Watford Away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kante is a physical presence. Sissoko isn’t, he’s just physically big. It’s useless if you don’t tackle much, press much and can’t play football.

Again, Sissoko’s been out there when we’ve been bullied and/or at home by teams like Newcastle, away by teams like Woolwich, Brighton, Watford home, SheffUtd home, Chelsea home, Southampton away

A long list of games, many of them against supposedly inferior teams where his physically has made fuck all difference.

We do need some physicality but it needs to be attached to some tenacity and game brain. We don’t just need a big stupid person. That’s partly how we’ve got ourselves in this fucking funk. Mistaking unit for useful.

The difference between Kante and Sissoko explained in pictures.

oil_tanker_turning_open_seab-HUGE.jpg
recreational-boat-excellent-turning_485_364_60.jpg

Dele opens up chances with unpredictable touches and flicks. His audacity leads to goals.
Everyone else does everything as you'd expect.

occasionally that’s true, but a much larger percentage of the time his “unpredictable touches and flicks” kill moves and result in chances to build something being squandered.

The trouble is, most of our team don’t do what you’d expect either. I’d expect Moura to be able to get his head up and complete a simple pass instead of running into a sea of legs most of the time, I’d expect a player like Son who can dribble past a whole team and then dink the keeper, would be able to hit the target from 8 yards. I’d expect Lemala to have learned to not keep wasting great chances because he can only touch the ball with one foot.

We desperately need someone up there who is capable of something composed and expected.

Mendes goal from the halfway line statistically didn’t cross the line and the history books say 0-0.

Did it cross the line?
We aren't talking about the Mendes shot-on-goal. We are talking about Lamela's shot on goal that was rightfully ruled 'no goal' by GLT and was recorded as a shot on goal instead of an actual goal because it did not cross the goal line between the goalposts.. The crossing of the goal line is not determinative for our matters Sammy. The fact that it would have crossed the line between the goalposts were it not for a defenders intervention is where you should be placing your focus.

And c'mon Sammy! Don't try and pull that banana-in-the-tailpipe mess with me. You can't just change subjects and think I'm some kinda goldfish. But if I were I would prolly say what about 1966? Suck it, Sammy!

To believe that you are either blind, stupid, or fake!
Dear me. Vertonghen stopped it with his hand which was about level with his face.

It was a penalty. Oliver was 10m away and it was upheld by VAR. Oh no, hang on, refs and VAR are part of the conspiracy against Spurs.

I suppose ours were penalties? (they weren't). More evidence of a conspiracy.

Remember there is currently only one team in the PL that are victims - we don't want to become the second.

I’m so fucking over this dead rotten carcass of a team that Jose has been left with.
You mean the team that Jose eagerly signed onto and more than likely, as he has in all of his recent appointments, back-channeled to undermine Poch in order to get? Yeah, fuck him. The dino thinks most are spectacular players, even your boy Dele. I've no doubt you've been Stockholmed Sammy but for some of us our psychological defenses are slightly more impregnable. You and the rest of the Vichy Spurs supporters are gonna take a lashing if this continues. Suck it, Sammy!

You mean the team that Jose eagerly signed onto and more than likely, as he has in all of his recent appointments, back-channeled to undermine Poch in order to get? Yeah, fuck him. The dino thinks most are spectacular players, even your boy Dele. I've no doubt you've been Stockholmed Sammy but for some of us our psychological defenses are slightly more impregnable. You and the rest of the Vichy Spurs supporters are gonna take a lashing if this continues. Suck it, Sammy!
Of course he signed because this is Tottenham Hotspur right now.
Any manager would have had to inherit this team.
That’s a scenario we are ALL stuck with, and celebrating it because you think Poch would have done a better job just makes you look like your priorities are all wrong.

Things we worse before Jose came. Deny it all you want but from where I’m standing we are 7 places higher and can still make 4th and are in two cups.
Just signed a new player and brought through an academy, while Eriksen is finally leaving and Lo Celso and Lamela are playing more and more.

