Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What utter bollocks!

I knew you would say that because you don't ever want to criticise him, you have the blinkers on for Eriksen.

I don't know how anybody can say Eriksen deserves respect after the way he has behaved and especially with what he is saying now.

He claims he has more chance of winning a trophy at Inter than at Spurs...Inter haven't won a trophy in over a decade LOL.

Guy is full of shit.

He was the "black sheep" because of his contract? BULLSHIT! Jan has a short contract and he's respected by 99% of the fanbase. Toby had a short contract, and I was one of the few who were against him, the overwhelming majority still supported Toby and didn't make him a scapegoat for anything.
Eriksen was the "black sheep" because, just like Rose and Trippier last year, he couldn't be half arsed to play and give his 100%. He disrespected the club time and time again. Fuck him and his efforts of trying to play the victim and look the cool guy.

Exactly, I expect Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 to ignore these facts though in favour of thinking the best of Eriksen because he likes the way he played football and clinging on to the past.

At the end of the day, he downed tools for us and is now behaving like a victim and essentially blaming the club and fanbase.

He's a cunt.

Also got subbed after 58 minutes at 0-0 before Inter went on to win 2-0 😂

Isn't that good? It means he hadn't just given up and played poorly for us on purpose, but like I mentioned earlier, is in the midst of a long vad spell. I also wrote anyone who thinks he will look different at Inter to begin with are naive.

New club, new League, new country, he needs to adjust and reset wich imo will take months.

Bollocks mate, he's playing the victim here and throwing the club under the bus.

At the end of the day, he was the one who mouthed off in the press about a move and the timing of it was completely unprofessional as well.

He was also the one giving half arsed performances because he didn't want to be here.

People keep sucking him off like he's this friendly loveable guy, like he deserves respect and is a Tottenham legend, he isn't, he's disrespectful and he has made it very evident he couldn't give a fuck less about the fans that supported him either with his half arsed goodbye message that he drafted up in 5 mins whilst he was taking a shit on the toilet.

Even Modric gave his best during his last season, think people would have respected Eriksen a lot more if he had done the same, unfortunately once his head had gone that was it for him.

Unprofessional.

So is he still giving half arsed performances at Inter? Or maybe, just maybe, he is in actual poor form...

No one is sucking him off, but some (not even his fanboys) are keeping this thread alive by for one, mocking his vad performance for Inter, and then in the next post, accusing him of slacking for us..

So what is it?

So is he still giving half arsed performances at Inter? Or maybe, just maybe, he is in actual poor form...

No one is sucking him off, but some (not even his fanboys) are keeping this thread alive by for one, mocking his vad performance for Inter, and then in the next post, accusing him of slacking for us..

So what is it?

I am just sick of people putting ex-players above the club, especially ones that have behaved disrespectfully towards it.

We support the club, not Christian Eriksen, during his best years he was fantastic for us but the way he behaved towards the end was unprofessional and disrespectful.

Toby was in the exact same position as him and was still giving his all on the pitch. Eriksens head went completely and now he's playing the victim and essentially blaming the supporters and club for his poor form.

Sorry but to me that's disrespectful towards the club and the club is the thing I love.

People need some perspective here.

Oh how I wish we will win something before Inter do. Fucking cunt, absolutely destroying any chance of a legacy. Stupid, can’t clear the first man, half-arsed, bald cunt.

I knew you would say that because you don't ever want to criticise him, you have the blinkers on for Eriksen.

I don't know how anybody can say Eriksen deserves respect after the way he has behaved and especially with what he is saying now.

He claims he has more chance of winning a trophy at Inter than at Spurs...Inter haven't won a trophy in over a decade LOL.

Guy is full of shit.
It's not about criticising him or not. There is NOTHING he has said in that interview that invites criticism. This is the topic, the post Spurs interview.

Why are you talking about "respect"? Where did you dig that up from and why are you applying that to me?

Right now he DOES have more chance of winning a trophy at Inter than he has at Spurs. If you are arguing against this then I can only assume you don't watch any Italian football or understand what Inter are doing this season. They are in a title challenge this season we, on the other hand, are a mear 36 points off the top.

Exactly, I expect Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 to ignore these facts though in favour of thinking the best of Eriksen because he likes the way he played football and clinging on to the past.

At the end of the day, he downed tools for us and is now behaving like a victim and essentially blaming the club and fanbase.

He's a cunt.
If he's a cunt for "downing tools" then what does that make of the manager's judgement for selecting him?

What the fuck does this have to do with his interview?

Did he fuck your wife?

I am just sick of people putting ex-players above the club, especially ones that have behaved disrespectfully towards it.

We support the club, not Christian Eriksen, during his best years he was fantastic for us but the way he behaved towards the end was unprofessional and disrespectful.

Toby was in the exact same position as him and was still giving his all on the pitch. Eriksens head went completely and now he's playing the victim and essentially blaming the supporters and club for his poor form.

Sorry but to me that's disrespectful towards the club and the club is the thing I love.

People need some perspective here.

Who gives a shit tbh? He is not a spurs player anymore..

Fuck him, and fuck how he plays at Inter..

Best thing is for both parties to just move on.

And with regards to the fans, we should be able to have different opinions of ex players without getting slagged off.

You think he is the biggest cunt to ever wear the shirt - Some, incl. me think he was a great servant to the club, with an unfortunate last
time in the club. Doesn't mean we do not think he was in bad form, or could have done certain things better.

If he's a cunt for "downing tools" then what does that make of the manager's judgement for selecting him?

What the fuck does this have to do with his interview?

Did he fuck your wife?

Here you go again, shitting on Jose as per usual, well Poch picked him as well, what does that make of him?

Could it be that both of those managers were just trying to convince him to get back to his best but despite their best efforts Eriksen simply couldn't give a fuck about doing so?

It has everything to do with this interview, he is literally saying how he was the "black sheep" because of his contract issues, it's excuses for how he was performing and it's utter bollocks. Toby was in the exact same situation and still gave everything on the pitch.

You have a blind spot for Eriksen and you can't see it.

Who gives a shit tbh? He is not a spurs player anymore..

Fuck him, and fuck how he plays at Inter..

Best thing is for both parties to just move on.

And with regards to the fans, we should be able to have different opinions of ex players without getting slagged off.

You think he is the biggest cunt to ever wear the shirt - Some, incl. me think he was a great servant to the club, with an unfortunate last
time in the club. Doesn't mean we do not think he was in bad form, or could have done certain things better.

I don't think he's the biggest cunt to wear the shirt, he used to be my favourite player when he actually made the effort and I would have thought very highly of him if he would have given that same effort until the end, even if he was just in bad form.

But he didn't, he disrespected the club so fuck him.

And nobody is slagging anybody off, just pointing out that some people are putting him ahead of the club, that much is obvious because he seems to be immune to criticism.

If Rose was saying what Eriksen is he would be getting ripped to shreds for it.

Here you go again, shitting on Jose as per usual, well Poch picked him as well, what does that make of him?

Could it be that both of those managers were just trying to convince him to get back to his best but despite their best efforts Eriksen simply couldn't give a fuck about doing so?

It has everything to do with this interview, he is literally saying how he was the "black sheep" because of his contract issues, it's excuses for how he was performing and it's utter bollocks. Toby was in the exact same situation and still gave everything on the pitch.

You have a blind spot for Eriksen and you can't see it.
I'm not shitting on Jose. He's our current manager AND HE SELECTED HIM! Poch picked him too.......SO WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU!!!????

So, the same question, what does it make of BOTH managers judgement for selecting him?

He was singled out by some Spurs fans, he WAS scapegoated, Rose wasn't booed but Eriksen was. Some of you can't handle honesty, no wonder players lie and spin out bullshit for you to suckle on. Respect him for being upfront and telling it how it was, he wanted to leave, he communicated that intention. Oddly that has really pissed you and others off. While wanking over Modric, Bale and Beba all who properly downed tools and REFUSED to play for Spurs.

Toby was and has been SHIT for quite some time! There has been speculation for well over a year about his future and his resulting form was topic of discussion as a connection. He refused a new contract multiple times and DIDN'T have a single Club come in for him so he signed a new deal with us, HIS ONLY option. He didn't have the balls to state his intentions and make any public comment about what he wanted. He hid that from you, he was devious, just covered his arse enough so that he can kiss the badge of the shirt he refused multiple contracts offers from. Do not rewrite history on this one, you'll only look very, very silly.

(BTW I like Toby, and I can live with footballers and their contract negations as part and parcel of the game but had he left I'd have still had more respect for a player who has the balls and conviction to be upfront about their intentions).

What a weird, twist and fucked up logic you and others have. Utterly bizarre.

I don't think he's the biggest cunt to wear the shirt, he used to be my favourite player when he actually made the effort and I would have thought very highly of him if he would have given that same effort until the end, even if he was just in bad form.

And nobody is slagging anybody off, just pointing out that some people are putting him ahead of the club, that much is obvious because he seems to be immune to criticism.

Please show me where people are "putting him above the club"?

How the fuck have you arrived at that opinion?

Glad he’s gone. Wimpy prick.
Maybe if he showed up a bit more in our matches the past 1 and a half season we would’ve actually won something. Where was he in our Champions League final against the dippers????
Like literally; how can you say something like this?

Fair enough.

To each his own..

But aint nobody but the obvious Danish trolls putting him above Spurs tho.

I can critisize him, imo his mentality is weak as fuck.

Just think some of the critisizm is very unnuanced.

Maybe if he showed up a bit more in our matches the past 1 and a half season we would’ve actually won something. Where was he in our Champions League final against the dippers????

Played in plenty of (semi-) finals - got very close to winning trophies.

P.S. That Inter kit is horrendeous. Way too much going on there. Keep it simple. Stripes all in the same direction.

So you actually think that Spurs have a better chance of winning a trophy this year than the title challenges Inter?

I'm not a betting man, I think it's a mug's game, but I'd be surprised any bookie would give better odds on Spurs over Inter's chances of winning a trophy this season.

I'm not shitting on Jose. He's our current manager AND HE SELECTED HIM! Poch picked him too.......SO WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU!!!????

So, the same question, what does it make of BOTH managers judgement for selecting him?

He was singled out by some Spurs fans, he WAS scapegoated, Rose wasn't booed but Eriksen was. Some of you can't handle honesty, no wonder players lie and spin out bullshit for you to suckle on. Respect him for being upfront and telling it how it was, he wanted to leave, he communicated that intention. Oddly that has really pissed you and others off. While wanking over Modric, Bale and Beba all who properly downed tools and REFUSED to play for Spurs.

Toby was and has been SHIT for quite some time! There has been speculation for well over a year about his future and his resulting form was topic of discussion as a connection. He refused a new contract multiple times and DIDN'T have a single Club come in for him so he signed a new deal with us, HIS ONLY option. He didn't have the balls to state his intentions and make any public comment about what he wanted. He hid that from you, he was devious, just covered his arse enough so that he can kiss the badge of the shirt he refused multiple contracts offers from. Do not rewrite history on this one, you'll only look very, very silly.

(BTW I like Toby, and I can live with footballers and their contract negations as part and parcel of the game but had he left I'd have still had more respect for a player who has the balls and conviction to be upfront about their intentions).

What a weird, twist and fucked up logic you and others have. Utterly bizarre.

I disagree.

I think it is fairly obvious that people act different way depending on the communication. Let's say you have two colleagues. Both of them are considering switching jobs.
One sends message to general list, implying that he is bored in the company where you work.
Other keeps tabs on the job market, occasionally applies to here and there, but is still at work and doing his job. Even if they both put in 75% of the effort they used to, one of them still seems "one of our own" and other is "still the guy who got bored of working for us".

And to me it seems cuntish to go and whine and actually COMPLAIN about different treatment while making the situation different yourself?!? He said he wants a fresh challenge, and then seems surprised that he was "in and out of team". If you already indicate that you want to leave, then suck it up and accept that you will not be considered as significant/meaningful part of the team. Because you aren't anymore. Seems quite logical to me.

Back
Top Bottom