January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The argument is whether VDV was one of the best in the League at the time.

He was.

That's why he was bought at that price.
You said that he was bought for £75M because he was the best defender in the League, which he clearly wasn't. He was one of the better defenders, but nowhere near the best.

You said that he was bought for £75M because he was the best defender in the League, which he clearly wasn't. He was one of the better defenders, but nowhere near the best.
And I've acknowledged I was exaggerating to make a point.

Lesson one of internet forums...sometimes people get caught up in the moment.

Some things never change
Here they are!

Their boy is in trouble and the fluffer turns up to suck wang.

giphy.gif

And I've acknowledged I was exaggerating to make a point.

Lesson one of internet forums...sometimes people get caught up in the moment.
No worries, but my argument is that if Liverpool got VVD for £75M, which you called worth because "he was one of the best defenders in the League", why are you so against gettting Piatek for £30M, who proved last year that he was incredible for Poland, Genoa and Milan...

No worries, but my argument is that if Liverpool got VVD for £75M, which you called worth because "he was one of the best defenders in the League", why are you so against gettting Piatek for £30M, who proved last year that he was incredible for Poland, Genoa and Milan...
Because he has fallen off a cliff since.

If VDV had suffered such a cliff fall, he too wouldn't have been bought.

He's being outscored by plenty.

We are buying a striker to stop-gap until Kane is back. Not long term.

At least buy someone in form in that case.

Except Piatek and Romagnoli, none of the other players would be good enough to carry 2005's team bags, let alone be in the same club as them.
This is also what I've said in July this year regarding Piatek, and mainly the reason why I want him here so much. £30M for him is a steal.

For what we can afford he has a good goal scoring record. Was on fire last season. Newsflash - we won’t be singing Messi. Stop lying about having watched him for 3 years in Serie A either passing yourself as an expert scout.
You're flapping, pup.

Calm down.

Fluffer is here to help. Be gentle with him.

Because he has fallen off a cliff since.

If VDV had suffered such a cliff fall, he too wouldn't have been bought.

He's being outscored by plenty.

We are buying a striker to stop-gap until Kane is back. Not long term.

At least buy someone in form in that case.
And as I said, the fact that he's being outscored has nothing to do with his skill as much as it has to do with the fact that he's gotten absolutely no service at all this year, and, even with that, is still AC Milan's 2nd top scorer from this year.

Liverpool on a completely different planet. To think we were better than them only a few seasons ago. If only our owners and board had the same ambition as the Liverpool lot, we might of been in their place. Shambles really the way our club operate in regards to the playing squad.
Took Liverpool almost 30 years to get to win the league ... most clubs never will
Ha. Great post.
Sums up perfectly what I was saying.
One of the richest clubs in the world going into game after game with no recognised striker available and our fans just brush it off and accept it.

any the same four posters (clones) all agree with you every time - yet 90% of Spurs fans can recognise that Levy has transformed us from a continuous mid-table club at every level to within touching distance of the very top ... why are we now one of the top ten richest clubs in the world, do you ever stop and ask yourself that question?

It's why you're on ignore by almost everyone ... or hadn't you noticed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom