Gedson Fernandes

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From the highlights this guy does the same thing Skipp does well. I'm not understanding this loan move. Does Mou like him more because he is taller? They are both unproven as Skipp really hasn't had much PL experience. Very odd

He runs with the ball much more than Skill does, but I get your point. The only other thing to add is that he does have more first team minutes under his belt.

Agreed.. but what's the point in a 'maybe' signing who may end up being crap with an extortionate purchase clause... at this price you would expect the signing to be first team quality.
Or he turns out to be really good and we are happy to pay £50m for him in the summer of 2021 (it's up to us, if we don't think he is good enough, we won't buy him), it's impossible for anyone to tell how this one will play out, but you already seem to have an awful lot of worries about this construction.

Last edited:
I have watched this kid numerous times, I used to believe he was going to be a top talent and we would sign him in the future, however he seems to have levelled out a bit tbh.

He is struggling to even get into the Benfica team (7 games this season with 0 goals 0 assists) let alone the CL or PL and the step up that's going to require.

Only clubs that have been linked with him in recent years are Everton and West Ham.

It seems to me that he is only being signed because of the injury to Sissoko, he is essentially a like for like replacement for him but I think Sissoko is a better player tbh.

Personally for anyone getting excited about him from YouTube clips I would say, lower your expectations.

Let's just hope our scouts know something everyone else doesn't and he has some untapped future potential, maybe Mourinho can bring the best out of him.
As long as he's got Sissokos trampoline touch and row Z shot I'm happy

Agreed.. but what's the point in a 'maybe' signing who may end up being crap with an extortionate purchase clause... at this price you would expect the signing to be first team quality.
Like we did with NDombele you mean? Thats been 67 million well spent so far hasn't it..
Why is anyone getting pissed off with us signing a 21 year old Portugal international midfielder on loan for buttons for 18 months with his release clause DOUBLE what we would get him for end of next season without having even seen the cunt play??
I am sure us and Chelsea had our reasons for wanting him - give him a chance ffs

Back
Top Bottom