Im happy to get some more players in, and watch the re build over the summer with a ore season. Some of you are a little to eager to enjoy Jose’s “failure”........you were screaming about it after his first game.

Poch will NEVER manage this club ever again.
If this is how you people are going to treat every manager we ever have, you may as well just piss off now.

Of course he signed because this is Tottenham Hotspur right now.
Any manager would have had to inherit this team.
That’s a scenario we are ALL stuck with, and celebrating it because you think Poch would have done a better job just makes you look like your priorities are all wrong.

Things we worse before Jose came. Deny it all you want but from where I’m standing we are 7 places higher and can still make 4th and are in two cups.
Just signed a new player and brought through an academy, while Eriksen is finally leaving and Lo Celso and Lamela are playing more and more.

Im happy to get some more players in, and watch the re build over the summer with a ore season. Some of you are a little to eager to enjoy Jose’s “failure”........you were screaming about it after his first game.

Poch will NEVER manage this club ever again.
If this is how you people are going to treat every manager we ever have, you may as well just piss off now.
Blah, blah, blah. It's a good thing you are writing this Sammy as I imagine you would have a tough time saying it with the whole of Mou's cock in your mouth. Hard to think critically with balls slapping against your chin I guess.

Blah, blah, blah. It's a good thing you are writing this Sammy as I imagine you would have a tough time saying it with the whole of Mou's cock in your mouth. Hard to think critically with balls slapping against your chin I guess.
You’ve chosen not to give him a chance with his own team and feel 12 weeks after taking over mid season is fair assessment .

I told you people before you’re Poch fans not Spurs fans. The proof is clear.

You have John Thomas claiming Poch has done more in the game recently than Poch despite four years ago Jose winning the EL and CC then taking 18 months off.

No the important thing is that if the stats and history books are your gospel, then you must think Mendes didn’t cross the line
Still not our point of contention Sammy. Our point of contention is whether or not lamela's shot-on-goal was indeed a SOG. And by extension why you persist in ignoring/contradicting facts and evidence right before your eyes? SOGs is where we are debating Sammy. Should we start calling them Sammy-shots now as well?

You’ve chosen not to give him a chance with his own team
Whether or not I "give him a chance" matters not Sammy. The facts are that he has a chance because he is indeed the current manager of Spurs. My feelings have nothing to do with it. See Sammy I admit the facts right before my eyes. You should try it.

feel 12 weeks after taking over mid season is fair assessment .
Stop putting words in my mouth Sammy.

I told you people before you’re Poch fans not Spurs fans. The proof is clear.
Oh, so as someone that has harangued the gatekeeping 'real fanz' on here in the past you are now the one with the purity test huh? No one is a realz in the support as you Sammy! Nice. No Sunday is complete without a bit of horseshit hypocrisy. Thank you Sammy my day is complete.

You have John Thomas claiming Poch has done more in the game recently than Poch despite four years ago Jose winning the EL and CC then taking 18 months off.
My opinion has nothing to do with John Thomas John Thomas . He is a good poster with his own opinion which I respect and may even agree with quite frequently...or not but that is a decision made entirely in my head.

Watch this Sammy. I'm 'bout to do some Sammy-reasoning here:
So you to support Mou like you do right Sammy? Then you enjoy this football we are playing don't you? Sammy likes this football we're playing.

What was Dele about yesterday? Angry antics being subbed! It didn't look good on TV. He should grow up, Poch spoiled him.
I think Jose has shown Dele is in his plans but his performances hasn't been good, though he was OK yesterday, his passing wasn't spot on. I think Jose is being patient with him but won't if carries on like this.
He gave my mate's Son his shirt after the game (and the kid didn't even have to write a fucking "GIVE ME YOUR SHIRT" begging placard!

I'm not surprised though, I reckon Dele couldn't WAIT to get rid of it!

Back
Top Bottom