Watford Away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would people genuinely rather see us miss out on the Europa League? I know it comes with ball ache etc but it's still Europe, still gives us a way of qualifying for the Champions League and sad to say for those agains that it does come as reward when winning a domestic cup.

For those that don't want Europa, I can only assume you're anti winning the FA Cup or any trophy that isn't the PL and Champions League for that matter as well

Yes it’s another tournament I’d like us to win and the bonus of qualifying for the CL of course

Yes it’s another tournament I’d like us to win and the bonus of qualifying for the CL of course

Winning it in it's own right would be an incredible achievement. I do find it odd that some of our fans are now entitled enough to think we're above it. It's a very Premier League attitude.

Would people genuinely rather see us miss out on the Europa League? I know it comes with ball ache etc but it's still Europe, still gives us a way of qualifying for the Champions League and sad to say for those agains that it does come as reward when winning a domestic cup.

For those that don't want Europa, I can only assume you're anti winning the FA Cup or any trophy that isn't the PL and Champions League for that matter as well
No. I would love us to win domestic cups. I think we could make a better run at the FA without Europa League. Jose will be trying to create a new team and maybe fewer distractions might help. My opinion.

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. More ineptitude on offense. Can’t blame defense with a clean sheet. Granted Watford are an improved side lately, but one would expect all 3 away to a relegation team. Can’t say I’d put this on being Kaneless either.

2. Passing remains disjointed, spastic, and difficult to watch. To me it looks like we’re either passing way too soon, not allowing the run off the ball to develop, or way too late not seeing the early runs. Hit and hope.

3. Why is Eriksen playing?

4. Liked what I saw from Fernandes. He big and fast with decent foot skills.

5. Son, Lamela, Lucas, LeCelso, all show good energy, just not getting the proper end result.

6. We’re a world class middle third team, but suffer immensely from ”boxiphobia” once in the final third. Dele is the champion of this disease.

7. Nice save from Gaz, he needs a confidence boost.

8. Thought Tanganga did OK, not understanding why he’s getting so much stick.

9. Fuck goal line technology

:dembelefingers:
'Defence'.......and.....'spastic'.....really??

Last edited:
Winning it in it's own right would be an incredible achievement. I do find it odd that some of our fans are now entitled enough to think we're above it. It's a very Premier League attitude.

I like the Europa League. I like seeing us play teams where we can dominate. I like the variety of teams. I like the later stages and ties against the likes of Napoli and Fiorentina.

Don't get people that mug it off.

Get in it and win the fucker.... Let's not act all billy big bollocks about it.

Last edited:
No. I would love us to win domestic cups. I think we could make a better run at the FA without Europa League. Jose will be trying to create a new team and maybe fewer distractions might help. My opinion.

EL is surely more prestigious than the FA or LC?

8. Thought Tanganga did OK, not understanding why he’s getting so much stick.

Because he was being skinned over and over again by Saar.

Why can't we play players in the positions they were brought up to play in, coached in and played a thousand times in? (Before you start quoting those that have been a success transitioning to a new position - most don't) . Whatever Tanganga is, he isn't a left back.

Brainless tactics and play. Moura as a false 9 who had to contend with balls coming down from the sky with snow on and the Watford giants at CB. Not a hope!

Lots of rose-tinted views here. No-one had even a reasonably good game. There was universal terribleness (as there has been for months).

Oh and they missed a penalty!

The job of rebuilding this team is monumental and will take several windows and several hundred million pounds.

Additionally, I'm not sure Kane will want to play in a mid-table side for whom Everton, West Ham and Wolves are competition.

Today was the first match in ages that I haven’t watched live. Opinions would indicate that wasn’t an unfortunate position.

I do think we need to hang in there. It’s not quite coming together but, apart from Redknapp, it rarely does too quickly with a new manager.

This Mou episode reminds me a bit of Poch’s first season. We’ve got a decent set of young minds and experience in Mou’s backroom staff, and it will take time to land the messages - and recruit the talent.

Mou needs our backing 100% IMHO. We will not find a better management team anywhere right now. We can grow and evolve together, but we have to accept that this season is an “anything positive is a huge bonus” season.

A point at Watford right now is OK. Not great. Not a disaster. Things will click and new players are coming through.

Keep the faith.

COYS.

I like the Europa League. I like seeing us play teams where we can dominate. I like the variety of teams. I like the later stages and ties against the likes of Napoli and Fiorentina.

Don't get people that mug it off.
Because it's an awful competition that forces you to play Thursdays and Sundays ,and travel to and from places like Azerbaijan and Outer Mongolia.

We been there before!

If find it pretty funny that a year ago, Kane was injured in January.

99% of people were against signing a striker.
A new RB would fix everything back then.

What’s changed for you people who laughed last January at those who wanted one
Kane isn't quite the same player in terms of where he wants to play on the pitch. Neither for that matter is Sonny. The former is probably more permanent than the latter.

Because he was being skinned over and over again by Saar.

Why can't we play players in the positions they were brought up to play in, coached in and played a thousand times in? (Before you start quoting those that have been a success transitioning to a new position - most don't) . Whatever Tanganga is, he isn't a left back.

Brainless tactics and play. Moura as a false 9 who had to contend with balls coming down from the sky with snow on and the Watford giants at CB. Not a hope!

Lots of rose-tinted views here. No-one had even a reasonably good game. There was universal terribleness (as there has been for months).

Oh and they missed a penalty!

The job of rebuilding this team is monumental and will take several windows and several hundred million pounds.

Additionally, I'm not sure Kane will want to play in a mid-table side for whom Everton, West Ham and Wolves are competition.

When ENIC eventually cash in on Kane, which I am certain they will if he wishes to leave because of the lack of ambition shown by the owners, it will be justified by his recent record of injuries and some of the money will be reinvested as to make people feel better about it.

Make no mistake, without Kane we will be significantly weaker, I don't think many clubs in world football would turn down Kane coming to them, if any.

Back
Top Bottom