Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok but you can't prove Kane got injured because of uric acid.

No, but I can see that he has a history of joint injury, also that he was running in an unusual form just prior to two of his previous ankle injuries.

It's not that the injury is because of that directly, it hampers movement, slightly slows thinking/reaction time, then think if you get kicked whilst you have a sock full of glass shards vs getting kicked whilst you have a clean sock on, what hurts and injures more, generally speaking?

Once injured, if you are more acidic, your kidneys are already dealing with an acid burden (lactic, malic, ascorbic, B vits, etc etc etc many of the most vital healing processes are acids, but they need the minerals to allow balance), so in high intensity training + matches you will always be more prone to getting backed up, make no mistake your kidneys and body will let you know you are about to become ill (this is what crudely I could see in the team is certain periods of Poch's regime, such as after Burnley Feb 2019 when he broke them and we never looked fresh a single game after IMO).

This is why we had long periods of playing like turds first half, as it took a half time 'gee 'em up' team talk from Poch, to get their adrenaline going enough to overwrite the autonomic signals from their bodies to not go high intensity.

Think everybody could see it, we just mostly didn't want to understand it because we loved Poch (me included, I desperately wanted him to wake up to what was happening).

Zest Zest so what's a good diet plan + supplement stack for a prem footballer?
Safest way to combine sprinting x running with playing a match once a week?

Any thoughts on that old guy Atleti use for fitness who has players doing extremely long runs?

I am not going back through this detail but Ortega's getting a bit of a kicking this season, they have had loads of injury and a lot of them muscle related.

Not really.

If you were to have ever answered the 6m dollar question of 'what do our players actually eat?' It would be far easier to take your mere theorizing seriously.

As pointed out before that's central info any conclusions you may care to draw and without it you'ee just scrabbling around in the dark.

Ok, so it's just now been made apparent to you that they eat bkackberries within their broader diet but you've been banging on about this stuff since you arrived.

Dude, I keep saying, but you don't want to read, more alkaline foods, less purines, more omega3 foods less omega6... (google them lazy boy))

There was a sports scientist on SC who said he employed several of my suggestions to considerable success, are you are sports scientist? If so I might give you an example menu plan, for some considerable £!

I'm not saying they should have fixed harsh diet plans, that is what gets you into Ramos situations...

Just that when you are a player of certain physiology you need less x, another less y, another more z.

Sorry there isn't a basic diet that everyone should follow, or they would all be on it...

No, but I can see that he has a history of joint injury, also that he was running in an unusual form just prior to two of his previous ankle injuries.

It's not that the injury is because of that directly, it hampers movement, slightly slows thinking/reaction time, then think if you get kicked whilst you have a sock full of glass shards vs getting kicked whilst you have a clean sock on, what hurts and injures more, generally speaking?

Once injured, if you are more acidic, your kidneys are already dealing with an acid burden (lactic, malic, ascorbic, B vits, etc etc etc many of the most vital healing processes are acids, but they need the minerals to allow balance), so in high intensity training + matches you will always be more prone to getting backed up, make no mistake your kidneys and body will let you know you are about to become ill (this is what crudely I could see in the team is certain periods of Poch's regime, such as after Burnley Feb 2019 when he broke them and we never looked fresh a single game after IMO).

This is why we had long periods of playing like turds first half, as it took a half time 'gee 'em up' team talk from Poch, to get their adrenaline going enough to overwrite the autonomic signals from their bodies to not go high intensity.

Think everybody could see it, we just mostly didn't want to understand it because we loved Poch (me included, I desperately wanted him to wake up to what was happening).
Looking at some of the factors and foods that cause uric acid, I'd be surprised if the doctors and the nutritionist missed it. Indeed I'd be surprised that he has played as much games and done as well as he has.
From Sherwood to Poch's era he has improved to the extent that he's a world class striker, I think his nutrition obviously plays a role in that.

Dude, I keep saying, but you don't want to read, more alkaline foods, less purines, more omega3 foods less omega6...

There was a sports scientist on SC who said he employed several of my suggestions to considerable success, are you are sports scientist? If so I might give you an example menu plan, for some considerable £!

I'm not saying they should have fixed harsh diet plans, that is what gets you into Ramos situations...

Just that when you are a player of certain physiology you need less x, another less y, another more z.

Sorry there isn't a basic diet that everyone should follow, or they would all be on it...

Hahahahah........

Not 'what should they eat'....What 'have they been eating'...?

My point is you don't know therefor any subsequent assessment on your part is hot air..... Doesn't matter how many textbooks you quote at me

If you can't comprehend what I'm putting to you then as scientists go you are pure banter.

Here they are.

Premier League
05.12.92 Sol Campbell
05.02.94 Ronny Rosenthal
20.08.94 Jurgen Klinsmann
29.09.01 Dean Richards
23.08.03 Frederic Kanoute
19.10.03 Mbulelo Mabizela
07.02.04 Jermain Defoe
05.02.05 Mido (2)
09.03.08 Gilberto
16.08.09 Sebastien Bassong
14.04.10 Danny Rose
10.09.11 Emmanuel Adebayor
01.09.12 Mousa Dembele
18.08.13 Roberto Soldado
16.08.14 Eric Dier
10.08.19 Tanguy Ndombele
02.02.20 Steven Bergwijn

some brilliant goals in there too!

Hahahahah........

Not 'what should they eat'....What 'have they been eating'...?

My point is you don't know therefor any subsequent assessment on your part is hot air..... Doesn't matter how many textbooks you quote at me

If you can't comprehend what I'm putting to you then as scientists go you are pure banter.

"What have they eaten"... not enough mineral rich and oxygen carrying foods to sustain their training and performance levels at a level we all want(ed under Poch at the end 12-18months)...

Clearly I don't know what they are/were eating exactly, as we know neither do the club (as they don't eat every meal there). But I know certain signs can be viewed as what is lacking or probably needed.

It is just banter (contextually), I'm not a scientist, just someone who has seen profound stuff happen to peoples recovery, when they infuse their diet with rich Alkaline foods (or extracts) and supporting oxygen oils etc.

Plus, I'm not qualified to give diet advice, so I talk about it from a science paper perspective (quite often).

I'm no Doctor/scientist, we can all agree, I put that regularly and that I'm speculating and IMO etc.

After the game, pundit Souness spoke to Sky Sports (02/02, 18:48) about Bergwin's goal, praising him for 'top class' technique, whilst noting that some initial struggles were to be expected given that he's transitioning from the Eredivisie to the Premier League, offering an honest view rather than getting caught up just in the goal.

“He hasn’t got time to wait for the ball to come down, because he's being closed down, his touch is great. Technique; top class. His touch on his chest is perfect, if his first touch is not that good, he's not getting his second one off.” said Souness. “He’s come from a football that does not have an intensity that ours does, that's always going to happen,” he added when asked about Bergwijn's initial struggles.

Bruno Fernandes' first appearance for United: shoots wide a couple of times in a 0-0 draw...

Stevie B's first appearance for us:

tenor.gif

Are you all just blindend by the lights? We won and i am happy as can be, but it was all down to Citeh beeing 10 men. And well deserved they should hav had 9.

Back
Top Bottom