Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He had another tough day at the office today but it paid off in the end with 2 goals.

You gotta shoot to score but he and Moura both need to work on their reading of the game when on the ball. Both of them ignored chances to pass it to the other to score.
Both can be very guilty of poor decision making in the final third, often choosing the wrong option or hanging on to the ball and being crowded out.
Has to be said though, Son did score two today and a very cool finish for the winner.

Both can be very guilty of poor decision making in the final third, often choosing the wrong option or hanging on to the ball and being crowded out.
Has to be said though, Son did score two today and could have had more, very cool finish fit the winner.
And Lucas did A LOT of the gritty work. Tracked back, carried ball from our half etc. They are putting in shifts but firing a lot of blanks.

Dele and Lamela can also be guilty of this (Dele today in particular). That's why Harry was so important. He held the ball and made sure they got it in good positions to score.

Once he is back both Son and Moura will look more comfortable.

Yes he is playing badly and being very wasteful in front of goal but first name on the team sheet and to play every match. That is the same contradiction that Son has been lately.

Son's been playing like Kane like Kane has been for the past 2 seasons - plays like shit but still finding a way to score goals. I guess without Kane, Son's doing his part in racking up the goal tally despite not doing the other things exceedingly well that we've been accustomed to seeing him do.

It almost feels like Son is working to get his goal on target/goals ratio up. Not really taking any med/long shots anymore like he did in his first few seasons or in Germany. It’s times like this when I miss Kane, netting some ridiculous power strikes

It almost feels like Son is working to get his goal on target/goals ratio up. Not really taking any med/long shots anymore like he did in his first few seasons or in Germany. It’s times like this when I miss Kane, netting some ridiculous power strikes

It's about time to unleash his left foot.
I want to see goals like this

hopefully, with Bergwijn on the left, he will have more freedom to move around and shoot with left foot.

Last edited:

Think it has something to do with Mou. Trying to rein in Son's game and make him a more controlled, efficient player. It's obviously still a work in progress but I'm starting to see it pay off. It'll be interesting to see what Sonny's game looks like 12 months from now.

How many points have his goals been responsible for since Kane has been injured? His football doesn’t look great on the eye at the minute and he can be a bit frustrating to watch looks like he is badly out of his usual form , however he is scoring goals that are winning us games, player of the season so far for me

How many points have his goals been responsible for since Kane has been injured? His football doesn’t look great on the eye at the minute and he can be a bit frustrating to watch looks like he is badly out of his usual form , however he is scoring goals that are winning us games, player of the season so far for me

5 points.

And a place in the fifth round of the FA Cup.

He is an enigma, but glad he's our enigma.

Hopefully, the afters from the red cards are now becoming a distant memory, and he will get back to the top of his game (not doing badly considering!)

He is an enigma, but glad he's our enigma.

Hopefully, the afters from the red cards are now becoming a distant memory, and he will get back to the top of his game (not doing badly considering!)

The last few games have been a real enigma indeed, I mean watching him has been just so painful and yet, he finishes games with goals.

I don’t know if he has ever played so badly to be honest, I know the goals just keep coming so it’s not a worry but just making an observation.

One thing to note is that Son is playing fulltime for every single match under Mou. Prob that's why he's scoring more. Hopefully he doesnt burn out. He used to be one of the few players who always gets subbed out at 70min by Poch.

Think it has something to do with Mou. Trying to rein in Son's game and make him a more controlled, efficient player. It's obviously still a work in progress but I'm starting to see it pay off. It'll be interesting to see what Sonny's game looks like 12 months from now.

Does holding on to the ball too long make him a more efficient player?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom