FA Cup 3rd Rd - Middlesbrough F.C. Vs Tottenham, Sun 5th Jan.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Controlled possession and we’re camped in their half, didn’t have the creativity to break them down which was annoying, but the overall performance was fine

2 individual errors for their goal, Vertonghen losing his man and Dier not stepping up even though he’s looking directly at the situation unfolding

not the end of the world, in fact probably the best we’ve played in a month

Maybe Parrott but it’s a big ask to play a 17 year old in a side that’s already underperforming. I just struggle with people who blame the manager when he hasn’t had a summer to shame the squad in the way he wants. If you’re gonna blame someone, blame levy for not backing poch in previous windows.
You have a point as we are creating shit most of the game, but that's more due to the options picked in Alli and Eriksen. Pretty sure if we started Lamela and Lo Celso we could have won this as the difference was outrageous when they came on. But I'm only sure we shouldn't have started Dele and Eriksen.

I can think of one geezer who'll be happy with the draw

giphy.gif
phew lucky there, move on . At least we will see Keane and Woody back at the Lane and their supporters will have the chance to sample our beer. Now come on Everton ,do the biz on that bunch of diving cheats

Controlled possession and we’re camped in their half, didn’t have the creativity to break them down which was annoying, but the overall performance was fine

2 individual errors for their goal, Vertonghen losing his man and Dier not stepping up even though he’s looking directly at the situation unfolding

They are a championship side mate can't get too excited about that.

GLC looks like a frightened little mouse
The same GLC who played the through ball for Serge to cross to Moura, and earlier played the same delicate ball only for Son to mess up, GLC who won 5 tackles out of 5, 2 interceptions, 3 successful take ons out of 3, and a 92% pass success rate?
Or there is another one?

That last sentence is damning with faint praise.

Boro were woeful. Their best player was playing out of position due to injuries, and still was better than anything we had.

Their right winger was one of the worst player's I've seen play professionally.

Good thread today everyone. Enjoyed it muchly while watching a challenging game. Slight downside of 2 respected posters having a match long bicker but I guess it happens. Thanks to the rest of you though...particularly loved lamelas blu-tak muscles...made me chortle...

...Cos passing alone doesn't amount to much; neither does possession without meaningful penetration.

Add to that the caliber of opposition and I think it's obvious where opinions of "wank" come from.

But the passing wasn’t all “pointless” it was just frequently rendered pointless by Alli, Moura and Son’s bumbling, flicking and inability to play simple passes.

That’s still less wank than some of the gutless, clueless, long ball shit we’ve played of late.

Back
Top Bottom