January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Jarrod Bowen better than Steve Bergwijn?
Tricky one - if you take the Championship and Eredivisie as being similar in quality (not sure if that's fair though) then you could argue Bowen has scored more and had the bonus of being homegrown. Then again, Bergwijn has experience on bigger stages (i.e. the Champions League).

However, I've always felt that Bowen lacks pace for his position despite being a good finisher.

Either way, I'd be gobsmacked if Spurs hadn't considered Bowen at some point given his contract situation and eventual price - so everything points to us being keener on Bergwijn.

No JT it's because you post like an idiot, if you made sound arguments then even if they were wrong people would take notice, but you just cunt off anyone who disagrees without often given any reasons as to why you disagree - arguing is one thing, even a good cunt off is fun, but trolling without support ... that just gets boring very quickly ..... it's why so many have you on ignore

Make the effort to 'disagree' with logical, thought out, comprehensible posts not just press the disagree button .... that would be a good start

So you're not my friend either then?

:avbcringe:

Is Jarrod Bowen better than Steve Bergwijn?
Good question, Bowen has been around for 4 years including a bit part season in the EPL, that gives him some experience but has also shown his limitations, has he ever been on anyone's radar as a top six player? Has he ever even got close to an international squad?

Bergwijn is a one club lad and the Eredivisie apart from Ajax is probably not even Championship level, that gives him limited experience but also European football, he's attracted interest from many big club and has played 21 junior international and now has 9 senior caps

So on world wide standing and experience wise Bergwijn is well ahead.

To call Bowen or Bergwijn a forward and is a bit misleading, neither are CF's both are wide men who like to cut in and both score a few goals ... an inside right/left they would have been called in the old days.

For me Bergwijn is two steps up, but I'm obviously biased ... let's see how they get on.

No JT- arguing is one thing, even a good cunt off is fun, but trolling without support ... that just gets boring very quickly ..... it's why so many have you on ignore
Hey? I didn't know anyone had me on ignore!

What a night. Fucking brexit, no striker, no friends.....

Now I find out I've been talking to myself all these years.

DimRectangularEmeraldtreeskink-size_restricted.gif

Wow.. not sure why i am shocked, but weirdly i am.
I like the rest of us knew we wouldn't buy a striker that we clearly and desperately havd needed for a couple of years now....
This club is in a mess and it's all getting to be a joke, levy runs this apparently big club like a newly promoted team.
He shows no care or ambition as I have been saying now for years since we first got into the champions league and he signed fucking saha and Ryan Nelson.....fuck levy and enic.. ..I am also starting to fall out of love with this great game, and no longer am able to stomach motd, or super fucking sunday........
Levy is a parasite

So you're not my friend either then?

Bizzare - I don't know shit about you, you might be a great fun guy a soulmate ... however right now for me you're a bit of a strange obsessed internet warrior ... but never judge a person by their internet bullshit ... that would be truly sad.

You might like the persona you've created on the forum, at least it gets you noticed, who knows, and really who cares ... it's just words on a screen.

Edit - and annoying Giffs now that is cuntish behaviour whoever you are ......

Last edited:
A few injuries away from disaster. The parrot is suddenly a pivotal player. Exciting and terrifying
Exciting? Terrifying? It’s embarrassing thats what it is to be honest......you know what tho, I’m going to savour all our past CL runs and what remains of this seasons too, because In reality we should just be humbled to have actually played in it at all amongst Europe elite clubs, cause one thing is for sure, we are definitely not an elite club, and we need to stop pretending we are...

Exciting? Terrifying? It’s embarrassing thats what it is to be honest......you know what tho, I’m going to savour all our past CL runs and what remains of this seasons too, because In reality we should just be humbled to have actually played in it at all amongst Europe elite clubs, cause one thing is for sure, we are definitely not an elite club, and we need to stop pretending we are...
Enjoy the balance sheet and income and expense statements ! I’m spinning it as a faith in youth

Good question, Bowen has been around for 4 years including a bit part season in the EPL, that gives him some experience but has also shown his limitations, has he ever been on anyone's radar as a top six player? Has he ever even got close to an international squad?

Bergwijn is a one club lad and the Eredivisie apart from Ajax is probably not even Championship level, that gives him limited experience but also European football, he's attracted interest from many big club and has played 21 junior international and now has 9 senior caps

So on world wide standing and experience wise Bergwijn is well ahead.

To call Bowen or Bergwijn a forward and is a bit misleading, neither are CF's both are wide men who like to cut in and both score a few goals ... an inside right/left they would have been called in the old days.

For me Bergwijn is two steps up, but I'm obviously biased ... let's see how they get on.

This is my point. I reckon Bowen has played at a higher level. some championship clubs have bigger wage bills than the top ducth clubs bar Ajax

This is my point. I reckon Bowen has played at a higher level. some championship clubs have bigger wage bills than the top ducth clubs bar Ajax

Bergwijn is a far more polished player with a higher ceiling. Bowen is great, very fun, very dangerous when he cuts in and I think he'll do very well with players like Haller and Antonio around him but based on our needs and where we want to get to, Bergwijn 100% the move to make.

Stevie averages a goal or assist each game played this season. Even if that's in the Dutch league it's exactly them same as Hazard averaged in his last season at Lille before the PL called. The right choice out of the two in my honest opinion.

Yes, I would have preferred a striker but I’m not exactly crying about the strikers we didn’t sign. I also wanted a CDM, but if the right target wasn’t available yet then I’m happy to wait until the summer. Most people (myself included) don’t believe we will get top 4 anyway, let’s put Son up top and see what happens. Occasionally give some minutes to Parrott (he isn’t ready, but a few sub appearances should help him). Spurs have shown now we are willing to spend some money and do business for the right targets, I have no doubts that we will sign players in key positions this summer.

Yes, I would have preferred a striker but I’m not exactly crying about the strikers we didn’t sign. I also wanted a CDM, but if the right target wasn’t available yet then I’m happy to wait until the summer. Most people (myself included) don’t believe we will get top 4 anyway, let’s put Son up top and see what happens. Occasionally give some minutes to Parrott (he isn’t ready, but a few sub appearances should help him). Spurs have shown now we are willing to spend some money and do business for the right targets, I have no doubts that we will sign players in key positions this summer.
We’re fucked m7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom