Norwich away - 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just seen the MOTD analysis.

Both Norwich goals shown, neither Tottenham goal even mentioned...

Norwich's contentious disallowed goal analysed and discussed, the handball that could have resulted in Norwich going down to ten men not even mentioned...

I'm not saying we played well but (for fuck's sake!!) goals and potential red cards are key events and should be mentioned!!!

Hard to blame him he won the ball and it bounced kindly to another player. Aurier was the one who played Pukki onside then somehow couldn't jump over the ball and passed it into the net

I'm one of his biggest defenders on here but his decision making in that goal was piss poor.

I don't think the goal happens either way if we actually had a DM though.

What was Toby doing, initially ball watching, then instead of cleaning out the danger, he pokes the ball back towards goal?

But hey, what's a game without Dav being at fault.

Toby was at fault too.

My point was more that a Foyth thread will get bumped because they scored a goal after Foyth got elbowed in the face and lost the ball, despite Norwich still having to run 15 yards towards goal unapposed and Gazzaniga basically letting it past him yet when Sanchez (and Toby/Vert too) make errors almost on a weekly basis, they get half the stick.

Toby was at fault too.
Toby is weak, he was truly shit at the first goal letting the player get to 12 yards out without any pressure, shit at the disallowed goal and shit at the second. He was also shit at the early chance where the guy just waltzed past him and Gazza saved us,

Toby is weak, he was truly shit at the first goal letting the player get to 12 yards out without any pressure, shit at the disallowed goal and shit at the second. He was also shit at the early chance where the guy just waltzed past him and Gazza saved us,

At present, none of our centre backs are good enough.

Though their lack of support probably plays a part in that. It's 14/15 all over again where our defence has no cover.

At present, none of our centre backs are good enough.

Though their lack of support probably plays a part in that. It's 14/15 all over again where our defence has no cover.
But we've just handed out a massive contract to one of them that basically guarantees him playing time regardless.

Dav is our best defender by some distance, hasn't done much wrong, but when he doesn't it's noticable. Jan is finished, Foyth may need a run, but is unlikely to get it. Tanganga could be the answer, but it's truly unlikely we'll ever find out.

This squad of players peaked two years ago and no player brought in since has had an impact worthy of a semi on a cold day......Jose has work to do and if he still has the fire in his belly he will soon separate the chaff from the wheat, and Jose won’t accept a cheap squad player to replace them with, it will be quality all the way.....all in all it’s going to take him two windows and I for one can’t wait to shake this place up a little Jose style!!

I'm one of his biggest defenders on here but his decision making in that goal was piss poor.

I don't think the goal happens either way if we actually had a DM though.

Still mate if Aurier could hold his line and not jog back that doesn't happen. Dav was a big reason they didn't get a sniff second half he's been a new player under Mou

Toby was at fault too.

My point was more that a Foyth thread will get bumped because they scored a goal after Foyth got elbowed in the face and lost the ball, despite Norwich still having to run 15 yards towards goal unapposed and Gazzaniga basically letting it past him yet when Sanchez (and Toby/Vert too) make errors almost on a weekly basis, they get half the stick.
Sanchez earlier this season was getting blame for being shit at right back when the goals came from the other side of the pitch. Too many are stuck in 2016 and think Jan, Toby and of course Jose are the force they were then.

At least one of them is finished, the other two are riding reputations.

Sanchez earlier this season was getting blame for being shit at right back when the goals came from the other side of the pitch. Too many are stuck in 2016 and think Jan, Toby and of course Jose are the force they were then.

At least one of them is finished, the other two are riding reputations.

Yep, found myself defending him a lot earlier in the season simply because of people living in the past.

Luckily people are starting to cotton on to the fact Vertonghen is done and Toby is getting there.

Yep, found myself defending him a lot earlier in the season simply because of people living in the past.

Luckily people are starting to cotton on to the fact Vertonghen is done and Toby is getting there.
You will be aware I was first spotting Toby's drop in levels, you yourself argued that with me.

I get Jose wanted to work with Toby, but that contract was unreal. Like something out of football manager when you are desperate to get a player. No way with that contract will he not play.

Jan has been fantastic, but he is not the player he was, and at present I'd love Davies to be healthy and available.

Was concerned with the line up but why do we give away so many goals when it is rare for opposition defenders to give us goals? This reminded me of several years ago when it seemed that every time we had the opportunity to make top 4 we fucked it up.
There were some good performances Eriksen, Ndombele, lo celso, Lamela but also some disappointing performances, Foyth, I hoped he had got out of those mistakes, Aurier how could he not divert it for a corner, Sess was disappointing for not doing enough.
We really need a RB and DM but all the indications are we will not get them.
Our 2nd half performance deserved a victory but we cannot keep making these mistakes at the back. Need to play either Winks, Sissoko or Dier in Cm but not 2 of them or none of them.

This squad of players peaked two years ago and no player brought in since has had an impact worthy of a semi on a cold day......Jose has work to do and if he still has the fire in his belly he will soon separate the chaff from the wheat, and Jose won’t accept a cheap squad player to replace them with, it will be quality all the way.....all in all it’s going to take him two windows and I for one can’t wait to shake this place up a little Jose style!!

I’d agree with you on this squad peaking two years ago, possibly even three years ago. The last signing who I would classify as an out and out success was Son, who was bought in the summer of 2015, four and a half years ago.

Likes of Moura, Sissoko and Davinson Sanchez have had their moments and good spells but hit and miss. Our scouting and recruitment is an area that really needs to be addressed.

I’d agree with you on this squad peaking two years ago, possibly even three years ago. The last signing who I would classify as an out and out success was Son, who was bought in the summer of 2015, four and a half years ago.

Likes of Moura, Sissoko and Davinson Sanchez have had their moments and good spells but hit and miss. Our scouting and recruitment is an area that really needs to be addressed.
Our scouting is non existent to be honest, we just buy 10 reasonably priced players and hope one or two work out, and the whole youth system hype is horse shit too.....Jose will attract quality, he won’t fuck around with 3 year projects on 19 year old players.

Back
Top Bottom