UCL Matchday 5 - Olympiacos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very important comeback in a match we are expected to win, it looked like a disaster at one point. A lot of frailties and dysfunction in this team, but good to see we have some goals in us, with both Dele and Eriksen having some good productive moments. I wouldn't read too much in terms of long-term trends into any of this yet, still feels like every match could go any which way.

Great ball, Sanchez has to do better
Still think he should be sold whilst we can get decent money for him. He was a mistake but it's not too late to recoup our money. He just doesn't think quickly enough for the PL. And his positioning and anticipation suffer for that reason. And then we concede. Between him and Rose, I think we currently have 2 of the worst defenders in the league.

What does Poch has against Lo Celso and Ndombele???

This is getting annoying now ffs.
When you say Poch, I assume you mean Jose. I think he already knows their worth and he's trying to work out who they should replace and at the same time, protecting them and allowing their fitness to increase.

...the Special One has a flair for the theatrical, no?
..."who would've thunk it?" - a MF2 of Winks and Eriksen becomes a tactical masterclass - Olympiacos was ceding the MF and stifling our front 4, so Mou drops a playmaker in...would Poch have made ANY change at 27min?
...Rose was poor, Eriksen's vision was refreshing, and Winks was industrious...
COYS

What? Eriksen has literally been all over the pitch mate and playing far better than we have seen in months.

The guy has pissed me off but I don't see how that's even deniable, the game has changed since he came on.
We know he can be a game changer. He's that brilliant. If only Jose can persuade him to stay and motivate him back to form, we'll have an incredible MF selection.

That look ...

75584985_2895473257138246_8688032856221417472_o.jpg
The only look Mourinho didn't have on his face last night was the totally wrecked one he always gets just before he leaves a club - so we're okay for a while.

The size of the bags under his eyes always tell the story.

Apparently JM has apologised to him in from of the dressing room.

'The Humble One' in full effect!
Excellent man-management. Good for the individual to hear it and good for the squad to witness it. And very good to come out and make it public. As you say, The Humble One.

...but ruthless too. He saw a problem and acted. However humble and diplomatic he is after the event, he's sent a very clear message to all the players - only the best will do.

Rrrrrespect.

:adesalute:

We know he can be a game changer. He's that brilliant. If only Jose can persuade him to stay and motivate him back to form, we'll have an incredible MF selection.
As good as he can be...
Do we really want a player that we are at the mercy of - dependant on the urgings of his agent?
We know hes good - but turning it off and on like he does makes him a liability.
Too many games of him being an on field spectator makes us like we've had an early sending off.

What? Eriksen has literally been all over the pitch mate and playing far better than we have seen in months.

The guy has pissed me off but I don't see how that's even deniable, the game has changed since he came on.
I don't deny Eriksen had one of his better games, but to shoot wide of the goal from that free kick on the edge of the penalty box, when there was a gaping net in front of him - it was one of those 'WTF even I could have got it on target from there' moments.

The old Eriksen would have planted it.

I wonder as now we have had the rollercoaster cliff hanger game being 2-0 down after 20 minutes for the amazon DVD that we can just have a nice Boring 4-0 win at the weekend please?

Maybe the TV camera is kind, but other than a couple of crosses from free kicks, I didn't see much from Eriksen to change my mind.
People around me said the biggest statement Jose could make would be to sub him off again.

Anyway, few takeaways from last night.
A sub, and a tactical one, before half hour. Have any of our managers ever done that before?
I was expecting Poch to wait until half time when Lloris got injured against Brighton TBH

I'm not 100% convinced Jose has figured out who our weak players are and/or what their weakness is yet. But he's getting wins, which is mostly what matters. I suspect he'll figure out what he needs to in the next 2 or 3 matches.

Red Star 0 - Bayern 6 proves all this bullshit about their home record is insane. They're a pub team. They may have been alright prior to this season but they're gobshite.

Real Madrid have the VAR lot in their pockets.

Back
Top Bottom