Norwich away - 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Inexplicable.

He introduced the right players (shouldn't have started Dele), but gave them the worst possible work 'environment' with a shape they've never played together in before.

Foyth, Ndobee, Lo Celso, Sess.

Gvie them 4231 and all would have been well.

Think Jose's a little too much in awe of how Santos has got wolves playing.
Perhaps he’ll explain it in his interview. Maybe thinking that Verts and Serge could push on? Didn’t work, whatever.

Tip | How to read this post: The shape was the problem.
Why introduce new players who have barely played together and throw a new shape at them??

It's clear now. I read it as introducing the new guys forced into the team against their will by showing them the pre-match dance routine.

Positives:
Moura's desire
Ndombele's inner Dembele
Eriksen's reaction upon scoring

Negatives:
Aurier's errors
Lo Celso's anonymity
Dele's wastefulness
Sessegnon's diffidence

Wonder if Jose will do much in the January window. I'm saying it now, but it won't surprise me if Jose walks in the January window and sues Levy for constructive dismissal after failing to stomach his first Levy transfer window.

Moura made an instant impact, I agree... He WANTS to play.

Just watching their first goal. Foyth fucks it, Ndombele should do better, but what the fuck was Alderweireld doing?
I'm not blaming any of them today, though, as the shape completely fucked our equilibrium (and, yes, he's mah boy, but it was a bad error by Foyth to begin with...though, toby literally showing them the way to goal was an extremely odd method of defending).

In terms of performances for me, I wrote this season off months ago.

Its still Poch's team, who had been performing poorly for 12 months. Mourinho was hired to bridge the gap between where we were to top four and hope to get CL next season.

We are getting results and have bridged the gap. Performance wise it isn't the best, but common sense is needed I think.

He's capable of something amazing but also capable of nothing for 90 mins. Move Lo Celso to CAM for me and get Moura and Son Kane infront of him.

Ali can always come off the bench if we are looking desperate he's not good enough to be starting no matter what for us, until he starts learning to do simple passes right
In his own mind, he is a superstar. He thinks we exist to suck his cock. I cannot wait to get him out of the starting 11.

Played very well the second half, some really poor decisions by Foyth and Aurier. Thought the ref had a howler. Ndombele is so good. Disappointed with the result but hopefully some lessons for the second half of the season and Champions League.

Can see Toby getting sold. Think he's really lost any kind of quality he once had. The contract is just to get some kind of transfer fee or keep him as a decent sub. Norwich first goal you'd think toby would come out and block any kind of shot but he just steps back and allows it. Their second it's just a comedy show between him and aurier.

Why is Aurier getting all the blame and nothing is said about Foyth now?

I've said for a while that he has potential but will never make it if he doesn't cut out his beyond stupid mistakes which he does nearly every game. It's becoming a fucking joke.

Perhaps he’ll explain it in his interview. Maybe thinking that Verts and Serge could push on? Didn’t work, whatever.
Verts 'pushing on' from left of a B3 in his second game in 3 days?

Nah.

Jose just trying to be a wizard and not using common sense and being as pragmatic as this game required.

Tried to fix a problem that had not been presented to us.

For me, this is all on him.

Back
Top Bottom