Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"90 minute performances"?

I'm not looking to piss on whatever remains of those memories, but... We were poor for the first hour vs Ajax; as we were for large chunks of the City games.

yeah, don’t piss on my memories, mate! I was starting a business lunch in Mexico City when Moura scored the winning goal. I missed the entire game up until that point, but was looking at my apps and knew we fell behind early. I was pleasantly surprised to see that we were even when I sat down for lunch. We were over 90 minutes by then. I yelled out in happiness when Moura scored and startled my colleagues sitting with me. I was in the best mood ever the rest of that trip.

people down there asked me why I am a Tottenham fan. And the reason is simple: my last name means rooster /cock in Spanish and Italian.

COYS!

yeah, don’t piss on my memories, mate! I was starting a business lunch in Mexico City when Moura scored the winning goal. I missed the entire game up until that point, but was looking at my apps and knew we fell behind early. I was pleasantly surprised to see that we were even when I sat down for lunch. We were over 90 minutes by then. I yelled out in happiness when Moura scored and startled my colleagues sitting with me. I was in the best mood ever the rest of that trip.

people down there asked me why I am a Tottenham fan. And the reason is simple: my last name means rooster /cock in Spanish and Italian.

COYS!

....As long as you don't piss on my positivity that we can win the CL this year. ;)

It wasn't based on just 30mins. So far we ain't won anything with these lot. Look very bad defensively especially. It was a crap team & we looked all over the place in the first 30mins. lots think we need to get rid of many of them. If you're so sure, do you fancy a bet about whther we win the CL or title with these lot? I think suddenly you won't be so sure!

It was you & others saying we didn't need new signings & it ended up with our manager being sacked & Now a big struggle for top 4.
Waaaaaahhhhhhhh
Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
We won
Waaaaaaaahhhhhhh

exp27.jpg

I watched the post match interview back where he apologises to Dier and something struck me. Firstly he apologises to Eric before the interviewer gets a word in but more importantly for me he puts a bit of a rocket up 3 other players all at the same time by saying that he needed to sub someone to get another player in the pocket of space and it was either him or Winks or he was thinking of substituting one of our CBs and sticking Dier back there.

I think he's done this not only to give all four a subtle ticking off that they were all under threat but to also show Dier that he values him so much that in order to keep him on the field he was considering moving him into a different position. Cushions the negative feeling whilst letting others know he's aware and they should be too. Even Dele said he thought it could have been him so it's great that so many can now be wary but that he also got Dier feeling better that it wasn't not a decision taken lightly.

That may be coincidence, it may bea masterstroke but either way it will sit with all concerned. He ain't a bloke to mess with but he's being very tactile with it. Now that's something I can get on board with if he's actually come up with that and for those reasons. Lovely stuff!
You've expressed my thoughts from last night perfectly. I thought JM was great in the interview, this morning, however, I've been thinking along different lines.

Yes, we were 2-0 down and needed to get a more attacking player on but Dier's mobility was clearly a problem. So did JM really consider subbing others off, or did he only say that to spare Dier's embarrassment and not to alienate a player so early in his tenure.

Not saying that this was the case, just a thought.

OR we could wait to see what happens in the game, the competition and the season under new management?
Well that's most of the forum closed down. Booo the hulk. People with opinions of potential signings, line ups, predictions, players we should keep or sell. Instead close them down & just put 'wait & see' on all of them. It's just my opinion. I guess we could only give opinions on things after the event but it's interesting for people to give their thoughts beforehand too.

Also weren't you 1 of many who was posting that poch should be sacked. So already you are going against your wait & See policy.
& if you keep quiet & Then after the event speak up, people will post a captain hindsight image. You really can't win.

Turning a 27th minute sub into a pick me up for versatile Dier who was begrudgingly longed off and a cheeky threat to the CBs and other CM is all good with me mate. I think we are seeing a genuinely top manager at the club at the moment. I was a huge Poch fan but with him in charge we ain't winning that game tonight. Sub at half time or 60 minutes standard. It's a small thing but it just makes everyone too comfortable, too stale. We have fresh legs all of a sudden because we have fresh minds. A tweak here and there, Aurier given license to roam, new innovative ideas even long goal kicks. It always needs freshening up and sadly Poch was too stubborn to accept this.

Very impressive start, Christmas time could be very eventful as he'd have had a month or so with the lads by then.
Thats a bit unfair. Poch most likely would have picked a different team & line up so would have been a totally different game. Also, poch got us to a stage where we only needed 1 pt at home to olympiakos to go through. So I think he deserves some of the credit for getting us through to the knock out stage. I agree he wouldn't have made that sub but it wouldn't have been the same game & dier may not have even played to take off in the first place. The players & poch did most of the work to get us through, mourinho got us over the line.

Klinsmann is the new manager of Hertha Berlin. 10 years after leaving bayern he is back in the BuLi. I 'm glad we have mourinho but my heart surely wanted Klinsmann back at the lane. Also shows how far spurs have come as a club and that Klinsmann is not one of the top managers right now. I hope he will come back to the lane one day if he improves in the next few years...

Klinsmann is the new manager of Hertha Berlin. 10 years after leaving bayern he is back in the BuLi. I 'm glad we have mourinho but my heart surely wanted Klinsmann back at the lane. Also shows how far spurs have come as a club and that Klinsmann is not one of the top managers right now. I hope he will come back to the lane one day if he improves in the next few years...
Why? Klinsmann is like Southgate, he's done nothing at club level.

I love that, he’s only been here a week and he celebrates like he’s been a Spurs fan since birth. I know he gets paid by the club, etc., but it’s still nice to see him celebrate when we score.
He celebrates everywhere he goes, 15 million a year I bet he celebrates daily.

Back
Top Bottom