Levy out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy Out?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure. On the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Another banner of protest unveiled last night

EOVfr0yX4AAsglj

Not that I would endorse such a statement, but there does seem to be some growing unrest among the fanbase

Another banner of protest unveiled last night

EOVfr0yX4AAsglj

Not that I would endorse such a statement, but there does seem to be some growing unrest among the fanbase

I think it’s just a few ungrateful people who think they are owed something. I’m not quite sure what they want from ENIC. They aren’t Man City‘s owners and they have made mistakes, who hasn’t, they run the club like every other team. They spend what the club earns. It’s all in the club accounts, but I expect the banner people haven’t read them. Of course, I’m happy to be proved wrong.

I think it’s just a few ungrateful people who think they are owed something. I’m not quite sure what they want from ENIC. They aren’t Man City‘s owners and they have made mistakes, who hasn’t, they run the club like every other team. They spend what the club earns. It’s all in the club accounts, but I expect the banner people haven’t read them. Of course, I’m happy to be proved wrong.
Like I said, a bit harsh as there have been plenty of memories over the last 20 years, albeit a lack of trophies.
But surely you can understand the frustrations.
We spend less on our squad than all our rivals in proportion so we're not run like every other club like you claim

D3dp1vlWwAEYivh

And a lot of supporters are still smarting from the zero investment in 2 successive transfer windows when we were so close, resulting in the dramatic decline we've witnessed since.

If it's a great business model that gets you moist though, nobody can argue they've done a grand job.

I think that hits the nail on the head. So many of the Spurs supporters I know here in the US have been upset at ENIC for one thing or another, and when asked to go in depth about it, they mention things like "Man City is spending more than we are, and if we don't get (place random £100m player or players here), we won't keep up with them", and get upset when it doesn't happen. There's this growing belief among sports fans that if one club can do something, every other one can, and they are failures if they don't.
I have the same issues when speaking with the fanbase of my favorite baseball team. Half of them want us to spend like the Yankees, despite the fact that the Yankees make 5X more. They get upset because we don't sign a superstar every season. So they blame the front office, and the team actually loses fans every season because they don't have the financial avenues that someone else might have. The sad part of this is that for the last few at least, my team has regularly outperformed the Yankees, even with 20% of the income, yet fans are still upset. It's disturbing how few fans actually understand the business side of things.

Like I said, a bit harsh as there have been plenty of memories over the last 20 years, albeit a lack of trophies.
We spend less on our squad than all our rivals in proportion so we're not run like every other team like you claim

D3dp1vlWwAEYivh

And a lot of supporters are still smarting from the zero investment in 2 successive transfer windows when we were so close, resulting in the dramatic decline we've witnessed since.

If it's a great business model that gets you moist though, nobody can argue they've done a grand job.

Its easy to pick bits to support your argument now that we are in a transition phase.

You havnt had much to moan at over the last 5 years so fill your boots. Callyourself a supporter?

We spend less on our squad than all our rivals in proportion so we're not run like every other team like you claim

D3dp1vlWwAEYivh

I'd like to add that in 2017-18, and last season as well, we had a stadium coming, and with all the complications that came with that, ENIC needed to protect themselves from overspending because no one knew exactly how much the stadium was going to cost us in the end. They kept money back for protection, and in the end, they definitely needed some of that. We spent in the summer, and I expect us to do the same going forward. We know wages are going to be going up, and not by a little. Where wages of £100k per week were a rarity a couple of years ago, I think we'll see several players on £150k or more by the end of next season.

We spend less on our squad than all our rivals in proportion so we're not run like every other club like you claim

D3dp1vlWwAEYivh

But we spent less because we were building a billion quid stadium. Anyone who believed that wasn’t going to effect transfers was soft in the head. That includes our managers.

The summer 2018 transfer window was an absolute joke. I’m sure the reasons for it have been done to death on here and as I’ve said it turns out everyone was to blame for it. What worries me most about that window is that I’ve seen little evidence that we’ve learnt from it and it is going to take us a while to recover from it.

D3dp1vlWwAEYivh

I really don't understand any of your argument at all, does Levy simply just shit a training ground and a stadium out for fun at no expense? Does he take the decision to rebuild the stadium on the original site as the old one simply for fun in one of the most important capitals in the world? The extra expense, the mindboggling logistics of such a massive project deserves applause alone but what does he get "ah the bald cunt didn't even make the time line". The absolute ignorance of some of our fans is astounding at times, you would probably have difficulty with a fucking lego build.

We have been playing catch up ever since the PL came into force, years of under investment and lack of updated infrastructure, lack of building a brand that will pull in investment. This is what Levy has been doing and doing it well, we will never truly compete at the top of the table without it, and that's a simple fact. I hear people clambering for a big bank roller, look up the facts there has been many more failures by rich takeovers than winners. Then I hear "oh but look at Liverpool, their owners are awesome", they took over at a club who already had a brand, who already had a global following. Levy and Enic have on the most part been progressive but of course yes they have made mistakes. We could have been in a shite sight worse position than we are now.

Oh and don't give me the history we have and compare it to football now, its nothing like it. You simply can't have continued success without massive commercial interest.

John Thomas John Thomas Poch got us to finals and semi finals and we simply as a team choked, nothing to do with investment, simply due to a team that either lost their heads, see the Chelsea games or simply bottled it.

You make a valid point . My frustrations with them is not spending money we don’t have .
It’s the ridiculous amount of managers that we have gone through under them, not backing the very few decent ones when the ask for it, and not backing them with what they want. Also the treatment of those decent managers . The ridiculous posturing in the transfer market, the team has always and will always come last under them.

But we spent less because we were building a billion quid stadium. Anyone who believed that wasn’t going to effect transfers was soft in the head. That includes our managers.

The summer 2018 transfer window was an absolute joke. I’m sure the reasons for it have been done to death on here and as I’ve said it turns out everyone was to blame for it. What worries me most about that window is that I’ve seen little evidence that we’ve learnt from it and it is going to take us a while to recover from it.
In real terms we actually spend more than all but the top five ... but because we saw the biggest increase in revenue in our clubs history, wages percentage to income obviously dropped. That's good news it means we can spend a lot more on players than we could three years ago ... so who didn't know that spending 850m on a stadium would have that effect?

If we just cut our income to West Ham levels we'd be top of the % charts .... how about doing that JT?

average-epl-salary-by-team.jpg

The absolute ignorance of some of our fans is astounding at times, you would probably have difficulty with a fucking lego build.
You have to be ignorant to be a football fan though. We profit from & advertise Nike who have an awful slave labour & child slave labour past. But best not to think about that & be ignorant to that fact. After all, we need someone to make our kit & we profit from using them.

You have to be ignorant to be a football fan though. We profit from & advertise Nike who have an awful slave labour & child slave labour past. But best not to think about that & be ignorant to that fact. After all, we need someone to make our kit & we profit from using them.

I think you will find most global multi national companies do. Own a VW or a Boss item of clothing sure they worked for Hitler? Buy petrol from BP or any Oil processor your poisoning the planet? Vote Labour during Blair's tenure, your supporting a PM who quite possibly was involved in war crimes illedgidly.

I don't see what that has to do with ENIC however, simply the world we live in.

Back
Top Bottom