January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't we just not waste money on a 28yo "back up" and buy Eze now, he could play up top until Kane's back (he's scored more goals than Jose has this season, and when Kane's fit, he can play about 4 other positions too.
I doubt QPR would sell right now in the middle of the season and from what I’ve seen of eze he doesn’t fit the bill of a target man striker that Jose wants.

I agree that we should try and get a deal done though and loan him back for the remainder.

At least this deal for José seems to be going quickly.. (possibly speaking too soon) we need to get it done. City at home next..

Why don't we just not waste money on a 28yo "back up" and buy Eze now, he could play up top until Kane's back (he's scored more goals than Jose has this season, and when Kane's fit, he can play about 4 other positions too.

I'd have gone for Olly Watkins. Bang in form and getting better all thd time. Can play as a centre forward and as a wide forward and has decent speed too

Widely rumoured that QPR do not want to sell him now, but a deal being lined up for the summer for him to move to Spurs.

Agree he's a player that I'd like to have at Spurs - not sure about how good he would be as a striker though, I think he's primarily an AM who in emergency can play striker rather than a natural striker.

Like I said you said he 'ain't bad'
I just want to be clear whether you think he will be a good or a bad signing.
'Ain't bad' but you're not saying he's good.
Times have changed. During the 'no signings summer' it was they gotta be good & improve the starting 11 Or no point signing them. Now it's, there okay.... So SIGN THEM UP!

Widely rumoured that QPR do not want to sell him now, but a deal being lined up for the summer for him to move to Spurs.

Agree he's a player that I'd like to have at Spurs - not sure about how good he would be as a striker though, I think he's primarily an AM who in emergency can play striker rather than a natural striker.
It's rumoured that QPR want 20m for him.

Times have changed. During the 'no signings summer' it was they gotta be good & improve the starting 11 Or no point signing them. Now it's, there okay.... So SIGN THEM UP!
"improve the starting 11 " & "their okay.... So SIGN THEM UP" ---- both of these things can currently be correct.

"improve the starting 11 " & "their okay.... So SIGN THEM UP" ---- both of these things can currently be correct.
Exactly. Standards have dropped a lot now that we are pretty desperate. Massive change in attitude to potential signings in such a short space of time. You reap what you sow.

Willian Jose is a smoke screen for Piatek. From everything I've read Piatek is the one Jose and Levy want, due to his age, sell on value and game play, but the asking price is the issue.

I'm confident we'll get one of them by next Friday..

Or Benteke.

Willian Jose is a smoke screen for Piatek. From everything I've read Piatek is the one Jose and Levy want, due to his age, sell on value and game play, but the asking price is the issue.

I'm confident we'll get one of them by next Friday..

Or Benteke.
Maybe it's wishful thinking but I'd much rather have this sorted this weekend to give whoever it is time to get ready with the squad for City.

At least we've had the better part of a month to kick tires and find a striker. Leicester is looking at a week to make all the connections needed to replace Vardy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom