January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the biggest piece of 1+1=3 bullshit you could have thrown out. Many examples of players Poch wanted but was not able to get and two of them are labored with silverware at Pool. Yet Sissoko, a player Poch didn't want and didn't sanction. Another example. Poch didn't recruit nor want this move. Who did?

It is laughable that anyone suggests that DL isn't in micro-managed control of this club. Laughable! Why was Poch so frustrated the last 2 summers? Was it his decision for the Sammy-Summer? Answer that.

You got a fucking axe to grind because Poch doesn't use the kids that you think are so great. They are shit. Understand that. There is no example of a kid that we missed out on that should have come through with Poch. They are average shit. Winks was supposed to be great but he is average. KWP is supposed to be good but he is average and very weak. They are shit and we are not missing out on anything. Go grind your axe somewhere more fitting.

Stop your revisionist lies.
Bentaleb thrived at Schalke, who are at the same level as us.

I was thinking back to 1994 when Teddy was still out with a knee injury and due to return in late April and iirc we signed Rocket Ronnie from Liverpool in January. He wasn't really a centre forward, more a wide forward, a shite Mo Salah
Wasn't even alive then, I'll pass that 😂

Bentaleb thrived at Schalke, who are at the same level as us.
And he was also starting for us until he Billy big bollock's his way to outta the club ie he was booted for his attitude. And I wouldn't say he 'thrived' though he did have a successful period and they would probably like to keep him were it not for his attitudinal issues. but they are more than happy to get him the fuck outta there.

So what's your point? You have none here but if you would like to tell me more about Schalke feel free to. Did you like their game against BMG this week? I enjoyed it. Gonna be a tough one against Bayern coming up but if they played like they did on Friday they will have a chance. Can I expect to see you in FRED for the match?

And he was also starting for us until he Billy big bollock's his way to outta the club ie he was booted for his attitude. And I wouldn't say he 'thrived' though he did have a successful period and they would probably like to keep him were it not for his attitudinal issues. but they are more than happy to get him the fuck outta there.

So what's your point? You have none here but if you would like to tell me more about Schalke feel free to. Did you like their game against BMG this week? I enjoyed it. Gonna be a tough one against Bayern coming up but if they played like they did on Friday they will have a chance. Can I expect to see you in FRED for the match?
You said no young player we let go was succesful elsewere. That's false.

Perhaps we shouldn't have done a Sammy-summer then or wasted time on N'jie or N'koudou who were standard Levy buys. Why buy lacazette for real money when you can get his teammate? Why buy Batshuayi when you can buy his teammate from the financially struggling Marseille?

If 200M wasn't realistic then perhaps we should have gotten GLC the year before (the Sammy-Summer) for 1/3 the price from the club we had a nice business relationship with. You know GLC right? The Argentinean national team MF that we played 2 preseasons against that surely our Argie manager knew about even before those game. That player that PSG had to move for FFP reasons in the Sammy-summer but we waited to buy the next year for 3x more.

You talk shit.

This is the biggest piece of 1+1=3 bullshit you could have thrown out. Many examples of players Poch wanted but was not able to get and two of them are labored with silverware at Pool. Yet Sissoko, a player Poch didn't want and didn't sanction. Another example. Poch didn't recruit nor want this move. Who did?

It is laughable that anyone suggests that DL isn't in micro-managed control of this club. Laughable! Why was Poch so frustrated the last 2 summers? Was it his decision for the Sammy-Summer? Answer that.

You got a fucking axe to grind because Poch doesn't use the kids that you think are so great. They are shit. Understand that. There is no example of a kid that we missed out on that should have come through with Poch. They are average shit. Winks was supposed to be great but he is average. KWP is supposed to be good but he is average and very weak. They are shit and we are not missing out on anything. Go grind your axe somewhere more fitting.

Stop your revisionist lies.

Of all the examples to cite, Sissoko is the easiest one to destroy your argument.

Why do you think Poch persisted with him for 2 seasons as a midfielder when every fan I know thought he was pretty poor in the majority of games.

Sure he is strong and powerful in making runs but for the first 2 seasons his inadequacies were very easy to see.

If you cant out 2 + 2 together and realise that Poch was wanting this £30m player - when £30m could have bought far better players then time you went back to school. Levy would not have bought this player without Poch - he would have found a cheaper CM.

Just think before you post.

You said no young player we let go was succesful elsewere. That's false.
he was starting for us and we didn't let him go because he didn't get a chance ie he wasn't let go because he was shit and neither was Edwards who, presumably, would've gotten a chance but was a dick. These are not what was in contention as one did play and the other would have played but both are out because they are dicks not because they can't play.

And Bentaleb wasn't 'successful'. He played at Schalke and they are not on what was 'our level' in the last 5 years. they are beneath us in profile atm so even if your example was valid the conclusion would still be wrong.

Think harder.

he was starting for us and we didn't let him go because he didn't get a chance ie he wasn't let go because he was shit and neither was Edwards who, presumably, would've gotten a chance but was a dick. These are not what was in contention as one did play and the other would have played but both are out because they are dicks not because they can't play.

And Bentaleb wasn't 'successful'. He played at Schalke and they are not on what was 'our level' in the last 5 years. they are beneath us in profile atm so even if your example was valid the conclusion would still be wrong.

Think harder.
LOL

''in terms of profile''

Hahaha, because profile is what determines good football.

Real Madrid have the largest ''profile'' on earth.

They must be the best.

Ha, that's tickled me.

Of all the examples to cite, Sissoko is the easiest one to destroy your argument.

Why do you think Poch persisted with him for 2 seasons as a midfielder when every fan I know thought he was pretty poor in the majority of games.

Sure he is strong and powerful in making runs but for the first 2 seasons his inadequacies were very easy to see.

If you cant out 2 + 2 together and realise that Poch was wanting this £30m player - when £30m could have bought far better players then time you went back to school. Levy would not have bought this player without Poch - he would have found a cheaper CM.

Just think before you post.
He wanted Wijnaldum. DL went balls deep for Sissoko when Everton started bidding. 3 years in before Sissoko started playing. Poch played him all over before finding a spot for him. Are you suggesting the manager responsible for the transfer got a player that he had no idea how to use? And then took 3 seasons to integrate?

I'm just trying to figure out if you are swinging from DL's nutsack like a few others or if you are making shit up because you can't reconcile your sadness for the youth. Either way it's sad way for a grown man to behave.

Last edited:
He wanted Wijnaldum. DL went balls deep for Sissoko when Everton started bidding. 3 years in before Sissoko started playing. Poch played him all over before finding a spot for him. Are you suggesting the manager responsible for the transfer got a player that he had no idea how to use? And then took 3 seasons to integrate?

I'm just trying to figure out if you are swinging from DL's nutsack like a few others or if you are making shit up because you can't reconcile your sadness for the youth. Either way it's sad for a grown man to behave.

Poch wanted Sissoko.

Your argument that Levy spent £30m on a player without Poch wantig him makes no sense.

If Levy wanted to buy a midfield player without manager say so he'd have bought a less expensive player

And certainly not a player of that age with little chance of resale to recoup his price, or better still at a higher price.

Everything about Sissoko defies Levy ideal profile pf a player - but Levy is known to buy players a manager wants.

Well our priority became keeping the best players. We had a lot of them, and only sold Walker in his prime.

People this very summer went full turbo backing Poch when he said keeping Eriksen was our summer priority.
They got what they wanted.....because Poch is always right to them.

But suddenly now the club fucked us by not selling him two years ago under Pochs feet.
I think we lack strategy. And it's not up to the manager to decide this strategy. Something like. If a player has 2 years left on his contact. Her gets until July 15th to sign a new contact (if we want him), if he don't. We sell. If the manager and the transfer team has identified a gap. The team presents Levy (or a DoF) with 5 alternatives (of course with a priority list) and the one responsible for negotiating makes the best deal he's can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom