January 2020 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's mid-table? 2019 was our worst stretch of form in a decade and we still finished on a 7th place pace for the calendar year.

Mid-table for me 8-13. So worst run of form we were almost mid-table.

Not calling you out, specifically, but 500 quid is quite a lot so let's get the specifics right.

:sonpoint:
Wouldn't mid-table = teams not in Euro spots (objective) and those not in relegation fight (somewhat subjective). So depending on FA Cup winner 7-14ish would seem right.

Wouldn't mid-table = teams not in Euro spots (objective) and those not in relegation fight (somewhat subjective). So depending on FA Cup winner 7-14ish would seem right.
Ya, more or less. Now-a-days I always assume the FA and League Cups will go to one of the top 7 teams so that's why I started at 8.

Top 7, Middle 6, Bottom 7.

And that is why, presumably, you took Stanley's War and Peace, and promptly truncated it so that it could fit on a car bumper sticker for your 4-litre gas guzzler. You're down in the dirt with everyone else, you filthy Pharisee.
:vertna:

What's mid-table? 2019 was our worst stretch of form in a decade and we still finished on a 7th place pace for the calendar year.

Mid-table for me 8-13. So worst run of form we were almost mid-table.

Not calling you out, specifically, but 500 quid is quite a lot so let's get the specifics right.

:sonpoint:
Mid table 8th to 12th in my book

I have no doubts the lowest we’ll finish is 6th

Mid table 8th to 12th in my book

I have no doubts the lowest we’ll finish is 6th
Another self-serving argument here Sammy. Surely if a team lands in 7th and gets NO Euro place they are mid-table. What you are doing is like a boxer hiking his belt up to his shoulders because you made that bet. No European place = midtable.

Another self-serving argument here Sammy. Surely if a team lands in 7th and gets NO Euro place they are mid-table. What you are doing is like a boxer hiking his belt up to his shoulders because you made that bet. No European place = midtable.
So by your standards 16th is also mid table because you didn’t go down?

Take 7th I don’t give a fuck I just said we’d finish at least 6th anyway

So by your standards 16th is also mid table because you didn’t go down?

Take 7th I don’t give a fuck I just said we’d finish at least 6th anyway
I've explained that already Sammy but focus on my point. No European football = midtable (for the topend threshold). For the bottom end threshold it is kinda arbitrary/subjective as to which team was not in the relegation fight.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLll GLC!!!!!

Suck it Sammy. J/K Sammy you're my boy and that's why I like picking fights with you. So stop getting carded you prick.

Would this even be classed as a step up? No Champions League football, in a league dominated by Juventus, not as much money and a slow league.

To me it seems he’s jumped at the first opportunity after not having the offers he thought he’d get and burning bridges at Spurs.

Would this even be classed as a step up? No Champions League football, in a league dominated by Juventus, not as much money and a slow league.

To me it seems he’s jumped at the first opportunity after not having the offers he thought he’d get and burning bridges at Spurs.

Think his form has severely narrowed his options

10mil! Take it! Take it! Take it!Take it!Take it!
I wouldn’t have said that 2 months ago but it’s not like his form is getting us any higher offers and he’s gone in the summer whether with his shield or on it.

Inter deserve a bit more credit than given, and it’s not likely Spurs will be Champions League next year and Liverpoo and Shity will dominate for years to come. Sideways perhaps, certainly a move I would personally make if I wanted to change though.

one thing I would like to point out is that Levy’s been out foxed if he goes for so little or nothing, I am confident that he was trying to get huge money and has a lot of egg on his face now.

He clearly wanted to go to one of the two Spanish giants, perhaps for lifestyle reasons, and he's going to end up going to a place that has similar weather to London and is an inferior league. He's backed himself into a corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom