Watford Away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the last couple of league games I’ve seen some good improvement compared to the rancid shit that was the Southampton game.

We competed well against Liverpool and Watford in very difficult circumstances with our injuries and could have taken 6 points from both with the chances we had. The squad needs to recover some injured players and add a striker, if we can do that we can start winning games again. We are getting closer to the level of intensity we need.
We've been creating chances we just aren't finishing them. Defense has been a bigger problem than offense the last 3 games even though we've only given up two goals, we are giving up really good chances. DM is the most important need right now.

EOke1S2WAAErCSc

Overall a decent result. On another day could have nicked it 1-0, didn’t get the rub of the green in the first half with the penalty shout and possible red card then the shot cleared off the line near the end.
A clean sheet is always a plus, had it been a 1-0 win today that would have been an excellent result.
Enough positives for Mourinho to be pleased about overall.

Well on the bright side, clean sheet! I think this is a win overall, hear me out.

I’m thinking our offensive impotence wasnt the worst thing and Jose should be smiling after that. He gets to go to management and say “we can’t even score against Watford, give us something.”
If we’d have pressed and put home 3 goals there would be no motivation for Levi to pry open the wallet and sign someone.
I’m hoping this game is the last kick in the arse to get some talent in here.

I actually thought most of the lads did well today and we could’ve/should’ve won. Lack of a number 9 always gonna impact us.

However based on the match day squad i.e. not factoring is players we could/should get, I think Mourinho set us up wrong.
Alli, GLC, Son, Lucas and Lamela ALL 5 attacking players. Having one of them on the bench replaced by Skipp/Dier as a DM I believe would have allowed the other 4 to play better. Moreover as the game wore on we’d have had another attacking sub to bring on.
That said, I don’t have a gazillion trophies to my name so will defer to Jose!

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. More ineptitude on offense. Can’t blame defense with a clean sheet. Granted Watford are an improved side lately, but one would expect all 3 away to a relegation team. Can’t say I’d put this on being Kaneless either.

2. Passing remains disjointed, spastic, and difficult to watch. To me it looks like we’re either passing way too soon, not allowing the run off the ball to develop, or way too late not seeing the early runs. Hit and hope.

3. Why is Eriksen playing?

4. Liked what I saw from Fernandes. He big and fast with decent foot skills.

5. Son, Lamela, Lucas, LeCelso, all show good energy, just not getting the proper end result.

6. We’re a world class middle third team, but suffer immensely from ”boxiphobia” once in the final third. Dele is the champion of this disease.

7. Nice save from Gaz, he needs a confidence boost.

8. Thought Tanganga did OK, not understanding why he’s getting so much stick.

9. Fuck goal line technology

:dembelefingers:

Goal-line tech is a GOOD thing.... It works.

You're just sounding silly.
You're sounding silly! :mourloopy::pritchardeyes:

...but yes, it IS a good thing (I'm not looking for a fight!) I'm just frustrated it WASN'T there when we coulda done with it at OT!
In fact, we didn't NEED GL tech on that occasion, just EYESIGHT!

In Tromso, Norway at -13 degrees?

Would people genuinely rather see us miss out on the Europa League? I know it comes with ball ache etc but it's still Europe, still gives us a way of qualifying for the Champions League and sad to say for those agains that it does come as reward when winning a domestic cup.

For those that don't want Europa, I can only assume you're anti winning the FA Cup or any trophy that isn't the PL and Champions League for that matter as well

Back
Top Bottom