West Ham Knuckle Dragging Pikeys v Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 23rd November 12-30 : Live from Billy Smart’s Circus Tent.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And yet cunto journalists/pundits were saying last night that he is finished. Well, fuck them. And fuck Gary Lineker.

They were all happy with us to have a cuddly manager that was never going to be a threat to on the trophy front.
But it was still years of “everyone will leave” when we were good. Because they want trophies.

Then the trophies didn’t come and it was because the squad was shit and we were unambitious.

Then we get it José and it’s still wrong..heard that it was better for spurs to have the feeling of being a genuine club than it was to have some trophies yesterday.....
From the same outlets licking the testicles of Man City down the years. The least genuine club in the PL.

I can understand bitter journalists and fans saying all this, but what turns my stomach the most is our own, crying themselves to sleep and slating the club for daring to do.
Poch took us one step ahead of the likes of Jol when all is said and done.

This club needs more. Much more, and now we have that.
There will a lot of egg on a lot of faces come May, but the most difficult to clean off will the egg on the faces of Spurs fans losing their shit over the sacking of a manger who was taking us into the relegation zone and wanted to leave for better things since May.

And yet cunto journalists/pundits were saying last night that he is finished. Well, fuck them. And fuck Gary Lineker.

The Mirror
The Mail

Nuff said

Fine proletarian newspapers, Red Baz.

You almost sound like the stupid childish twat that I have on ignore that likes GIFs and emojis but is incapable of adult debate

I bet you can’t guess but a clue is PS4

(with respect)

:dierpochhug:

I have done my video analysis and what I can tell you is that there were only 1 or 2 occasions when they didn't particularly look they wanted to make an angle for a pass in the last 25 mins or so. If you want, and before you go down your rabbithole of fogging stats, I will pick out the exact times for you.

I have just had a quick look, just from the 70th minute alone,

76.34 Dier makes no effort to offer for Winks
76.50 Dier again makes no effort to show for Winks and Alli has to revive under pressure instead
76.55 Dier still not moving to receive, this time from Aurierhemmed in on touchline and ism forced to pass to offside Moura.
77.50 We are forced back, then have to play out, Dier (and Winks) has made very little effort to get back and offer an option to the Alderweireld who is forced to go back to keeper who punts long and out of touch.

81.34 If you freeze it here you get an example (not the best example but an idea) of what I mean by Dier sinking back too far and almost disappearing into the back 4 and dragging the game backwards when we are under pressure, in this case this has dragged Kane back into the midfield to fill a gap. Dier does this a lot.

Look, I'd rather Dier out there as a DM than Sissoko, because he at least has a better game reading brain and does some of the simple stuff better, and Sissoko actively hides even more than Dier does, even under no pressure at times.

Maybe Dier's issues will be less emphasised under a more pragmatic approach of Mourinho than a more expansive and tactically challenging Pochettino, but still not my idea of a real midfielder, especially not a CM2 which asks it's components to be really rounded.

Last edited:

Strange, Collymore says:

I’d say a winner is someone who leaves a club in a much better place than the one they found it

Seems to ignore that Poch took over a team in 5th and left it in 14th?

Oliver Holt is fucking yesterdays man, once a Times journalist, then ended up at the fucking Mirror and now the Daily fucking Nazi tabloid rag. Tosspot.

Last edited:
76.34 Dier makes to effort to offer for Winks
OK.
76.50 Dier again makes no effort to show for Winks and Alli has to revive under pressure instead
He's just been kicked. I'll give him a pass.
76.55 Dier still not moving to receive, this time from Aurierhemmed in on touchline and ism forced to pass to offside Moura.
He's just been kicked. Alli is available. Not Dier's fault that Moura is offside.
77.50 We are forced back, then have to play out, Dier (and Winks) has made very little effort to get back and offer an option to the Alderweireld who is forced to go back to keeper who punts long and out of touch.
What Dier does here is exactly the kind of thing that drives me mad. We have a corner, and Dier turns and passes back to Aurier, putting our defence under unnecessary pressure.
81.34 If you freeze it here you get an example (not the best example but an idea) of what I mean by Dier sinking back too far and almost disappearing into the back 4 and dragging the game backwards when we are under pressure, in this case this has dragged Kane back into the midfield to fill a gap. Dier does this a lot.
We had just been defending a set-piece. The issue here was reorganising our defensive line after dealing with the initial threat. But I think I know the type of thing you are on about.

Anyway, I have told you 1,000,000 times that I really dislike him as a player. But you have dementia, and keep forgetting.

My initial point was that Dier was not the reason we ended up defending deep.

Strange, Collymore says:

I’d say a winner is someone who leaves a club in a much better place than the one they found it

Oliver Holt is fucking yesterdays man, once a Times journalist, then ended up at the fucking Mirror and now the Daily fucking Nazi tabloid rag. Tosspot.
. '' I know he might win Spurs a League Cup, FA Cup or even a Europa League, but that’s a very narrow definition of a winner, isn’t it?'' How can you dismiss 3 competitions as not worthy of winning them? So anything but winning the league or cl is a failure for spurs these days? I remember different comments when he won the el with manu.

Strange, Collymore says:

No matter what we do we get slated keep Pochettino, no Tottenham should have got rid he’d lost the dressing room blah, blah! Get Mourinho, no Tottenham should have gone for a younger guy Mourinho is to old.....get a younger guy say Howe, no Tottenham should have gone for Mourinho got experience of winning things FFS truth be the establishment didn’t like it when we gate crashed the cosy little “top four” set up it gave them the right hump! Strange how it was “top four” this “top four” that when we were no where near it then all of a sudden we’re hovering top four it strangely became “top six” can’t have United or arse left out now can we........cunts.

Strange, Collymore says:

All these rags are the same, they’ll be lapping it up once Mourinho starts giving them sound bites

Back
Top Bottom