Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I supported Eriksen until earlier this season when his performance deteriated. I have posted several times that we should pick the team on performance not on contract position. I believe both Poch and Jose have stated the same. I do not subscribe to Eriksen deliberately not trying but a combination of Internet rumours re wife and anti fan comments about his contract situation. He was reported to play poorly for Denmark as well.
Toby is in same position and is playing but Eriksen is not playing well enough to start. Now I would start him against Bayen and if he produces a good performance then Jose might play him more. As to accusations that the club has treated him badly, that is crap. Some supporters want him to be treated badly by never playing again but that is not happening. It is not happening as suggested because we are a second tier club as Pogba at MU is saying the same and Woolwich lost a player last season who ran his contract down.

There's nothing quite like Danes telling us we're shit fans because we're sick of the only half decent player they've got, who is now treating us like a mug.

At least when he leaves you lot will all fuck off and follow him on Real Betis forums.

Last edited:
There's nothing quite like Danes telling us we're shit fans because we're sick of the only half decent player they've got, who is now treating us like mugs.

At least when he leaves you lot will all fuck off and follow him on Real Betis forums.

It’s quite ironic that the Danes are giving 100% backing to someone who can no longer bring home the bacon

Alright chaps? All change since we last exchanged views. These Danish fellows are a bit weird, but trying signing an Algerian. We had Mahrez and his fanboys drove everybody insane - literally hundreds, with no interest at all in the club.
Anyway - everyone happy with Mou? I think it's great he's back. Pure box-office.

Alright chaps? All change since we last exchanged views. These Danish fellows are a bit weird, but trying signing an Algerian. We had Mahrez and his fanboys drove everybody insane - literally hundreds, with no interest at all in the club.
Anyway - everyone happy with Mou? I think it's great he's back. Pure box-office.

Alright Bluedog? Your boys are tearing it up.

Hi Joe mate - how's things? Yes, apparently all you need to succeed in the PL is a diminutive coach who looks like Kojak and talks like Brent. However, he's done some job so far - honestly think he's improved every single player. Even iheanacho , for fucks sake!
Tell me about Mou though. You happy?

Hi Joe mate - how's things? Yes, apparently all you need to succeed in the PL is a diminutive coach who looks like Kojak and talks like Brent. However, he's done some job so far - honestly think he's improved every single player. Even iheanacho , for fucks sake!
Tell me about Mou though. You happy?

Perhaps happy isn’t quite the right word, but it’s certainly a bold appointment. I don’t usually get too worked up about managers, but I’m happy to get behind him. I don’t really have a choice though - raging away on here about managers is a conflict of interest I can do without. I tend to let them get on with it.

Although I'm long since bored of the whole Eriksen nonsense, I feel he could at least go out on a slightly more positive note if he accepts a transfer in Jan and in his last game is red carded with a 2 footed tackle.
Would be a quality finish: pretty sure he completed a tackle on Wednesday, though - I think a new, no-holds-barred bastard Eriksen is being born as we speak!

I think it'll all come down to the relationship with Levy. Spectacular success or end-in-tears failure. It won't be dull though. And in the meantime he'll get you some big wins. I reckon you'll be top 4 now, and if he can sort the defence I think you could go deep in CL too. You only needed to see his punditry to realise he actually knows shitloads about the game - more than all the others put together.

If he is going & signs a pre contract in Jan, then we should offer him on loan to the new club, that way we off load his wages and maybe get a small fee that we can put towards a new DM
the way he's playing it has to be better to off load a half hearted player
Fucking LOVE this idea, also opens up another over seas slot in the CL for someone.
Maybe the new DM ?

Incoming: Another Dane entering the arena to defend his banner men... (though not as fiercely as you might think).

For starters, danish media has begun striking out at Tottenham (the club) for handling CE badly at the end of their common contract with him. It is in Danish and I dont really give a shit about your illiterate british population, but because I am nice, I will give you a short insight: It is Thomas Graversen (former Everton and R.Madrid) saying that your club is being unprofessional and stupid for not facilitating its best player.

CE is probably the highest ranking player in Scandinavia atm. Probably not best in form, but you guys already knew that, right!? ;-) There are quite a lot of eyes on him, not only in Denmark, but also from Sweden, Norway and Finland. That includes players with ambition to go abroad for bigger salary and better prospect. Now Tottenham, being that second tier european club, that it is (still hats off to you for reaching last years cl final), need to offer these players something more, if the club wants to be able to attract the likes of Zlatan, CE or Erling Braut Håland, because you are not a "trophies-winning-team" and Totty dont pay foreigners top wages.

So like it or not, your club is looked upon as a stepping stone (at least), with a fair chance of not being chronicly benched (because you have no world class players onboard and team will struggle during season without high talented players). But Tottenham is also a team with great potential and a promising setup - or at least it was. I will put in my first real oppinion here: I think you should be very happy with this - it replicates how Ajax Amsterdam is viewed upon by many I know. This, I think, must be the solution to attract all the best talents abroad, without paying idiotically high sums in transfer and salary. It is a good place to be in for any club, right?!

Now your club (and a few of your supporters) are part of an ongoing image change. A rude one. First, we get a closer look at how Levy does business, which means as soon as you become a Tottenham player, you'll likely end up being treated like cattle - with a high risc of a near death carreer experience - because a player with a 1 year contract should not be 100 mill, that is a lockdown = stepping stone is wobbly.
Second, the club benches players running out their contract and loses games rather than letting you play, even if you placed 6 years of your carreer in the club, being (for a very large part of the time) top 3 squad player = security is gone. Third, the prospect is becoming less and less promising. Pochettino is gone and squad rejuvenation has not been successfull = setup is not promising anymore (again look at Ajax, they sold almost everything after last season).

Seen from over here, its becoming apparent that CE has been pretty loyal to Tottenham (could have chosen from higher shelf but gave Tottenham a chance and was part of a very good time, when he shifted from Ajax. Never demanded high salaries and has delievered quite a lot of stats and recognition - though I am sure many of you sad people cant wait to yell how bad he has been for you, even since now and back. I really dont care - caught up in emotions and illogical thinking is a waste of time. Fine, if you want to judge him, then consider his wage (against others in Tottenham) and how he still makes a difference to your team, even to this day (or call out Pochettino AND Mourinho for still using him).

Look... I am no fan of CE in particular, the frustrations you all feel about him, we get the same with him from our national team. Whenever he plays like a turd, the national teams is struggling. Everyone wants him off the carpet, when performance is shit. But it never happens and it is because he can pass and setup like nobody else and the national coach knows that. Tottenham have nobody else as well - Lo Celso is not able to, yet, at least.

Second oppinion: Tottenham fans just have to accept that the time you are in atm, this is where your real frustration comes from. But it happens anytime and for every club on the planet. Look at R.Madrid. ManU. Woolwich. And Brøndby (I hate them). So, now is the time to celebrate the players that lead you to a fantastic period, maybe ending at the highest point with a cl final spot and then start to support more than ever, because its downhill now and I am pretty sure your club and their players need support now, more than last year. Taking it out on players, still in the squad, is just... ??? And not honoring a player, that has been in your club for this long, I have no words to describe how badly I think of you as fans for this. English football fans and European football fans are truly of different calibers - with a nasty bad finger pointing at you. I dont get it.

As a discloser, I will apologise in advance if I have said something that was truely over the line, that really was not my intention and then I am sorry. Also, as I think I tried to state earlier, I am no particular fan of CE, certainly no fan of Tottenham or any other english club. I was/am trying to be fairly objective, but I acknowledge that I share nationality with the devil in your camp.

Where are all these twits coming from all of a sudden? It's not as if we're booing Eriksen off the pitch or crucifying him, how thin skinned are these people.

He thought he had outgrown us and that he'd put out a come get me plea to the "bigger" clubs and they'd all come running....how'd that work out for him?
Yup. He wanted to leave to a “bigger” club. Fair enough, that’s absolutely his prerogative. But nobody came in for him, nobody. There were no negotiations, no offers, we didn’t block a thing. The opposite in fact; with zero interest from abroad we still offered him a new contract rumoured to be £200k pw, which he has repeatedly turned down and refuses to speak with us.

On top of that, it is clear on the pitch that he has lost interest. So he isn’t performing, won’t sign a new contract and is annoyed at Spurs for blocking a transfer which was never offered... and we’re the bad man?

:sandro:
If Mourinho can sort him out then fair play to him but for now he can rot as far as I’m concerned. He should have got his head down and played good football before leaving on a free. Instead he can sit on the bench and have time to mull over why there wasn’t a bidding war on a supposedly world class playmaker with 1 year on his contract.

Are we the only forum that other clubs fans rock up in and are welcomed? I’m all for it just in case anybody thinks I’m having a go I’m not getting another fans view of us and at times how their own club is doing makes a fine change :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom