Ndombele could only play 20 mins.
Chelsea drinking fizzy water all week, where we played Sunday, tonight and then Saturday morning
Give credit to the boys etc.

Very passionate

Hopefully someone can put up the vid for it.

I'm yet to see a mourinho game for us where we are aggressive and on the front foot with sustained pressing. Or when a team presses us where we can break through it quite easily. Hopefully he plays ndombele more to do that as modern football requires it. On a side note, Any harm in chucking in parrot?. Jose says he's not ready but if Lucas is dead why not give the kid 10 mins at least? How old was ampadu?

I'm yet to see a mourinho game for us where we are aggressive and on the front foot with sustained pressing. Or when a team presses us where we can break through it quite easily. Hopefully he plays ndombele more to do that as modern football requires it. On a side note, Any harm in chucking in parrot?. Jose says he's not ready but if Lucas is dead why not give the kid 10 mins at least? How old was ampadu?
Burnley?

er
like that's going to happen with this manager

Didn't happen under Pochettino for over a year. Who cares?

What's your favourite Spurs moment over the last 12 months. Actually don't answer it. I know the answer. And we didn't get there playing open expansive football.

Didn't happen under Pochettino for over a year. Who cares?

What's your favourite Spurs moment over the last 12 months. Actually don't answer it. I know the answer. And we didn't get there playing open expansive football.
you don't care how we play?
the last 12months were awful. I expect you loved the AVB years too.

you don't care how we play?
the last 12months were awful. I expect you loved the AVB years too.

Not with this squad, no.

I enjoyed moments of the AVB days. But we had an even worse squad under AVB so again, not surprised by the performances.

You don't support Tottenham because of how we play football. So don't pretend like you do.

He's doing okay with what's available to him: well, in fact. Just as we looked to have a bit of structure and forward momentum, Sonny gets injured - just a lot of bad luck. A few more weeks and the system will be reset - but it will be more based around smash-and-grab than it is even now, I would imagine (unless N'Dombele has some miraculous healing tincture for his endless ailments) - and I wouldn't be surprised to see Harry and Moussa back a bit before expected, just to upset the apple-cart.

When news of Sonny's injury came out, I thought if Jose can do CL place and a Cup Final with the squad on its knees, he should get manager of the season (although it'll be Klopp, obviously because...you know...Liverpool...)

Not with this squad, no.

I enjoyed moments of the AVB days. But we had an even worse squad under AVB so again, not surprised by the performances.

You don't support Tottenham because of how we play football. So don't pretend like you do.
I had no idea there were people that supported this club that don't care how we play, just want the result regardless.

I had no idea there were people that supported this club that don't care how we play, just want the result regardless.

Id have supported United growing up if I cared about a team playing exciting football and winning things mate.

What I see is a relatively poor squad overall that needs building with very little quality to be able to play a open expansive football without conceding alot of goals. Now mix that with the fact Kane and Son are both unavailable and you can see why I couldn't really give a shit about how we play.

Aslong as the players are playing for the badge on their shirt and give all, which they have been doing, I'll support them.

This article perfectly presents the argument against Mourinho, with his management style and tactics now outdated and superceded by a new generation:

> Nagelsmann is only two years older than me.

b80.jpg

We don’t need to lose to have some of the agenda driven posters wanting rid of one of the most successful managers in the world

:mourbringit:
You and I have argued this one out mate.

I don't have an agenda, I simply don't want him because I don't believe he's our best option.

His style of play is brutal.
His loyalty to certain players is scary.
And you know that the insane fucker who creates shit wherever he goes is bubbling along in the background.

I said previously I want someone like Nagelman or Ten Haag. Someone who will build an exciting team capable of entertaining and winning.

Basically Poch's idea of play with Mourinho's mentality.

Back
Top Bottom