Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Show Chris some respect.

It was only 10 days ago when he came on, changed the game and helped us reach the CL knockout changes.

Over the years he’s been arguably our most important player, consistently topping the league for ‘distances running’.

No one started the season well. He’s a fabulous footballer and I simply don’t buy the idea that he hasn’t been trying.

If he leaves on a free, so be it. Let’s show our class and wish him well. He’s earned that.

Are we the only forum that other clubs fans rock up in and are welcomed? I’m all for it just in case anybody thinks I’m having a go I’m not getting another fans view of us and at times how their own club is doing makes a fine change :thumbup:
Depends who they support, and they don't come here giving it the big 'un

Oh yeah exactly they come on just wanting banter and a genuine discussion and not trying to be funny if we got beat then fine.

Some are ok like Blueboy the Leicester one but most are twats

Although they invariably unite the Forum for a short time

The point made was, if he was sold or signed a pre-contract deal with another club. In that case loan him out.

If neither of those things happen then, yeah fuck him off.
But if he signs a pre-contract for the summer, he's going on a free in the summer.
There is no benefit to us, him, or his new club loaning him there when he's going there free anyway. If he signs a pre contract for June we may as well just let him go now.
Loans are for teams to give their players match experience or loan with a view to buy.
The
Is is neither.

Show Chris some respect.

It was only 10 days ago when he came on, changed the game and helped us reach the CL knockout changes.

Over the years he’s been arguably our most important player, consistently topping the league for ‘distances running’.

No one started the season well. He’s a fabulous footballer and I simply don’t buy the idea that he hasn’t been trying.

If he leaves on a free, so be it. Let’s show our class and wish him well. He’s earned that.

Classic!

In the past few months we've had:

"Eriksen was the reason we qualified for the CL this season"
"Eriksen was the reason we got to the CL final last season"
"Eriksen changed the game against Villa" (despite not providing a goal or assist)

and now we have "Eriksen changed the game last week and helped us reach the CL knockout stage"

Funny that, because the only goal Eriksen had a piece of was the last one, at which point we were already winning! Other than that, he provided a link between the defence and attack, something which any midfielder of his style could do.

This bloke must be a god the way he's talked about by some on here! I guess we'll be lucky not to lose him to Madrid or Barca when they come in with their bids like they did last summer... Oh.

I like a-Ha :dawsonmean:

Not the only one.....

hqdefault.jpg

....Although I think you'll be hunting high and low to find a fellow fan on here.:llorishowudoin:

But if he signs a pre-contract for the summer, he's going on a free in the summer.
There is no benefit to us, him, or his new club loaning him there when he's going there free anyway. If he signs a pre contract for June we may as well just let him go now.
Loans are for teams to give their players match experience or loan with a view to buy.
The
Is is neither.

It's straight forward... We're due to pay him until the end of the season.

If we loan him to his destination team early they'll have to cover his wages and save us a few quid.

The
Is is neither.
We won't have to pay his wages for the last 6 months of his contract. Meaning we have wages available to spend on someone else.
He's not anywhere near our squad, stinking up the place.
We might get a bit of money for a loan fee.
Frees up an overseas CL spot.
His new club gets to bed him in for 6 months before the new season starts.

That's 5 benefits of the top of my head

Obviously not going to happen though.

Back
Top Bottom