January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

I reckon WBA is the most likely destination for KWP. And I will be very surprised if he is much more than the suggested price for Ferguson. Maybe big sell on clause.

Crystal Palace are readying a £4million bid for West Bromwich Albion star Nathan Ferguson although Tottenham are set to pull out of the race according to The Sun.

Ferguson is out of contract in the summer although Albion have offered him a lucrative five-year deal with him yet to having sign an extension.

The right-back has made the breakthrough into the first-team this season and flourished under manager Slaven Bilic who converted him from a centre-back to a full-back after watching him in training.

So looks like since the end of the last TW, the changes to the squad will be :

In
Gedson Fernandes (CM) - loan option to buy
Steven Bergwijn (AM) - purchase
Striker (either Piatek or Jose)
Japhet Tanganga - promoted from u23's

Out
Christian Eriksen (AM) - Sale
Juan Foyth (Defender) - loan option to buy

Still a few days to learn of other players joining or other players leaving (eg Rose).

But shaping up to be a reasonable TW with more players joining than leaving and a few gaps in the squad filled - even if a few gaps (DM, FB's) might remain.

So looks like since the end of the last TW, the changes to the squad will be :

In
Gedson Fernandes (CM) - loan option to buy
Steven Bergwijn (AM) - purchase
Striker (either Piatek or Jose)
Japhet Tanganga - promoted from u23's

Out
Christian Eriksen (AM) - Sale
Juan Foyth (Defender) - loan option to buy

Still a few days to learn of other players joining or other players leaving (eg Rose).

But shaping up to be a reasonable TW with more players joining than leaving and a few gaps in the squad filled - even if a few gaps (DM, FB's) might remain.

I think this would be way better than most of us here were expecting prior to this transfer window.

I reckon WBA is the most likely destination for KWP. And I will be very surprised if he is much more than the suggested price for Ferguson. Maybe big sell on clause.

Crystal Palace are readying a £4million bid for West Bromwich Albion star Nathan Ferguson although Tottenham are set to pull out of the race according to The Sun.

Ferguson is out of contract in the summer although Albion have offered him a lucrative five-year deal with him yet to having sign an extension.

The right-back has made the breakthrough into the first-team this season and flourished under manager Slaven Bilic who converted him from a centre-back to a full-back after watching him in training.

I'm guessing that Japhet Tanganga breaking through to the first team means we no longer see the need for Ferguson who plays at CB and both FB positions, which Tanganga is showing he can cover (although once Davies is back I think he and Sessegnon will stop the need for Tanganga to cover LB)

Interesting development, down to the wire but a new striker now looks very likely, we have let clubs know that we will consider a six month loan deal for Parrott, why would we do that without cover? I guess any loan is conditional on us bringing in a striker, if we do it makes sense as Parrott would then get zero playing opportunities.

That will be annoying. They will be competing for the same players as us. Then move onto city type spending in couple of years.

Not necessarily a Saudi prince owns Sheffield Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom