FA Cup - Middlesbrough (H)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because there's a large amount of twat in him that rises to the surface in moments of pressure, causing him to try something different, when all he needs to do is poke the ball in the fucking net.
Harsh, he would have got the call to leave it and opted for that option.
Fact is Son should have been expecting that, stood flat...

Very disappointed in Dele at the end.
You chose to take an awkward shot instead of doing the easy pass to your teammate to score.
Do you play for the team or for your ego? i know the answer.

WTF - Came on for five minutes to see out the game never gave possession away once ... not sure what else you were expecting, a hat-trick, goal-line clearance, what?

How did we not have this wrapped up by half time? Just knew we would end up sweating it out the last ten minutes. As others have mentioned - Gio, Erik and Japhet were great and Ryan did ok.
Just glad to get through to the next round, hopefully unscathed. Need to keep these players fit and playing, they added so much energy.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I thought Dier played the best game he's played in ages.

Still not back to his best but certainly improving on where he was.

Loving GLC right up until that moment that he passes (badly). A real star in the making.

Should have been 4-0 up in first half.

We clearly took our foot off the gas in the second half but, overall, I thought it was a hugely positive performance, especially for Gio, Lamela, Sess and Tanganga as many have mentioned. The first half saw us play some really tidy football with good passing, movement and interplay. Even CE looked decent for a few minutes. I think people maybe don’t realise how bad the conditions were so it’s not that surprising that it was difficult defending high balls or that there were errors too.

Great to see a good turnout. Crucially, Tottenham Star played a blinder with their lamb shish tonight too, to cap off my Tottenham Experience. Thank God we’re still at (N) WHL.

Up the Spurs!

EDIT: should add that Lucas put in another superb shift, working his arse off, pressing, chasing, running and creating. I really like how he’s progressing under Mou.

Last edited:
A lot of things need to be improved, but I think this is a step in the right direction. We could have scored waey more and their goal came after an error from Gazza. We're work in progress, but things seem to be getting better.

If you cunts start calling Tanganga ''JT'', I swear on God almighty, I'ma lose it.

giphy.gif
It's got to be Tango, doesn't it?

Really liked our setup.
Overloaded the midfield, made it much easier to pass through midfield than lumping it.

GLC and lamela added good pressure up the field by pressing. But the off the ball running by GLC, lamela, Lucas, Eriksen and Sess was refreshing. I want to see that every game now. Also the base of Winks and Dier allowed the forward players to just go and play.

Expecting to see that on Saturday

Official attendance (that's bums on seats not tickets sold) 49,202 the attendance figure for our last home FA Cup replay at Wembley was 38,947 (2-0 v Newport) so a pretty good effort for a wet Tuesday in January.

Those die-hard never miss a game fans at Newcastle? just under 27,000 ....

Back
Top Bottom