January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
MVP MVP

"Nobody is signed without the Spurs manager's approval. He signs off on them all and every signing must fit his philosophy and be able to meet his high demands.

Pochettino will take into account McDermott's opinion on whether an academy player is a better fit in a position than a new signing, but he will also have players in mind that he wants.

Notoriously fussy over the profile of players joining his tight-knit group, before any deal is made the Argentine likes to talk to the player - face to face if possible - to get a sense of the person. He decided within five minutes of meeting Serge Aurier two summers ago that the Ivorian could overcome the controversy that had dogged him in the preceding years."

Love from A.Gold.... The clubs so-called called man on the media.

I see.

Do you know much about this Duda fella? He impressed me last night and against Bournemouth at the weekend. And do you know if that guy at Norwich you recommended discovered Buendia?

I don't know anything about Duda. I was just surprised him and Rupp were already starting games, cos none of them were getting minutes at Hertha or Hoffenheim.

Stuart Webber should be the man signing Emi Buendia. There's some mention of it in this vid:

MVP MVP

"Nobody is signed without the Spurs manager's approval. He signs off on them all and every signing must fit his philosophy and be able to meet his high demands.

Pochettino will take into account McDermott's opinion on whether an academy player is a better fit in a position than a new signing, but he will also have players in mind that he wants.

Notoriously fussy over the profile of players joining his tight-knit group, before any deal is made the Argentine likes to talk to the player - face to face if possible - to get a sense of the person. He decided within five minutes of meeting Serge Aurier two summers ago that the Ivorian could overcome the controversy that had dogged him in the preceding years."

Was Sissoko signing also approved by Poch

Change the fucking record ffs

MVP MVP

I wouldn't argue that he doesn't give approval but obviously every signing doesn't fit his philosophy or high demands. I think it's a case of Levy saying do you want Njie or nothing? Ok I'll take Njie.
Technically he's signed off on it but Njie/Stambouli/GNK/Fazio etc not really what he wanted. Signing off on Clarke doesn't affect him too much, because he can send him back to Leeds and he already got the 3 players he wanted.

I wouldn't argue that he doesn't give approval but obviously every signing doesn't fit his philosophy or high demands. I think it's a case of Levy saying do you want Njie or nothing? Ok I'll take Njie.
Technically he's signed off on it but Njie/Stambouli/GNK/Fazio etc not really what he wanted.

More like...

Herrera OR Aurier - Chose Aurier

"60m Ndombele OR no-one" - Really? That's tight Levy in effect is it?

You're ignoring so much and placing disproportionate focus on players that weren't key/major signings.

Signing off on Clarke doesn't affect him too much, because he can send him back to Leeds and he already got the 3 players he wanted.

Which is why I accused you of using him as a diversionary tactic within the debate.

Like Yedlin.... Low cost, low risk.... Low significance. Who gives a fuck?

I don't know anything about Duda. I was just surprised him and Rupp were already starting games, cos none of them were getting minutes at Hertha or Hoffenheim.

Stuart Webber should be the man signing Emi Buendia. There's some mention of it in this vid:

Well, against Bournemouth, Duda played a lot of one-touch/two-touch stuff that really impressed me. And not stupid flicks to the opposition either. Looks like a very clever player.

Here we go again.
That’s the end of that.
Google/you tube can have a rest FWIW, the clips I’ve seen of this Willian chap were underwhelming.
Piatek (save for the absurd goal celebration) looks to be the better buy. But we will probably offer €5 million plus a night in Joe Lewis’ lifeboat for the selling chairman, his family & the board of directors.

Here we go again.
That’s the end of that.
Google/you tube can have a rest FWIW, the clips I’ve seen of this Willian chap were underwhelming.
Piatek (save for the absurd goal celebration) looks to be the better buy. But we will probably offer €5 million plus a night in Joe Lewis’ lifeboat for the selling chairman, his family & the board of directors.

I quite like the goal celebration. Reminds me of Robbie Keane

More like...

Herrera OR Aurier - Chose Aurier

"60m Ndombele OR no-one" - Really? That's tight Levy in effect is it?

You're ignoring so much and placing disproportionate focus on players that weren't key/major signings.

I already said Ndombele was a player he wanted and there was money available having not spent in the previous window.

Aurier too with the amount he had to spend he considered that the best option, the transfer committee agreed.

Which is why I accused you of using him as a diversionary tactic within the debate.

Like Yedlin.... Low cost, low risk.... Low significance. Who gives a fuck?

They aren't players that the manager wants, that's the point. We should only get in players that the manager really wants, he is in charge of the squad after all.

Last edited:
He didn't want him at all, Poch has always favored technicians over donkeys.

It is the reason why it took him nearly 3 years to find a role for him in the team.
I never said that he did not want him. But he was the one who okayed it at the end.

No manager gets 100% what they want. Not Zidane at Madrid, not Tuchel at PSG, not Klopp at Liverpool and not Poch when he was with us. Managers need to be adaptable. You should always try to get your prime target but when that doesn't work you need to be able to adapt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom