Spurs vs Chavs Match Thread (22/12/19 @ 4:30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They are the people that are coming up with shit like "check your priviledge" and the gender pay gap and all this other divide and conquer bullshit that is plaguing the Country. And they might not have a building but they are everywhere on Social media and in our Universities. It's becoming a real problem that needs addressing.

But this is a football forum so apologies for bringing it up, just winds me the fuck up
To reach that "pay gap" statistic, you have to intentionally use unmatched samples, disregard best practices for controlling confounders and perform no covariance analyses. In other words, you have to commission and then willfully parrot the conclusions of someone without even a basic grounding in undergraduate level stats.

That's how you know it's all ideologically motivated. Policy is not dictated by an average A-level student's coursework unless you like the conclusions enough to ignore their validity.

FWIW, as you probably know, as soon as you introduce matched groups, any alleged difference in pay by gender disappears completely. It doesn't even just disappear in the strict scientific sense of "no longer statistically significant"; it literally ceases to exist (with, if anything at all, a slight bias in favour of women).

(Sorry for continuing the off-topic tangent but this stuff bothers me too and who really wants to think about the game anyway? It basically ended as more of a political flashpoint than a sports contest.)

I just told my boy that Christmas is cancelled, that Santa Poch won’t be coming this year with bags full of three points. He cried, of course, and between sobs asked, “why, daddy, why?”

I showed him today’s line up from Jose and highlights of Aurier, Gazza, Dier and the rest playing football. He cried a lot more but seemed to understand a bit though some confusion remained. He said, “but I’ve been good all year dad.”

“I know son,” i said, “but Spurs have been bad all year.”

I told him he could still have the spurs shirt i bought him but he pointed out he’d been punished enough and didn't want it. Cant really blame him, the poor little mite.

Had Dele Alli gone down holding his face when the Chelsea player attacked him twice, would VAR sent that player off for violent conduct? I doubt it. Yet When Son reacted the Chelsea player rolled around and screamed as they have learnt to do because they get a lot of favourable refereeing every match while Spurs have hostile refs every game.

That is the reason why Eriksson is leaving - he's had enough!

Sky & the FA are anti-semitic racists!
Mad as a sack of cats

If a fan is proven to have made a racist remark or gesture then I am 100% in favour of them being banned.

But in keeping with the law that applies to the rest of the country, I am in the innocent until proven guilty camp.

I detest the modern penchant for trial by social media.

FWIW, as you probably know, as soon as you introduce matched groups, any alleged difference in pay by gender disappears completely.

As an aside, we had a cracking email through from our global HR team (big financial services company) setting out the gender pay analysis that had concluded that women were paid, on average, about $.5 more, per hour, than men.

They then went on to say they will continue to make sure women are fairly represented.

I actually couldn't give a fuck, more power to them, but the cognitive dissonance is truly special.

Anyway, today was fucking awful.

Last edited:
Pretending there was no racism, no sexism and no cause to rally against it in the 90's is also a pretty disruptive position to be promoting too...

(On a social media platform of all places too.... : P )

It really wasn't anywhere near as big and issue back then as it is now, we had moved beyond the 80's BNP etc.
To the people that regularly attended WHL and the new stadium.
Can you honestly say you've never heard any sort of racist comments being made?
I did/do not even attend regularly and I certainly have.

I had a season ticket for around 5 years, went to every home game in the shelf side and in the park lane behind the goal near the away fans. I heard plenty of abuse aimed at opposition players but I can say hand on heart I never heard a single racist remark and those were some of the most vocal places in the old WHL.

If a fan is proven to have made a racist remark or gesture then I am 100% in favour of them being banned.

But in keeping with the law that applies to the rest of the country, I am in the innocent until proven guilty camp.

Because one shithouse Chelsea player CLAIMS to have been racially abused, we are a racist club and should be punished..
Any danger he misheard?? on previous occasions the person/people guilty have been splashed all over social media.
May be wrong but I have seen no such evidence.

If evidence is produced then ban the Cunt, if not lets fucking do the Idiots who have labelled us as racist without evidence, for defamation.

Didn't see the game but this forum tells me we weren't in danger of winning. And the racism? Everytime a large group of people are together and in a bad mood, i.e. losing at home to a bunch of Chavs, they're going to take it out on anyone convenient. It's the ood "mob mentality " kicking in. Just like "Lord of the Flies".
Judging from the great majority of posts, Doer is dead and buried. Other players were judged either lazy or incompetent...or both! I don't pretend to know the answer but it's definitely not Kane. We can't simply rely on one off form player to pull us up. It's clear we have no MF or RB. Unless those 2 problems are addressed, we might as well be prepared to be ordinary at best. The most I can do is support my team but have no expectations. That's the only way I can deal with it.

The missed boat in the summer of 2018 will continue to haunt us. The decision to not start to overall the squad was shambolic. Now we play the likes of aurier dier rose and so on constantly

Agreed.

Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Rose, Dembele, Dier(Wanyama), Eriksen, Dele, Kane, Son.

Our refusal to strengthen the squad (and the above team) in 2017/18 has been the foundation of this crazy situation.

I said at the time that it will haunt us for years. The mad delusionists ("the squad is strong enough") had us think otherwise.

They'll respond to this post with "who could we have purchased in those windows". I'll point them to the current state of our team - Aurier, Sissoko, Dier, Lucas, Rose, Lamela, Wanyama.

As I said at the time " a scandalous missed opportunity that will go down in our history"

If you have aspirations to the very top, hand your manager at least £75m every summer window, and clear out the dross ruthlessly.

It really wasn't anywhere near as big and issue back then as it is now, we had moved beyond the 80's BNP etc.

I'm assuming this is a baseless and un-measured statement....?

Look, I'm part of that generation myself and distinctly remember such issues woven into the music and culture of the era...

90's:

rhwXfl7if1dXyt7pXgod5yEejjVWBE-C5cIJxCotYR8.jpg

plur-1120x470.jpg

a1745bbdf7bb4c2c480b71f3039b2814.jpg

The missed boat in the summer of 2018 will continue to haunt us. The decision to not start to overall the squad was shambolic. Now we play the likes of aurier dier rose and so on constantly
Plenty on here who were more than happy for us to sign no players at the time, despite it being obvious it would bite us on the arse and here we are....

Because one shithouse Chelsea player CLAIMS to have been racially abused, we are a racist club and should be punished..
Any danger he misheard?? on previous occasions the person/people guilty have been splashed all over social media.
May be wrong but I have seen no such evidence.

If evidence is produced then ban the Cunt, if not lets fucking do the Idiots who have labelled us as racist without evidence, for defamation.
Gary neville and sky!.. id love it

It wasn’t one comment apparently it was “singing”.......Rudiger heard 'racist songs' about him, says Azpilicueta. Wonder if he’d be quick in reporting the nazi’s at the bridge if they were doing the same thing or conveniently not hear them?

being banned.

Nope life ban (and all their family members).

Show due process, investigation etc. However if proven, cut it out ruthlessly.

If you are found chanting racist remarks, you and your immediate family will not gain attendance to WHL ever.

Suggest they follow Chelsea or Millwall or move to Bulgaria, Slovenia etc.

Nope life ban (and all their family members).

Cut it out ruthlessly.

If you are found chanting racist remarks, you and your immediate family will not gain attendance to WHL ever.

Suggest they follow Chelsea or Millwall or move to Bulgaria, Slovenia etc.

erm are you suggesting collective punishment, that’s illegal.

Back
Top Bottom