Tonight has really opened my eyes to the issues we face.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst I agree to extent, I did expect some tactical nous - not to get schooled by a relatively inexperienced manager and an out of form, injury ravaged Utd sde.

A lot of our side are also out of form and injured and this PE teacher gave the Dippers a fright a short time ago

We can do better
Yes
And I’m sure we will

Yeah. Utd have only lost once there all season, their first game or something, right????

Do you think they are a good side or something?

And we should have beaten Leicester at their place, thought we were deservedly the better side right up to the point Son's pubic hair was adjudged to be offside. But we absolutely crumbled after that moment, our attitude stinks.

It really is an attitude issue imo, some of the players are lazy it seems, like you say, reminds me of when Poch first took over from Sherwood, he had to weed out the bad ones before we could move forward, I expect the same thing to happen again.

I also remember Poch persisting with Kaboul and CO, even making him captain before dropping him entirely, I think that's what Mourinho will do, he's trying to figure out who's really up for the fight.

Rashford will do that to a lot of players this season. Changed my mind on him, think he's very good.

I'm pretty relaxed about Aurier. He is what he is. He'll have a good run of games, then he'll make a mistake. I thought he defended ok yesterday and tidied up in the box quite nicely. It was his crosses that let him down, but he certainly wasn't our worst player.

Would like to see Foyth again though.

Yes Rashford top class now but my point on Aurier stands in that his basics are poor

When an attacker is running at you you don’t virtually stand still as he did last night
You either commit and win the ball or back off slightly and manoeuvre him down the flank
Aurier did neither and Rashford totally skinned him
Embarrassing

Yeah. Utd have only lost once there all season, their first game or something, right????

Do you think they are a good side or something?

And we should have beaten Leicester at their place, thought we were deservedly the better side right up to the point Son's pubic hair was adjudged to be offside. But we absolutely crumbled after that moment, our attitude stinks.

I said before
It was Sonny’s foreskin but a ridiculous decision and changed the game

The issue is it shouldn't have, we folded, we offered no fight, we shrunk.

Somethings very unwell then as it still is now.

No we shouldn’t have
You’re right but I disagree that it’s the same now
Far too early to tell imv

But surely the issue is that the goal should have stood and we would have had a different game

compared to Poch I would say they are quite different.
Jose's played the same players in exactly the same formations than we've already played under Poch.

The only specific difference is I don't recall playing Aurier when we've gone 3 at the back (he might have), but this is a personnel thing not positional.

From what I see is he's trying to play the way we've previously played. The irony is had he played like a typical Jose team (pragmatic) we could have bored our way to a point last night.

Great post Incomplete_usernam Incomplete_usernam

I may have mentioned it before. But when the owners completely neglect our most promising team and manager in a generation by ducking out of two successive transfer windows it's bound to rub off on the attitude of the players.

Most on here won't acknowledge it, but the summer / winter of 18/19 has taken its toll and it'll take years to get us back to where we were before .
Interesting POV I hadnt heard that argument before.

By no means are we perfect but it’s like watching a different side
Like watching an abject Palace get thumped by us 4-0 or us pumping Red Star twice (5-0 & 0-4)!

It's exactly the same mate. Jose's first games were like playing against a shit Palace and an Oblidging Red Star. Nothing has changed other than we are actually conceding more goals in the comparative games we were keeping clean sheets.

I’m not worried. Unlike Poch, Mou will simply drop people who don’t do what they are told. He already dropped Rose, one of our worst and most bigheaded players. After today, he will be questioning some others as well. Poch was too soft and too loyal to some of them, to win you need to be ruthless.
He cant drop the 11 of them though!

I said before
It was Sonny’s foreskin but a ridiculous decision and changed the game
That settles it then, we need to have the whole team circumcised. That would give us the added bonus of knowing none of them could ever sign for the Woolwich, apparently you have to be a complete prick to play for them :thumbup:

I wouldn't mind that happening at all, no skin off my nose 😎

That settles it then, we need to have the whole team circumcised. That would give us the added bonus of knowing none of them could ever sign for the Woolwich, apparently you have to be a complete prick to play for them :thumbup:

I wouldn't mind that happening at all, no skin off my nose 😎

Fair enough

Big nose 👃

Yes Rashford top class now but my point on Aurier stands in that his basics are poor

When an attacker is running at you you don’t virtually stand still as he did last night
You either commit and win the ball or back off slightly and manoeuvre him down the flank
Aurier did neither and Rashford totally skinned him
Embarrassing
Totally agree. Rashford was super hungry last night and is seriously fast now, like rocket speed, with ball skills to match. He can do that to most players but they've at least got to make the effort.

Maybe Serge was a bit knackered. He's done well lately so an away game blip could be expected.

Totally agree. Rashford was super hungry last night and is seriously fast now, like rocket speed, with ball skills to match. He can do that to most players but they've at least got to make the effort.

Maybe Serge was a bit knackered. He's done well lately so an away game blip could be expected.

I think it was more lack of technique rather than fatigue but he has improved and maybe José can work with him

Back
Top Bottom