Bayern Munich v Tottenham Hotspur (Wed 11 Dec @ 20.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Midfield is a huge issue, we have to sign a quality CM ASAP. We can’t control games against serious teams.

Tonight was crap but Son should still have scored 2 and Sissoko cocked up another certain goal, so we weren’t completely terrible. It was a meaningless game and Mourinho made that very clear, I’m not sure how much he will have learned or how harshly he will judge players like Lucas, Dier and Sissoko who played zombie football.

Then use someone who could gain some experience instead of a waste of space
Experience of getting the run around against a top side not touching the ball?
Aye ok

He put out a team to get through the match without a hammering and just about got that done.
Think about wolves

3:1 isn't too bad all things considred. I would get the fuck out of there as quick as possible and get back on gear for the Sunday. Hope Jose can still find something funny to say about it and help the boys keep moving forward

Last edited:
Skipp looks better than Dier imo, pretty poor attitude tonight from some players, think Mourinho would have learned a lot about some of them tonight.

Yes, it was a "nothing game" but like Mourinho has said. he hates losing and some of those players tonight looked like they couldn't care less if they were to win or lose the game.

That;s the issue, that attitude needs to go because look at Bayerns attitude in comparison, they wanted to win, irrespective of it being a "nothing game"

Really like Sessegnon when he’s on the ball in dangerous areas.

I REALLY REALLY want him to get some opportunities ahead of Moura, maybe throw son over to the right or even put sess on the right.

I honestly do love Moura and always will he is a legend in my eyes but he is just World class pace and dribbling. Nothing else, and that’s not enough at the top top level.

Sess displayed pace, dribbling, vision, passing, shooting and intelligence in that game whenever he got the opportunity. Although we were under the kosh so he didn’t get the chance much, he still kept going and that ball for eriksen at the end was class.

Bayern playing a training game but by far the better side.

Dead rubber, really don't give too much of a shit but I didn't like that 2nd half performance, whereas I liked bits of the first. We've learned nothing about the team.

Liked Sess (in first half).
Liked Los Celso's industry but nothing to get excited about yet
Liked Skipp's cameo - he actually got in their faces and put them under pressure
Realy pissed off Wanyama came on, nothing personally against him but why not take off Lucas and bring on Parrott instead, what was the point of bringing on Wanyama?

My first pass for Jose, let's see what happens against a good side at the weekend.

Well that was shit..... I hope it was all the changes rather than the fact of being miles behind Bayern. If not then a lot of changes needed in January if we're to compete in Europe after Christmas.

Bayern playing a training game but by far the better side.

Dead rubber, really don't give too much of a shit but I didn't like that 2nd half performance, whereas I liked bits of the first. We've learned nothing about the team.

Liked Sess (in first half).
Liked Los Celso's industry but nothing to get excited about yet
Liked Skipp's cameo - he actually got in their faces and put them under pressure
Realy pissed off Wanyama came on, nothing personally against him but why not take off Lucas and bring on Parrott instead, what was the point of bringing on Wanyama?

My first pass for Jose, let's see what happens against a good side at the weekend.
Wanyama hasnt played under Jose' yet. Hes got to play the senior players a few times before he discards them completely.

Thought there were a few positives. The game was what it was. Bayern didnt exactly impress me. Better finishing or final ball and we could and should of scored 4. Skipp needs to get his chance. Sess looks very promising, foyth and toby solid, KWP with support grew into the game second half, probably 5-6 clear cut chances against a bayern team only missing levandowski. Dier and rose are finished at the top level. DM is the top priority with winks Ndombele.

Erikssen is a stealing a living. Fucking awful attitude. Would rather not see him in a Spurs shirt again. Embarrassing

KWP unfortunately looks out of his depth. Same with Dier - who constantly gave the ball away. Rose looks finished. Poor old Vic doesn’t even look like a footballer anymore.

Skipp, Sess and Foyth held their heads up and must’ve gained Jose’s attention.

1-3 flattered us!

Back
Top Bottom