Tottenham Hotspur Versus Redbull Leipzig 19/02/2010

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why is it that German players are stronger, quicker and run for longer?
They're just better athletes.
You know the Leipzig team were not all German, right?

It's like saying Ginola, Modric & Klinsmann were 'Cloggers' just 'cos they played in English football!!

However, regardless of where they're from... EVERY player to represent RED BULL ENGERY DRINK LEIPZIG are fucking MERCINARIES with no soul or feeling for footballing history though!!
I'll give you THAT!

If Ndombele doesn’t start against Chavs the Jose is officially trolling

He said clearly after the game, he doesn’t have more than 20 minutes in his legs. Do you want him to start and then come out injured after 20 minutes like against Southampton? The players that can start, they start. We don’t have anybody else in attack who can start the game.

To be honest, I think they got too conservative in the last 25. We were playing better, but the payoff of them getting a second, which would basically kill off the tie, is bigger than us getting an equalizer.

We score first in Germany and we'll be in good shape now.

He said clearly after the game, he doesn’t have more than 20 minutes in his legs. Do you want him to start and then come out injured after 20 minutes like against Southampton? The players that can start, they start. We don’t have anybody else in attack who can start the game.
He’s been bench for a month and still only has 20 mins in him? Sorry not buying this

The 60/30 plan was going okay until Davies' brain fell out his ass. Very similar to the Liverpool game in January.

If Ndombele and Lo Celso can both start the return leg we have a chance.
It wasn’t going ok though. They had numerous chances to score.

Make no mistake, we were 0-0 at that point because of poor finishing not because we defended well.

I think we have some very good players but we're struggling to play as a unit, understandably. Don't think we have been able to field the same 11 players in consecutive games, that will impact on ys showing any consistency.
Gio was outstanding for me, followed by Davison. And Erik was immense when he came on.
The return game's not completely out of reach, but it would have been nice to get one goal to take to Germany.
Just leaving the stadium, fish and chips weren't very nice tonight :(

I think we have some very good players but we're struggling to play as a unit, understandably. Don't think we have been able to field the same 11 players in consecutive games, that will impact on ys showing any consistency.
Gio was outstanding for me, followed by Davison. And Erik was immense when he came on.
The return game's not completely out of reach, but it would have been nice to get one goal to take to Germany.
Just leaving the stadium, fish and chips weren't very nice tonight :(

We do have some really good players. We’re chronic though in some positions, most notably both full backs.

I think we were rightly cautious based on our depth and it being a two legged affair. A 2nd goal for them kills us, as it stands we can do something with this so I'm fine with the result.

No Son, no Kane and a game played Sunday? A 1-0 loss isn't the end of the world. Onto Chelsea now.
Agree. Massive game vs Chelski. Treat two legs as just that.

That said Maureens record in the last decade doesn't bode well. We won't win it, but to bow out (narrowly) against a big team in the QF feels a bit of a better ending that a whimper to the German Sheff Utd.

Just came back. Astonishingly angry, but the problem is I'm not angry at either José or the players, not even Ben, Serge or Winksy. The problems were obvious to see, and we ignored them. I still do see some positive signs, and the fact that it seems like our recruitement has been good this year makes me optimisic about the future. We go as huge underdogs in Leipzig, but so we did against City and Ajax. Good thing is that personally, I have no expectations, so I can't be dissapointed, unless it's a total hammering Bayern style. Onwards and upwards and COME ON YOU FUCKING SPURS! :tobyarm:

That's not going to be easy with players knowing they will forever sit second fiddle with Kane
Not aimed at you but sometimes I feel that people say this with annoyance, as if they're frustrated that there's a world class striker in a not overly world class squad standing in the way of a new striker.

If a new striker somehow starts outperforming Kane, Jose will play them. But the most likely reason they won't play is that they'll be kept out of the team by a world top 3 striker, which should be a situation that fans are grateful for.

Of course, Kane's injury situation also creates a new incentive to come to Spurs and still get some decent game time.

I agree with Mourinho, I'm proud of the players tonight, we dug in and defended well against a very good side.

We gave it a good go and we are still clinging on in the tie by our finger nails.

The crowd was good as well.

I can see a lot of positives, and I can see us becoming a little bit more resilient every game.

I suppose the doom and gloom merchants will be all over that performance/result, but I don't see it that way

COYS!

Back
Top Bottom