Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dele says hi

tumblr_mq6luctKP21qbo81go1_250.gif

Dele says thank fuck I’ve got a manager that knows where I play.....

Oh no that’s right a “better” manager would have him in central midfield

:kaneear:
You may have noticed that this manager has a midfield to select from. (Dier now fit, Wanyama now fit, Ndombele (now fit), Winks now fit). Even though they are still struggling.

I see that you have now swung full force behind the idea that Dele did actually play in a different position despite refusing to accept that this was the case for over a year. Deary me, how desperate you have become to gain a bit of face.

So SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs this ' ali is only good enough for burnly everton' argument. Are you still sticking with or do you have the bollocks to admit you were wrong. And that some one who goes to spurs week in week out for 25 years may possible of been correct in saying dele is a great player having a dip.

Last edited:
You may have noticed that this manager has a midfield to select from. (Dier now fit, Wanyama now fit, Ndombele (now fit), Winks now fit). Even though they are still struggling.

I see that you have now swung full force behind the idea that Dele did actually play in a different position despite refusing to accept that this was the case for over a year. Deary me, how desperate you have become to gain a bit of face.
I tried to explain this to Sammy a year ago. Dele’s natural, carefree style isn’t suited to the discipline required to play in central midfield. The responsibility was crushing him and it was awful to see. Great to see him back where he belongs.

So SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs this ' ali is only good enough for burnly everton' argument. Are you still sticking with or do you have the bollocks to admit you were wrong. And that some one who goes to spurs week in week out for 25 years may possible of been correct in saying dele is a great player having a dip.
I'm admitting to nothing, like I said give it 6 months.

Oh and I also go to a lot of games each season (for over 35 years) so stick your condescending 25 years up your arse! :mourfinger:

'i was wrong', seams to be the hardest thing to post.
Haven’t seen you say you was wrong about Poch to be honest

However, I did say this. To you. Just this week:

I take back nothing, except that we would never see the old Dele back.
I didn’t back him, and won’t claim I did.
I’m happy to admit I was wrong that Dele wouldn’t be back to his best at Spurs.
I stand by the rest though. He was shit and a big part of that was Pochs fault.

So where is your “I was wrong that Poch completely fucked Dele Alli up, and that Jose is proving to be a ten thousand times better manager within 3 games”

If the cap fits Paddy

You seem to think you have inside knowledge that Dele played in central midfield...
I know he played out of position but being a massive fucking baby about it and not trying isn’t an excuse.

That was on him.
Forcing him to play there was on Poch.

I told you the whole time Poch was destroying him. You disagreed.

Now you are wanking one off about Jose playing Dele in AM and trying to make out that the entire time was because Dier was injured.

You think Dier would have started three games if Poch didn’t get sacked?

You’ve become a sorry excuse for the poster you used to be mate.
Proper fucking full of crap and saying anything to defend Poch.

I told you a better manager could have these players playing better football.
You see it’s true, but now the whole problem was that Poch “couldn’t” play Dier.
For two years?
Hahaahahahahaah

Haven’t seen you say you was wrong about Poch to be honest

However, I did say this. To you. Just this week:

I’m happy to admit I was wrong that Dele wouldn’t be back to his best at Spurs.
I stand by the rest though. He was shit and a big part of that was Pochs fault.

So where is your “I was wrong that Poch completely fucked Dele Alli up, and that Jose is proving to be a ten thousand times better manager within 3 games”

If the cap fits Paddy
sammyspurs sammyspurs you know deep down you called the dele demise to early give it up. As to poch yes iam a poch defender more of the heart and emotion for all hes done for us. I would never have the nerve to pull the trigger. I loved what poch done for us. Big difference i never revel in a players failure and if i did as soon as that player turned it around id be on here saying good game. None of the dele slaggers have admitted they were wrong.

sammyspurs sammyspurs you know deep down you called the dele demise to early give it up. As to poch yes iam a poch defender more of the heart and emotion for all hes done for us. I would never have the nerve to pull the trigger. I loved what poch done for us. Big difference i never revel in a players failure and if i did as soon as that player turned it around id be on here saying good game. None of the dele slaggers have admitted they were wrong.
Sorry, I called it in the autumn of 2017
You’ve waited TWO YEARS to be able to genuinely say he’s playing well for fucks sake

I said if the cap fits....you sit there and accuse people of reveling in him playing poor.
Do you revel in Dier being poor?

Bit pathetic....you didn’t want Poch sacked, you didn’t want Jose, you thought that Levy was the problem and the squad was crap and poor pooooooooooor Poch had zero chance to get them playing well.

You were wrong

But saying “I was wrong” seems tough for you too doesn’t it.
Personally I think the likes of you and Guido and Scott and MVP and John Thomas are a little bit gutted how it’s started here.

You pine for Poch, but can’t admit he was incapable of turning it around. You’ve got no right to preach about support.

The thing about Dele under Poch this year was his constant trying flicks and wee tricks wasn't the best idea when you are in a losing team. Now we are winning, it all is so much better and looks great.

First bad performance and Dele has a bad game, all the doubters will be back at his throat.

Have to say, that second goal today just looked so fucking cool and gave a "fuck you" attitude to the Bournemouth defenders.

Sublime today. Absolute Rolls Royce stuff from the boy. Not a fuck given about tiffs in here and people saying “told you so” on both sides of the argument.
let’s just all feel blessed that for whatever reason, Dele is reborn at the moment and I for one am loving it.
Playing like a Don.
Now I’m off out to get royally pissed at a Xmas party in the Mandarin Oriental. Way out of my league but fuck it. It’s nearly Xmas.

Back
Top Bottom